feign death

wtb this clearing aggro consistently.

its like traps, random amount of time between 1 and 3 seconds to activate/

Stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Stand still.
    "cant do that while moving"

the game makes you stand still already

i mean cant it work like soul shatter? That's never failed me before.
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-04-27 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    "cant do that while moving"

the game makes you stand still already
    I meant that if you move while your character is still doing the falling animation then you won't drop threat and that's how it's always been. That is the only drawback of the spell, which is fair considering how powerful it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i mean cant it work like soul shatter? That's never failed me before.
    Is there really a need to change something that is going to become irrelevant for threat purposes next expansion, not to mention as I said that they are completely different spells with Feign death being far superior so it's reasonable for it to have a minor drawback.

Never had this issue since BC where you could feign a good 5 seconds and get threat back immediately. (Was fixed at some point)
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I meant that if you move while your character is still doing the falling animation then you won't drop threat and that's how it's always been. That is the only drawback of the spell, which is fair considering how powerful it is.

Is there really a need to change something that is going to become irrelevant for threat purposes next expansion, not to mention as I said that they are completely different spells with Feign death being far superior so it's reasonable for it to have a minor drawback.
    i know about the falling animation thing, sometimes i still have threat after lying on the floor for almost 2 seconds

Strange, I've never had a problem with it in raids as long as I make sure the death animation completes.

Is there a particular time or fight that is giving you trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Strange, I've never had a problem with it in raids as long as I make sure the death animation completes.

Is there a particular time or fight that is giving you trouble?
    well i noticed it particularly when there are multiple mobs who have threat on me, I'll feign fully and then some will drop threat and others will continue attacking me.

Maybe it can still be resisted? Granted, I'm not sure how FD works these days since I play more casually now, but I remember that back in TBC FD was susceptible to resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Poganin View Post
    Maybe it can still be resisted? Granted, I'm not sure how FD works these days since I play more casually now, but I remember that back in TBC FD was susceptible to resists.
    Need dem 10 posts huh?

Deleted
    I was wondering too if is still resistable. On the 'advanced' tooltips in wowhead says that cannot miss, but doesn't mention if is susceptible at resist. That would explain Illana problems, I think. Even if I personally haven't had any problems with it, ever. (From what I recall, obv ^_^ Much time has passed by )

Are you people familiar with how internet latency works? Just because your character on your client does the animation doesn't mean it has reached the server and had time for the server to react to it yet. This is why mobs might still attack you or you might cancel it early and the next update you get says "hey you're standing back up, monsters keep attacking".

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Are you people familiar with how internet latency works? Just because your character on your client does the animation doesn't mean it has reached the server and had time for the server to react to it yet. This is why mobs might still attack you or you might cancel it early and the next update you get says "hey you're standing back up, monsters keep attacking".
    why would some mobs leave me alone and some continue to gently molest me D:?

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Need dem 10 posts huh?
    /target Metaphoric
    /bonk

Some mob wil ignore FD. FOr example try with Korkron Assasins, they wont leave u until u r truly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Some mob wil ignore FD. FOr example try with Korkron Assasins, they wont leave u until u r truly dead.
    im not talking about fixates, I know how they work.

For example when I was soloing nef hc, I feigned and the bone constructs buggered off but nef continued to attack me.