Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i just can't wait for WoD to release, and in the first couple weeks see a massive backlash to having to walk everywhere. people complaining about how it's boring, how previous expansions were better, and how they're going to quit if blizzard doesn't change it back. and the funny thing is, the loudest group of people who complain are going to be the same who are defending the removal of flight right now.

people take flight for granted. well, you're gonna miss it when it's gone and you have to walk to gather mats, quit archaeology for the same reason, afk on flight paths because they're slow and boring compared to flying yourself, and most importantly, lose the ability to go where you want to go.

edit: another thing, blizzard's reasoning for removing it sucks ass. everyone and their mother knows the main reason is to slow down the rate of content consumption. instead of killing flight, blizzard should be coming up with content that utilizes it. if you don't want us to land down, kill an NPC, and fly off. how about not making that quest, hm? kill quests are boring anyway.

how about blizz sit down and come up with more interesting quests like the flying mount race in jade forest, or that rolling quest on serpent's spine? they won't because blizzard doesn't have a shred of creativity left in that company.

I love red, and I want that mount!

blizzard how you explain the casuals and weekend warriors the non flying thing?

in the end the sub numbers in 6.1 will bring us flying back with lightspeed..

this will tell you all non prophets..

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I'm too addicted to WoW to quit, but no flying would make me a sad panda. I love the freedom. I like the view from above. I dislike crawing on the ground like we have to in reality.
    Do you know of any games where flight is a key element and it's fast and fun and also sandboxxy? I want a game like that.

A new mount pops up and ya'll are already crying about how Blizzard will implement it. "Prepare your wallets!" "RaF" "Omg I'll never get it" "It'll be .001% drop chance!"

Seriously. You will ride it for 5 minutes and then forget you have it until you're trying to punk someone with your vast array of mounts that you collect and never ride.

I am absolutely in *love* with the idea of no flying. I hope it lasts the entire xpac and is only implemented after an xpac is over, if ever. The reason is 100% for immersion. I remember how fun quests could be when you didn't fly in, win, fly out. Also, PvP is so much better when the person doesn't fly in out of no where, gank you, then fly away before you can even get revenge. Or when those damned engineers glide far enough away when they start to lose to drop combat and then fly away. Rogues are the only ones supposed to be able to just drop combat and run when the tables turn. I am no fan that they can, but that is their niche.

It will take some getting used to, but once we do, it will provide a more entertaining experience. Instead of now, when I feel annoyed anytime I can't just fly in, win, and fly out. I'd rather do one quest that takes 15 or so minutes and offers X award than 3 quests that are 5 minutes each and offer Y+Y+Y=X award. It makes the quests feel more epic and less repetitive. Both of those things will lead to a more exciting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    blizzard how you explain the casuals and weekend warriors the non flying thing?

in the end the sub numbers in 6.1 will bring us flying back with ligthspeed..
    Possibly not, the servers cost such a small amount to keep running that only 100 or so subscribers are needed to turn a profit.

Deleted
    Actually, I only have one problem with this. My hardly (some extremly hard) gained flying mounts. I know, I know, they said every flying mount in game will be able to walk on the ground and be used anywhere. But still, I think it's very hard to make a pandaren phoenix, ashes, mimiron's head or the MoP dragons look good on the ground (to name just a few). The mighty netherwing dragons, the protodrakes, the all need to fly, not crawl on the ground. What would Daenerys Targaryen do with 3 dragons that can't fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Moglock View Post
    I am absolutely in *love* with the idea of no flying. I hope it lasts the entire xpac and is only implemented after an xpac is over, if ever. The reason is 100% for immersion. I remember how fun quests could be when you didn't fly in, win, fly out. Also, PvP is so much better when the person doesn't fly in out of no where, gank you, then fly away before you can even get revenge. Or when those damned engineers glide far enough away when they start to lose to drop combat and then fly away. Rogues are the only ones supposed to be able to just drop combat and run when the tables turn. I am no fan that they can, but that is their niche.

