Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yes the only constant is 6 movies made 20 some years apart, Lets see here 6 movies vs well over 100 books? What is more detailed and has more foundation.

- - - Updated - - -

except the new movies are just gona be a pile of shit with things thrown in them to try and get the most people viewing it instead of sticking to whats happened. Like chewy being alive cus all the hipster poser star wars fans will have wanted him there cus they like him instead staying true to him dying. I bet the galaxy wont have been ripped in half by the vong, and i bet anakin will be alive to.
    those well over 100 books were never canon to begin with.
    get that through your skull.

look, i like the books too, i have read most of them out there.
    that said, i always knew that they weren't canon.
    would the NJO make a great series? fuck yes. it would. i concur whole heartedly.

but it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    The EU has never been canon as far as the films go. From now on that will change it seems. All future books, films, and other media will be tied into a single canonical storyline.
    After seeing those quotes, I feel there should be no outrage over what disney is doing. They bought Lucas' world, he didn't sell them what he didn't acknowledge.

But them making everything from here on out canon is actually good news.

When in that post was i talking about star wars? Seems your the idiot here. CA = star wars somehow?
    You're bitching about Disney. Disney owns both properties. Both properties involve big-budget movies designed to make money and (hopefully) be fun and entertaining. I'm sorry you're unable to grasp simple concepts.

except the new movies are just gona be a pile of shit with things thrown in them to try and get the most people viewing it instead of sticking to whats happened.
    It never happened. It's all fiction... These movies may or may not incorporate elements from the EU. All this statement does is confirm that they don't feel the need to be bound by the EU. Those stories will still exist once the new movies are made. So get over it.

As someone born before the 80s, I assure you that the cannon consists of three movies only. Kidding aside, what's the big deal? It's like you're arguing over who should succeed Mohammad as caliph or whether leavened or unleavened bread should be used in Communion.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    those well over 100 books were never canon to begin with.
    get that through your skull.

look, i like the books too, i have read most of them out there.
    that said, i always knew that they weren't canon.
    would the NJO make a great series? fuck yes. it would. i concur whole heartedly.

but it isn't happening.

For a community that condems Lucas becuase of Episode 1-3 they seem to back him alot on movies> books. I honestly could give a fuck what lucas says if the books were cannon or not. They laid down a more comprehensive and more detailed universe and storyline than the 6 movies ever did or future 3 will. Like i said before i see this move as disney trying to cater to the poser hipster fans who claime to be diehard fans but have only seen the movies. All in all what this looks like it means is the future books will be shit as they will conform to the new storyline that disney is pulling our of thier ass and past awsome writers will be disscouraged to continue the EU storyline, Authors like Zahn will be most pissed i forsee. I guess i shouldnt be mad that Karren travis stopped writing for star wars even though she did for mandos what no other author could, she got out at a good time. Looks like Warhammer40k will be my new favorite book universe as the EU star wars one most likely wont survive this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea of community is not what it actually is. Those that condemn 1-3 and support him in this aren't going to be the same. Lucas/Disney's word is law in this. If you want to ignore him, fine but don't expect to be taken seriously.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh well, half of Wookiepedia will have to be rewritten.
    P.S.
    I think that this is silly. Its just too much good stuff sent to bin. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Oh well, half of Wookiepedia will have to be rewritten.
    P.S.
    I think that this is silly. Its just too much good stuff sent to bin. xD
    Easy way out. Simply write at the top in big letters "This article is not considered canonical."

I'm sure a bunch have said it but it deserves reiterating. All of the 'EU' stuff was canon. George Lucas had to sign off on all of it and give it the green light as something 'worthy' of the Star Wars universe. That's why Star Wars isn't/wasn't full of retconing.

Honestly it's really disappointing. The Rogue Squadron books helped me learn to read and were always some of my favorite books. But now that all of the EU is just nonsensical junk I guess I'm done with Star Wars. I was willing to over look the pile of steaming bantha poo that Episodes 1-3 were. I was willing to over look (to a degree) the crap where Chewy died. But, this is just the end of Star Wars for me.

Deleted
    Well, star wars aint so interesting all of sudden

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Or since they aren't ditching the current EU all together, just making it a separate Canon divide it among the two levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that means chewbacca doesn't die, then I'll take that as a plus.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, that's it. i'm done with star wars now. fuck disney, seriously. goddamned motherfuckers.

Lol because Lucas saying it long ago didn't matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    according to geaorge lucas it was until recently.

GL has always said they weren't canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my friends are all Star Wars fans yet very few of us have read any of the books. I have always considered them to be pure fan fiction with the official logo just stampled on them and the few I tried to read didn't really feel like the real deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If that means chewbacca doesn't die, then I'll take that as a plus.
    *Makes a happy Wookie Roar*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Expanded Universe was garbage. But I doubt that Disney's Star Wars universe will be any better.

It's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I'm sure a bunch have said it but it deserves reiterating. All of the 'EU' stuff was canon. George Lucas had to sign off on all of it and give it the green light as something 'worthy' of the Star Wars universe. That's why Star Wars isn't/wasn't full of retconing.

Read the quotes from Lucas I linked above. The EU was considered an alternative reality version of Star Wars to Lucas. All good stories and he went out of his way to say he tried to make sure he didn't use names from the EU to avoid confusion but in the end canon to Lucas was the films and now included the Clone Wars series.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only EU I've ever cared for has been Old Republic era stuff - KotOR 1 & 2, and SWTOR.

Also, Kyle Katarn's adventures in Dark Forces & Jedi Knight. Though, beyond that, haven't really cared.