Poll: Would you like to see a proper anime adaptation of this manga?

10+ Year Old Account

Mahou Sensei Negima

So about a month ago I finally started reading this manga which I had put off for a very long time since I saw the original anime and quite frankly thought it was terrible. Now I'm officially finished with the manga and I have to admit I haven't enjoyed a Shonen this much since I read One Piece. Which leads me to the point of this thread. Why has there never been a proper adaptation of this manga, and would you like to see it adapted again (properly this time).

I saw the 7 OVA's; which where quite good especially the last 4 but they only cover a small fraction of this manga. This is one of those few manga's that I think would be better if it where adapted. I'm not sure what the problem is with the copyrights for Akamatsu's manga but I really wish they where resolved and some studio picked this manga up since it's now finished. If something like Fairy Tail or Magi have been successful enough to get multiple seasons. MS: Negima could easily compete with those two and be very profitable.

Only reason I'm really bringing this up is because the manga has been handled horribly when it comes to adaptations and it's a damn shame. It's one of the few harem/ecchi manga's that is actually good and gets progressively better; though the ending was questionable. I highly recommend this manga if you like action, magic, adventure, comedy, ecchi/harem or romance. It's a very fun read, even if it gets a lot of hate for it's ending. It's a bit slow at the start but it picks up around the Kyoto Arc.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Negima was fun, though it's still a pity it ended the way it did. It reeked of rushing to the end in the last 10-20 chapters. (Guessing it got cancelled and the author had to quickly finish things, otherwise I dunno why he'd pull something like that)

But yeah, I'd like to see a Negima anime done properly.

On a related note, if you liked Negima, have a go at UQ Holder. Same author, same world, takes place 200 years or something in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Negima was fun, though it's still a pity it ended the way it did. It reeked of rushing to the end in the last 10-20 chapters. (Guessing it got cancelled and the author had to quickly finish things, otherwise I dunno why he'd pull something like that)

But yeah, I'd like to see a Negima anime done properly.

On a related note, if you liked Negima, have a go at UQ Holder. Same author, same world, takes place 200 years or something in the future.

Yep, UQ Holder is actually what reminded me of Negima in the first place. I started reading that and realized it was sequel to Negima then decided to give it a chance since I enjoyed that manga.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Apparently the publisher was trying to take ownership and copyrights away from the author, so the author wrapped it up as soon as possible. I think that's the only series I've seen where the final boss gets time-skipped. They just cut out the final arc and put up the epilogue.

I would like to see a proper adaptation of the manga. I didn't really care for the beginning of the series, but I thought the Magic World arcs were great. I'd like to see the Jack Rakan fight animated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Apparently the publisher was trying to take ownership and copyrights away from the author, so the author wrapped it up as soon as possible. I think that's the only series I've seen where the final boss gets time-skipped. They just cut out the final arc and put up the epilogue.

I would like to see a proper adaptation of the manga. I didn't really care for the beginning of the series, but I thought the Magic World arcs were great. I'd like to see the Jack Rakan fight animated.

Oh so that's what it was, damn so it's not like Akamatsu wanted to end his manga there he was basically forced. Publishing rights in Japan need a serious overhaul, this seems to happen very often.

I would love to see the School Festival and the Magic World Arc animated, there where both great arcs especially the Magic World arc. Jack Rakan was hilarious.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.