Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Obama: I'd save drowning Putin

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...#ixzz2zujGmZRr

Progress in the Ukrainian issue... I guess? This whole Ukrainian crisis just seems like a really tense, awkward, passive-aggressive standoff between Russia and the West. Guess the United States and Russia should just bone and get it over with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin would probably save him too. I'm sure he likes having a U.S. President he can push around.

What a stupid and trivial question to ask.

Putin would save him because he'd be out in the water wrestling bears for salmon anyhow, and he'd react instinctively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you would. Dead people can't change their ways, can't face justice, and sure as hell can't be leveraged with "You owe me one!"
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Having the capability to save a dying man and choosing not to do so is as good as murder, Obama is not an idiot despite what people may think of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no shit he'd do that. It's called being a good person not being an asshole. I'm not fond of Putin but leaving him there to drown woudl also have consequences. I doubt his Russian friends would be happy about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Having the capability to save a dying man and choosing not to do so is as good as murder, Obama is not an idiot despite what people may think of him.
    What if I don't feel like getting wet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What if I don't feel like getting wet.
    Then you will be a dry murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What a stupid and trivial question to ask.
    Seriously, some strange political discourse given all of the recent events.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then, when he pulls Putin from the water, droplets glistening on both of their erect nipples, the boom-chicka-bow-wow music starts.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Putin would save him because he'd be out in the water wrestling bears for salmon anyhow, and he'd react instinctively.
    Ofcourse. My thoughts exactly.

Deleted
    The whole idea changes when you would give up your life to save another. I personally don't know if I'd the balls to do this for someone I don't know in person. It's easy saying you would when you never have been in such a situation as you will see on online forums...

10+ Year Old Account
    THis is probably one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. Whoever asked that question should be grilled over an open fire. Then eaten. I'm starving on this new diet.
    You're a towel.

Having the capability to save a dying man and choosing not to do so is as good as murder
    Morally - arguably - but legally no it's not universally so. It's a possible failure of reasonable assistance laws where such things exist.

In other jurisdictions you can be on fire and i'm perfectly legitimate in not choosing to piss on you to put you out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The whole idea changes when you would give up your life to save another. I personally don't know if I'd the balls to do this for someone I don't know in person. It's easy saying you would when you never have been in such a situation as you will see on online forums...
    No one says you have to put your own life at risk, saving him could be as simple as throwing him something to grab onto or help him float. Unless you are a trained lifeguard you should not be jumping in to save a struggling, drowning man. So by doing nothing at all it makes you a cold callous bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The whole idea changes when you would give up your life to save another.
    There's never a 100% quarantee you will save them, but if you don't even bother to try then there must be something wrong with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say let them both drown, same for the wannabe fat boy David Cameron, not one of them have brought anything remotely good for the general public.., I am in fact seriously perplexed about how much BS the average person sucks up compared to earlier generations.

Get some people in "power" who focus more on improving life for the general public and future generations than those currently prostituting themselves for the weapons industries and their personal political carriers!

Cameron would float.

Modern Western discourse is overwhelmingly petty. Whatever happened to shows like 'Firing Line' when America was very much an example for investigative journalism and proper debate? Out of curiosity I was watching a bit of Russia Today's news channel yesterday. Any accusations of 'bias' can be dismissed out of hand when one notes that even supposedly neutral news corporations, such as the BBC, have been particularly guilty of it lately; primarily with relation to UKIP/Nigel Farage and the Ukrainian situation.

What I noted however, during an interview with Sergey Lavrov, was that the manner and calibre of debate was something now sadly quite foreign to Western media. The interviewer, Sophie Shevardnadze, asked her questions; and after each one, Sergey explained himself in a calm manner whilst taking all the time needed to do so. The questions themselves were surprisingly neutral and open-ended; given the rabid accusations of 'bias' that RT is often subject to.

Nothing of the sort would happen in a BBC debate, or a Newsnight debate with Jeremy Paxman, as well as many others in the West; where the custom seems to be to interrupt the interviewee at any opportunity in an attempt to undermine them and any points they make.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2014-04-25 at 05:47 PM.