Thread: Sweden-Finland

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskalden View Post
    A united Nordic country seems unlikely. There is too much pride in respective cultures. Swedes and Finns are more connected culturally, so I think many Swedes and Finns wouldn't have too much against calling themselves the same people, whereas Norwegians or Danes have too unique cultures and independent histories to connect with Sweden in the same way Finland would in my Sweden-Finland.
    You're right, but a man can hope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh the day when 3D printers print 3D printers (not so far from now).

So probably after!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

A united Nordic country seems unlikely. There is too much pride in respective cultures. Swedes and Finns are more connected culturally, so I think many Swedes and Finns wouldn't have too much against calling themselves the same people,
    We would call ourselves one, united people, speaking Finnish and spitting on Swedes.

Over the next millenium we would burn anything written in Swedish, starve a third of the Swedish population to death, start a war with Russia and expect Swedes to die in masses for Finland, starve the Swedes again, start another war and expect Swedes to die in it, starve the Swedes again, force a religious reformation on Sweden and murder everyone who disagrees, murder a few thousand Swedes for no reason at all, start a bunch of more wars while expecting Swedes to die in them...

The only reason Finns pretend to be friendly with Sweden is out of fear of Russia. If we didn't have that worry, those wars that people were planning a hundred years ago would probably have actually happened. We would take your country, burn down your cities, kill off most of your population in wars, famines and outright massacres, try to wipe out your language, massacre tens of thousands of Swedes every time you try to break off and pursue your own culture and expect you to be all happy about this union into one Finnish people. It would be justice.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-04-28 at 08:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    We would call ourselves one, united people, speaking Finnish and spitting on Swedes.

Over the next millenium we would burn anything written in Swedish, starve a third of the Swedish population to death, start a war with Russia and expect Swedes to die in masses for Finland, starve the Swedes again, start another war and expect Swedes to die in it, starve the Swedes again, force a religious reformation on Sweden and murder everyone who disagrees, murder a few thousand Swedes for no reason at all, start a bunch of more wars while expecting Swedes to die in them...

The only reason Finns pretend to be friendly with Sweden is out of fear of Russia. If we didn't have that worry, those wars that people were planning a hundred years ago would probably have actually happened. We would take your country, burn down your cities, kill off most of your population in wars, famines and outright massacres, try to wipe out your language, massacre tens of thousands of Swedes every time you try to break off and pursue your own culture and expect you to be all happy about this union into one Finnish people. It would be justice.
    Oh boy... don't know what to say, really. You do realize if neither Sweden or Russia had ever interfered with Finland we would still probably be like some of those tribes in northeastern Siberia.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post

Righto Mr. Cookoo.

You might've had a point about Åland earlier but now you seem to be the kind of person that thinks Sweden oppressed Finns because they were Finns, which just isn't true.

I'm not exactly sure what makes people so nationalistic but sometimes you need to eat your pride and shit. For the greater good.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might've had a point about Åland earlier but now you seem to be the kind of person that thinks Sweden oppressed Finns because they were Finns, which just isn't true.
    Sweden oppressed Finns, because Finns are stubborn and resisted just about everything. Sweden oppressed Swedes, too, but Swedes were more bending so to speak.

As Finns, our own stubbornness has led to lots of good things and lots of bad things in history. No pain, no gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Sweden oppressed Finns, because Finns are stubborn and resisted just about everything. Sweden oppressed Swedes, too, but Swedes were more bending so to speak.

As Finns, our own stubbornness has led to lots of good things and lots of bad things in history. No pain, no gain.
    Sweden oppressed peasants. Finnish was just another peasant language in Sweden, like Estonian and Scanian. It wasn't because Swedes hated Finnish culture or the Finnish ethnicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what makes people so nationalistic but sometimes you need to eat your pride and shit. For the greater good.
    You talkin' to me? You talkin' to ME?

But seriously, who you talking to

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to ME?

But seriously, who you talking to
    Just rambling, gawd take it eazeeeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Oh boy... don't know what to say, really. You do realize if neither Sweden or Russia had ever interfered with Finland we would still probably be like some of those tribes in northeastern Siberia.
    Our Siberian cousins had writing, states, civilization, all that before the Swedish conquest of Finland, so I think that would be a huge improvement. They just got fucked up by the Russians later.

We don't even know what we had before the Swedes because they systematically destroyed our history and replaced it with forgeries but we know that almost all of the early history is forgery. For example, we know from archaeology and linguistics that Finland was Orthodox first. How did the Swedes fail to mention that? Because they destroyed all evidence and made up "St Henry" instead to make a claim to Finland. The Russians, for all their faults, didn't actually do that and their chronicles list Kings and territories of Finns (well, not Finns back then, instead Häme people and so on), skipped burning Finnish texts and actually had Finnic nobility and so on.

Where we failed is that we stupidly managed to colonize this northernmost piece of agricultural land that could never support a large population so we ended up dominated by everyone else, including totalitarians like Swedes who wiped out every bit of our history.

Deleted
    Where do you actually get your information from? As far as I can find, Karelia got Christianized by the Novgorodians whereas western and central Finland was christianized by Swedes at roughly the same time. I can't find anything about any actual Finnish kings, only Finnic tribe leaders only associated with other tribes by ethnicity.
    Last edited by mmoc96b28150b7; 2014-04-29 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    http://svenska.yle.fi/artikel/2014/0...nd-och-sverige

I heard this was confirmed in today's news... a step forward for closer Swedish-Finnish relations imo.