Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People wanting to give Elder Scrolls Online a go

I STRONGLY recommend staying away from the game currently.

This is a very common sight in every dungeon, node resource, and quest areas, etc:

And it is SERIOUSLY off putting...

they just banned most of those last night and there aren't many popping up now.

I'd recommend staying away from it because the combat is just atrocious. The rest of the game is pretty damn good but combat is too fundamental to put up with how bad it is in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post

This is a very common sight in every dungeon, node resource, and quest areas, etc:

It was until about mid yesterday, there have been a grand total of 2 bots that i've seen in the solo dungeons rather than the 20 odd you used to see, they are still about but they seem to be running quests several times their level.
    They did ban a load of them days before but they popped back up within a few hours....not this time though, and if people keep reporting them when ever they see them the less there will be.

I agree with what you're saying, but why does the video you posted sound like I'm listening to a sex-chat hotline?

I rather just play neverwinter, since it's the same thing.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The game is bad. Filled with so many bug. The combat system is god awful. The questing is boring. The bestiary is deadly boring. The armors look bad. Everything is bad in this SOLO mmorpg.

Homophobia is so gay.

That voice in the video is hella fucking creepy.

"I underestimated... my desire..... to SET THINGS ON FIRE"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the game still in Beta stages, and bot problem already gotten this bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    They refuse to fix billing so of course I'm staying away. They're not accepting the same exact credit card I used to buy the damn game, got my refund, got the fuck out of there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Isn't the game still in Beta stages, and bot problem already gotten this bad?
    No, it's released.

Deleted
    That voice. *shudder*

Anyway, amazes me that people would bot a new game. WoW PvP I can understand due to the grind, but a brand new MMO and botting already...

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It was until about mid yesterday, there have been a grand total of 2 bots that i've seen in the solo dungeons rather than the 20 odd you used to see, they are still about but they seem to be running quests several times their level.
    They did ban a load of them days before but they popped back up within a few hours....not this time though, and if people keep reporting them when ever they see them the less there will be.
    Kinda hard to report when there's many, were?, on top of each other.

Deleted
    People wanting to play ESO should keep an open mind and bear in mind that they've already admitted there's a bot problem, and are banning them in waves - also mostly a problem at lower levels and that the bots in dungeons are being fixed by a loot change that's already on the PTS. Big bot ban wave went out yesterday.

People who make youtube videos like this are looking for drama and sensationalising a situation so they can get hits and make moneys. I've got nothing against that, but no one should base whether they try out a game or not on some random person on youtube over exaggerating the worst of a game in order to get hits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is one of the reasons I stopped playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    People who make youtube videos like this are looking for drama and sensationalising a situation so they can get hits and make moneys. I've got nothing against that, but no one should base whether they try out a game or not on some random person on youtube over exaggerating the worst of a game in order to get hits.
    They play a whole bunch of mmos according to their other videos, even this one, so I doubt the person is trying to bad mouth it, just showing something that's basically apart of the online game.

Deleted

yeah, they're banning these bots on a daily basis ... this isn't a big issue anymore. Bots are a problem in every MMO and since ESO has no auction house to "farm" gold, they're using other means like farming resource nodes using speed/teleport hacks or sitting next to valuable mob/chest-spawns ...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That voice in the video is hella fucking creepy.

"I underestimated... my desire..... to SET THINGS ON FIRE"
    i kinda gusta.... kinda sexy.

At first I thought the voice was part of the game, then I was like this is some of the worse commentary ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just avoid it anyway, it really isn't worth playing. Go and mod up skyrim if you want to play an elder scrolls game. The co-op play outside of dungeons is terrible, one of the worst in any mmo.

This is a very common sight in every dungeon, node resource, and quest areas, etc
    Extremely creepy voice aside, the only difference with ESO and a game like WoW is ESO has public dungeons that aren't a typical instance dungeon, so the bots do this in plain sight. In WoW, the dungeons are instanced so bots are out of view and do it all day and all night. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just avoid it anyway, it really isn't worth playing. Go and mod up skyrim if you want to play an elder scrolls game. The co-op play outside of dungeons is terrible, one of the worst in any mmo.
    Why stop there? Play Skyrim instead of playing Rift, WoW, FFXIV, SWTOR etc. Or pick replacements like FFXIII, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc.