Need Advice and/or Constructive Criticism/Opinions for my Mini-ITX build

I currently posted on tomshardware.com forums and tried to just copy/paste here (can't post links! -.- Sorry for my failness)

So this build is mainly for like a media center build/gaming..
    It will be hooked up to a 55 inch screen and used for like watching movies/playing games
    This is not a pure build for gaming as I already have 2 of those and I'm looking to keep this under $1000.

Granted I would like this build to be pretty nice but let me know if I'm definitely going overkill on this or that... which I ALWAYS tend to do.

Case:Xigmatek Aquila Mini-ITX
    Have been debating between this and the BitFenix Prodigy, Colossus and Phenom.

CPU:Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150
    Probably Overkill but again its somewhat for gaming :P

MoBo: MSI Z87I GAMING AC LGA 1150 Intel Z87
    I like that it has wireless built in; however I do have a spare Netgear USB adapter at home so wireless isn't "NEEDED"

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR 750W
    Possibly overkill as well but I did already move from the 850W version to the 750w

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
    Practically standard RAM =\ could probably go 16gb.. undecided.

SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB
    I know 128gb is small; however this is basically going to have like the OS and probably WoW, anything else will more then likely be on an external or I will grab a 1tb slave drive.

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270X GAMING 4GB
    or..
    GPU: MSI Gaming N770 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770

CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i
    I've gone with this cooler on my last PC and its been super nice to me so I figured I would give it another go.

Probably missing a couple things but I just wanted to give you a general idea on what I was looking at.. I will not be ordering from newegg but instead going to microcenter tonight to buy everything so I just wanted to get this out there and hopefully get some constructive criticism before going there

For the GPU I've never shy'd away from nVidia's.. kind of nervous to try out an AMD but hopefully somebody can let me know how they are!

I know I could simply just put one of my two PC's in the bedroom instead of this build "I'm sure I'll hear that from my SO but.. I really don't want a massive tower on my dresser..

Thanks to anybody willing to help me out )

everything is a bit overkill but seems you want it to be. i would however drop that Mobo and just use the adapter or get a internal card. the extra cost for wireless on a mobo is
    way higher then just getting a separate one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is 'some gaming' exactly, because this 'media system' has better specs than my main gaming system.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

lol I clearly have an issue when it comes to building PC's I ALWAYS go way overkill.. I suppose I can lower a lot of this and be happy because honestly the only gaming that will actually be played on this system is probably only blizzard games..

WoW, Hearthstone, D3.. who knows what else lol but I just want to make sure that I get great performance from it. I suppose I'll check around for other mini-itx builds to see what others are putting in their systems

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want "Great Performance" on WoW, Hearthstone, D3. Which makes it effectively a main gaming system, not a media center. It's just a $1000 gaming rig that also happens to play movies on a tv sometimes :P

If that's the case, then the budget is about right.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godgunner View Post
    everything is a bit overkill but seems you want it to be. i would however drop that Mobo and just use the adapter or get a internal card. the extra cost for wireless on a mobo is
    way higher then just getting a separate one.
    Normally I would agree but where do you intend on putting said card when the gpu takes up the only slot. In my experience only these over the top expensive boards that include the mini pci express lot in the first place and also include a spot on the ioshield for the antenna so you don't have to mod it. I would probably suggest using the existing one as well but only in this case.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2014-04-26 at 08:09 AM.