Question about male vs female undead casting animations

I've had a Female UD lock since 2004 because I felt like it was more fitting, but I really liked the Male undead casting animations. I often see people say go Fem UD for Affl and Male UD for Desto/Demo - but i don't get the difference. I love Aff & Destro, for the record.

I also really like how sinister looking some of the tier sets sit on the male UD (e.g. one that looks like a plague doctor). Can anyone offer their thoughts on who they think have better casting animations ?

PS. I'm not interested in any other races, so please don't suggest them. Especially Blood Elf. I hate Blood Elves.

Female undeads have really cool instant cast/channeling animations while undead male looks better hardcasting spells.

Other than that, without wanting to offend you, I think it is rather stupid to concider what others thinks looks good while taking cosmetic decitions instead on making a choice of your own. Your character, you are the one who should be happy about it.

PS. Belfs for ever <3

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Female undeads have really cool instant cast/channeling animations while undead male looks better hardcasting spells.

Other than that, without wanting to offend you, I think it is rather stupid to concider what others thinks looks good while taking cosmetic decitions instead on making a choice of your own. Your character, you are the one who should be happy about it.

PS. Belfs for ever <3
    No worries, none taken. I'm actually wondering if there's an animation(s) that i'm overlooking as I haven't logged in to the game in ages (well only 6 months) and i cant seem to remember most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that the character models and animations are being remade in WoD.

That said, Blizz stated they'd try to keep the flavor and feel of each race identical to how they are currently, and I think they've done well so far. If its a bit of an OCD thing (I know it is for me ) then I'd wait until you can see the finished Undead Male and Female model/animation updates before considering a gender swap.

I have a male Warlock and female Mage that are both Undead. I think the animations on the females look better because they look less "zombie" and more "not-quite-dead person", if that makes any sense. However, I think most sets look best on a male Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Keep in mind that the character models and animations are being remade in WoD.

That said, Blizz stated they'd try to keep the flavor and feel of each race identical to how they are currently, and I think they've done well so far. If its a bit of an OCD thing (I know it is for me ) then I'd wait until you can see the finished Undead Male and Female model/animation updates before considering a gender swap.

I have a male Warlock and female Mage that are both Undead. I think the animations on the females look better because they look less "zombie" and more "not-quite-dead person", if that makes any sense. However, I think most sets look best on a male Undead.
    Are animations getting changed too?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Are animations getting changed too?
    Wasn't sure if casting animations were getting update or not as well... I feel like I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Go to wowhead and pull up an item (doesn't really matter what item). Click "View in 3d". Select Undead and Male/Female. The next box is animation. You can view all of them this way.

EDIT: There is also a WoD selection for models/animations that have been datamined from WoD builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Wasn't sure if casting animations were getting update or not as well... I feel like I shouldn't get my hopes up.
    All the animations are getting an update. All of them. They are being made in the spirit of the old animations, so nothing should change too much outside of being more fluid. Compare the orc animations for an example. The shoulder-armor moves around a bit when slinging spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I mean this is a very subjective topic.

You can cheat, by playing female UD for their awesome casting, but when you feel like casting like a male for a while, drink a noggenfogger. :3
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.