Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Qubix View Post
    Before I get any grief comments, I promise I'm not some baddie. I'm not the greatest healer ever, but I am not your "village idiot" PoH spammer. I would like to think I had enough experience back in my progression days to still be a very formidable priest.
    I don't think you'll have many people arguing with you about this -- holy has been consistently under-performing in SoO. I was sailing along as disc and finally got sick of it, and switched to holy. Sometimes it's frustrating when I know I'm doing everything right but I'm beaten out by other classes, but it's still viable so I continue to try.

Thankfully I've been in the same guild for 6ish years so they know that I, too, am not a baddie

I'm very much looking forward to changes for holy in the xpac. It would be nice to see the underdog shine, at least a little bit!

Disc for life; holy is pretty fun, I sometimes play it on farm for the lulz but unless I'm completely unviable as disc for whatever reason I'll be sticking with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I don't think you'll have many people arguing with you about this -- holy has been consistently under-performing in SoO.
    Haha well thanks! I was shocked when I first came back because I took the time to learn the new spells and whatnot.. but I was just getting outdone left and right. Now with a little better gear it is better (somewhat), but I was used to topping charts in WotLK and Cata (at times).. You are lucky to have a consistent guild for 6 years. I always was in guilds that had too many chiefs and not enough indians, which inevitably broke up after a year or less.

OT: Holy is BACK! (will... be... back.. erm..)
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

15+ Year Old Account
    I really cant agree Holy is the big underdog though, it just looks like it when the dmg is too low or inconsistent (when it doesn't matter anyway kind of). With bosses dmg patterns changed and HP vs heals rebalanced, that alone should do the trick to make us "shiny". I usually check overhealing done at fights when I get too depressed and Hpri wins by a ton.

I can understand why many chooses not to get involved with the spec cause of Chakras though, that's the biggest turn off for me to, but yay for the removal of bonus % stances. Can't cheer too loud, cause you never know what will happen to our stances though! Spells revamped can be more meaningful than bonuses and Chakras even more of an important choice and punitive if in wrong.... hm... With 10s CD it'll be more stressful than ever to get it all right, and also dish out some smites in dps stance w/e you get the chance, but maybe it'll work out fine with the dmg patterns in WoD. It will certainly not be boring, but I feel the active manaregen is a bit off and to dps feels awkward for regen.

I tried to figure out during last nights raid when I would switch to red Chakra and smite, but... that felt odd as hell:/
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2014-04-29 at 04:29 PM.

The Chakras always were the biggest turn off for me but now I'm a little interested in trying Holy next expasion now that the stance bonuses are gone. Although I still feel like Chakra should just be removed at this point, as far as I can see it just seems like people will camp in red chakra and heal or just remain in serenity...sanctuary looks really weak imo.

Holy will probably be the way to go so I'll be holy at the start and switch back to disc if I miss it or see that they are viable.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

WoD looks like a really cool expansion, and Holy looks like its finally getting some much deserved love from the devs, but sadly I quit WoW and I don't think I'm coming back. If I would though, I'd deffo continue playing holy, likely as my main again as well.