It will take some getting used to, but once we do, it will provide a more entertaining experience. Instead of now, when I feel annoyed anytime I can't just fly in, win, and fly out. I'd rather do one quest that takes 15 or so minutes and offers X award than 3 quests that are 5 minutes each and offer Y+Y+Y=X award. It makes the quests feel more epic and less repetitive. Both of those things will lead to a more exciting game.
    Your Wisdom stat must be maxed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it sounds like a RaF Mount from the bolded friends part, but of course the usuals will think its another store mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    Actually, I only have one problem with this. My hardly (some extremly hard) gained flying mounts. I know, I know, they said every flying mount in game will be able to walk on the ground and be used anywhere. But still, I think it's very hard to make a pandaren phoenix, ashes, mimiron's head or the MoP dragons look good on the ground (to name just a few). The mighty netherwing dragons, the protodrakes, the all need to fly, not crawl on the ground. What would Daenerys Targaryen do with 3 dragons that can't fly?
    That's legitimately the only decent reason to keep flying in. Maybe they'll fly while in movement and land when they stand still. The Engineering mounts are also a good example, they did different thinks on the land and in the air. I like how if you stood idle enough the engine would shut off and it'd land proper.

Hmm... perhaps there maybe a compromise of some sort, we'll have to see. I was thinking maybe flight paths use your current flight mount instead of the low-poly gryphon or chimaera models.

SHRUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Moglock View Post

Except that knowing blizzard it will probably be like the same rewards for 3x the time/trouble. It's a timesink masked as content.

I still can't see why they can't implement a flying mount launch cooldown (say 5 minutes), to/from a zone is easy, you can use your nice mount. But you are discouraged from hopping. In the blue's example - you have to fight your way in or out, or wait anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post
    Do you know of any games where flight is a key element and it's fast and fun and also sandboxxy? I want a game like that.
    Its called Archeage and its awesome !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I'm too addicted to WoW to quit, but no flying would make me a sad panda. I love the freedom. I like the view from above. I dislike crawing on the ground like we have to in reality.

Totally agree with you. Flying is something special and i would also be very sad if we could not fly in the next expansion. To see a world from above, especially this world is something i don't want to miss...

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Except that knowing blizzard it will probably be like the same rewards for 3x the time/trouble. It's a timesink masked as content.
    You aren't taking in the brevity of what he's saying, Atmosphere is it's own reward. If you are playing WoW simply to get epics to raid with which in turn you can get more epics to raid even more with... then you aren't seeing the whole game.

Another upside, we won't have a huge money sink or two! I've bought epic flying on three characters and 310% flying on one and it's a hell of a cost for a more "casual" player like myself who doesn't have time to get 10s of thousands of gold together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    Its called Archeage and its awesome !!!
    Will investigate, thank you based Ombus.

we need more random glowing crap on that mount

Im still waiting for an explanation as to why they think its better to force players that dont care for their way of game experience instead of giving people a choice.
    Taking away choice (at max level), annoying a significant part of the player base and making gameplay feel forced, linear and clunky is something I expect from a console game but not a pc mmo.
    This whole removing of choice will make the game feel bland, its not only flying, its the removal of usefull abilities, reforging, gemming (to a certain extend) and pvp-related healing changes without getting anything in return.

As someone who doesnt care for garrisons its getting harder for me to see any upsides to this new expansion, it feels like cata all over again..

Maybe they are saving all the good stuff for later?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlosdanger View Post
    we need more random glowing crap on that mount
    I distastefully agree. There appears a dissatisfying lack of shiny glowing globey things on this mount, margin landing on subscription reconsider.

Please consider more baubles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spekkiebig View Post
    Im still waiting for an explanation as to why they think its better to force players that dont care for their way of game experience instead of giving people a choice.
    It will discourage players who don't care about the game and seek only instant gratification from being a part of it.

Nothing of value is lost. Heck you don't even have to part with 15 USD per month!

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post

It will discourage players who don't care about the game and seek only instant gratification from being a part of it.

Nothing of value is lost. Heck you don't even have to part with 15 USD per month!
    So you basically say that your way of experiencing the game is better then how I like to play? Sounds awefully elitist.
    Im not looking for instant gratification, I just dont see the added value of restricting flying past level 100 or taking away choices from people that don't affect anyone else