I saw this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ur-work-place! and thought of all the horrible stories I had from my time in Retail. My stories would kinda take his thread off the topic of a site to rate customers, so I felt a thread solely on the horror stories from Retail/Customer service might be fitting.

Of all the horrible stories I can recall, 2 come to mind.

When ZhuZhu pets came out they were beyond popular. I'll never forget stocking them in the aisle in front of electronics, hell, noone who worked there knew they were popular. Store opens, shoppers come in, 5 people in the Zhuzhu aisle, one lady in front with a cart asks my boss "Excuse me, is there a limit on these?". He looks at her confused, I mean, they're new and all, but it was like September. So, he tells her "no limit" and she scooped all them in her cart and left, screwing the other shoppers waiting around her out of them.

Now, 2 weeks later I was in Electronics and we got 2 cases (14 units) in, so I spoke with the head manager and we limit 1 per shopper (14 happy shoppers instead of 1), and we sold them from behind the counter. Store opens, 3 people come to the Zhuzhu aisle, then come to me to inquire about them. There's the lady, again. I sell the 2 other shoppers theirs, and she comes up and buys her toy.

Transaction complete, she looks around then says "Ok, I'll take the rest of them." I tell her politely it's 1 per shopper, this of course puts a hair across her ass. She starts throwing a fit, telling me there's noone else around and it's her right to buy them, and she's going to talk to my manager and get me fired.

Manager hears the yelling, comes over. She curses us both out, manager tells her to leave, and she storms off.

I hate people like her.

Second story: Back in the old days of my job ('08-'10) Electronic employees had to inspect Electronic returns before accepting. This was to reduce the store getting screwed over, basically. I seen in my time Xbox360s (the old versions) where they'd be 'shell swapped' (Thieves buy a small HD unit and a big one and swap the casing and return the expensive one), people returning old ass products (IE: old DVD players with muck and grime and nastiness when the product was only supposed to be like 6 days old) to people returning crap we don't sell (Dynex Power Supplies, which is a Best Buy house brand). But this one situation took the cake.

I got off my lunch break and was told there was a return to inspect. I get to the counter and the girl there said she called me a few times and just accepted it, not knowing I was on lunch, and not wanting to piss the shopper off. The return was a PS3. The old style one, you know, weighed a freaking TON. She puts it in acart, I wheel it back to Electronics. As soon as I lifted it I knew it felt light. I figured there was no controllers or perhaps the packaging was tossed. I open the box. and there was a: College Economics 101 '08 Edition Text Book in the box where the PS3 would sit.

Shit you not.

Stared at the box dumb founded for a solid minute, called my head security manager. He comes over, sees the box, throws a huge shit fit, and ended up getting the girl canned. (She was a ditz and called out alot, so no loss for the store).

Great customers screw stores over for whatever money they can. In the end loss of profit comes from the employees, usually in form of hours, and therefore really hurts out pay checks.

Anyone else got any interesting Retail/Customer Service stories to share?