1. #1

    Fast Answer (Thok Heroic Dk Tank)

    Should i take more mastery or stay with stacking parry.. seem like its hard to heal me Due to spike dmg

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Challenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    516
    Mastery is better IMO before any cages are open but I still prefer avoidance overall.

  3. #3
    as do i .. is why i am stacking parry, but I'm thinking just for this fight i might want to stack more mastery
    just need advice from someone who has done it

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Challenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    516
    Overall the fight is suited towards party, only the start favors mastery did you not get that? The rest of the breaths are magical the first is physical. Use your CDs and external CDs properly

  5. #5
    Just stay with stacked parry. The first phase will never last long enough for you to run out of cds, both personal and external, unless you are solo tanking, which you could do. Just have OT taunt at 3 like reg, and taunt off them at 3. The fight ends if thok gets to 31 stacks anyways.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Overall the fight is suited towards party, only the start favors mastery did you not get that? The rest of the breaths are magical the first is physical. Use your CDs and external CDs properly
    Oh i got it no need to get rude .. thanks for your rude comment that I did GET ..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    Just stay with stacked parry. The first phase will never last long enough for you to run out of cds, both personal and external, unless you are solo tanking, which you could do. Just have OT taunt at 3 like reg, and taunt off them at 3. The fight ends if thok gets to 31 stacks anyways.
    i was solo tanking it but taking spike dmg, with full stacked parry, changed over mastery tho most my gems. but again feels like to much spike even swap lesser gear (to my 4 set). sadly still seems somewhat the same.. its at around 18-24ish i just drop like a truck even few times early (like around 12-15) we talking first phase tho.
    Rotation for my cds are rough.
    Symbo (increase health)
    Hand 8 / Plus 2nd 1 at end of that (roughly12ish)
    IBF 12ish -15ish
    Pain Suppression (when we had a priest) now its shammy so its like open game
    15ish - 18ish Vamp blood
    20ish Iron Bark
    20ish+ Hand.

    I know i'm missing 1 hand cuz i can get total of 4.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Challenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    516
    Im not trying to be rude you just asked the same question twice so I was trying to make myself a little more clear for you.

  8. #8
    That cooldown usage looks fine. I would assume you are using Malk trinket to reduce your cds, which should make some of them be up in time for that OH SHIT portion. I also can't recall the cd on ironbark and whatnot, but maybe using some of the personals earlier would work. I know the 4 set for blood is awesome for this fight paired with malk trinket, 2 free death strikes and some added parry, helps some. Granted the screeches are unavoidable. Do you have rook's trinket? It won't help with the single target tank dmg, but it helps some with the screech. I guess you just need to look at what cooldowns you have available and try to shift some around to manage the damage, OR, you just transition him when you know that oh shit moment is right around the corner because you are out of cds/whatever. I would assume that since you are solo tanking, hitting an enrage or a door you don't want isn't going to be an issue, so maybe transitioning earlier might help. My group hasn't had an issue 2 tanking Thok, so that might be an option as well. As a dk you would be kickin the dps' asses anyways, just not as stressful for you

  9. #9
    Is this 10 or 25man?

    If 25man, i see no reason why you are solo tanking.

    I can see that Army of the dead is not in your cd rotation, you gotta remember that the dmg reduction on army is higher than IBF.

    I usually pop army right after the second stack in phase 1, and due to the high vengeance the army hits like a truck ( jumps me to 600-700k dps).

    Just a tip.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    Rotation for my cds are rough.
    Symbo (increase health)
    Hand 8 / Plus 2nd 1 at end of that (roughly12ish)
    IBF 12ish -15ish
    Pain Suppression (when we had a priest) now its shammy so its like open game
    15ish - 18ish Vamp blood
    20ish Iron Bark
    20ish+ Hand.

    I know i'm missing 1 hand cuz i can get total of 4.
    If you're having trouble staying alive in the later stacks, then why are you using your IBF (the most powerful cooldown available to you) halfway through and saving the less reliable and less powerful CDs for when the boss really starts hurting?

  11. #11
    I used avoidance when I killed him with about 215% mastery buffed.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Powarf View Post
    Is this 10 or 25man?

    If 25man, i see no reason why you are solo tanking.

    I can see that Army of the dead is not in your cd rotation, you gotta remember that the dmg reduction on army is higher than IBF.

    I usually pop army right after the second stack in phase 1, and due to the high vengeance the army hits like a truck ( jumps me to 600-700k dps).

    Just a tip.
    While Armys damage reduction is greater than IBF, I was under the impression that it's because you can't parry/dodge while channeling. So the hits might be reduced, but you're going to take 100% of the hits.

  13. #13
    the high damage reduction for 4 seconds is a lot more meaningful than parry/dodge rng

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the high damage reduction for 4 seconds is a lot more meaningful than parry/dodge rng
    Depends on the situation. It's great for stuff like taking a big, unavoidable hit you know is comming (siegecrafter high stacks of the tank debuff whose name I can't remember, malkorok blood rage solo-soaking), but I'd hesitate to use it on a boss whose "dangerous" aspect is the extreme melee-swing damage. I'd rather get the deathstrike in after a big hit to heal+mitigate than get a string of un-avoided melee hits that damages for half :/.

  15. #15
    Field Marshal Gaiseric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Depends on the situation. It's great for stuff like taking a big, unavoidable hit you know is comming (siegecrafter high stacks of the tank debuff whose name I can't remember, malkorok blood rage solo-soaking), but I'd hesitate to use it on a boss whose "dangerous" aspect is the extreme melee-swing damage. I'd rather get the deathstrike in after a big hit to heal+mitigate than get a string of un-avoided melee hits that damages for half :/.
    Both of you are forgetting Army is an almost worthless damage reduction cooldown on Thok unless there is a devotion aura running.

    my advice, keep your parry heavy build and just use the OP as hell rook's trinket for like the last 10 stacks. assuming you have rook's trinket available.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post
    Both of you are forgetting Army is an almost worthless damage reduction cooldown on Thok unless there is a devotion aura running.

    my advice, keep your parry heavy build and just use the OP as hell rook's trinket for like the last 10 stacks. assuming you have rook's trinket available.
    That is also true. Not that I would use it on Thok, as said, but yea :P. Deffo true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •