Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.0 Datamining has begun

So I have been reading the PTS section of the forums and the TheFrank has been datamining like a beast. From the looks of it we are returning to more Icy type maps and going by IPP Trion is pro at these types of maps with feel.

Wonder if they will give the dragons human forms now that we are on their actual plane? So does this mean 4 expansions each going to a different plane? Life, Death, Earth, Fire, Water, Air?

Also ZERO mention of a new race which fucking blows except Artigarian which does not mean we can actually play that race, but probably some rep we have to grind like Torvan.

Anyway I can just give Trion a $100 bucks to get a new race for myself?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ate-s-pts.html

Wonder which will happen first? ArcheAge alpha or Rift 3.0 public testing?

Link to the site compiling all of this information:

http://riftgrate.com/2014/04/27/3-3g...g-by-tehfrank/

Table of Contents:

3.0 Content Maps
    Goboro Reef Music
    Goboro Reef Infinity Gate Models
    Tarken Glacier Models
    Glacial Maw Models
    Nightmare Rifts/Horror Skins
    Misc. 3.0 Models
    New Mounts and Pet Skins
    New Costume Skins

Well, the Archeage alpha has already started, and you can already buy access to it so....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So I have been reading the PTS section of the forums and the TheFrank has been datamining like a beast. From the looks of it we are returning to more Icy type maps and going by IPP Trion is pro at these types of maps with feel.

Wonder if they will give the dragons human forms now that we are on their actual plane? So does this mean 4 expansions each going to a different plane? Life, Death, Earth, Fire, Water, Air?

Also ZERO mention of a new race which fucking blows except Artigarian which does not mean we can actually play that race, but probably some rep we have to grind like Torvan.

Anyway I can just give Trion a $100 bucks to get a new race for myself?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ate-s-pts.html

Wonder which will happen first? ArcheAge alpha or Rift 3.0 public testing?

Link to the site compiling all of this information:

http://riftgrate.com/2014/04/27/3-3g...g-by-tehfrank/

Archeage is already in Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Archeage is already in Alpha.
    lol caught that after I posted. More then likely meant to type BETA..Like will Rift 3.0 open testing be before June or not.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol caught that after I posted. More then likely meant to type BETA..Like will Rift 3.0 open testing be before June or not.

Ah :P in that case it might be pretty close.

I will hazard a guess that Archeage will come first. While I don't keep up with Trion all that much I don't think they have said anything about a new rift expansion. I would likely bet the expansion will be much later this year or early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Ah :P in that case it might be pretty close.

I will hazard a guess that Archeage will come first. While I don't keep up with Trion all that much I don't think they have said anything about a new rift expansion. I would likely bet the expansion will be much later this year or early next year.
    They have talked about 3.0(Next Expansion) and that it will be this year. An Sept/Oct/Nov launch is pretty likely.

Source:http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4775222

10+ Year Old Account
    I demand new playable race!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I demand new playable race!
    Given Trion's track record, a new playable race would just be the same as the races in game just with slightly different proportions - I want to see a new race that is actually interesting and unique please!

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    Given Trion's track record, a new playable race would just be the same as the races in game just with slightly different proportions - I want to see a new race that is actually interesting and unique please!
    Wouldnt be surprised if a new race was like a reskined white Bahmi copy/paste given trions F2P record. The new skin would probably be in a RNG box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    Yeah I agree, kinda annoying how they all look the same.

New races will probably not happen for some time though it is something they want to do.

Source:http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4743641

That's the most recent I could find where a dev said something. I do recall Daglar saying at one point there are currently no plans to add races. Could not find that though.

If I had to take a shot in the dark I would say 75% of their dev team is devoted to this expansion if not way more. Trion has entered into the Blizzard model of maintaining the current game and expanding it with expansions. Nature of the beast I guess. I am encouraged that they do keep releasing expansion level features with regular patches (dreamweaver profession or 4 new classes) and going into massive droughts of no content then an expansion.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...tate-game.html

^ people who make threads like this clearly do not understand dev cycles. I agree that Rift pvp is not very interesting at all right now. People will bitch to high hell about Arena's in games ruining class balance but rape a game in the reviews for not having competitive pvp.

I am slightly pissed about the lack of additional classes to play. They could easily make money off of me with a race change card. Also anyone bitching about Trions release for any content even recycled I refer you to

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-expansions

If I had to take a shot in the dark I would say 75% of their dev team is devoted to this expansion if not way more. Trion has entered into the Blizzard model of maintaining the current game and expanding it with expansions.
    Erm, what? They're still actively working on content for the live client, something Blizzard hasn't done for nearly 9 months for WoW now. If anything, they're still on the path they were on for classic, where the final few updates were definitely less substantial than earlier ones, but still provided some cool stuff in the months before the expansion comes out.

We have no clue when 3.0 is dropping, nor the length of time between the final content/feature patch and the expansion. At most, they'd hit 7 months assuming 3.0 releases this year (since 2.7 is releasing in a few weeks supposedly), but I'd be very surprised if it was even that long.

are the 2.7 souls avilable to those that bought the expension or u need to buy them ?
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Erm, what? They're still actively working on content for the live client, something Blizzard hasn't done for nearly 9 months for WoW now. If anything, they're still on the path they were on for classic, where the final few updates were definitely less substantial than earlier ones, but still provided some cool stuff in the months before the expansion comes out.

We have no clue when 3.0 is dropping, nor the length of time between the final content/feature patch and the expansion. At most, they'd hit 7 months assuming 3.0 releases this year (since 2.7 is releasing in a few weeks supposedly), but I'd be very surprised if it was even that long.
    If you call recycled HK and GSB new content that maybe less then 5% of the games population can run content then I am not sure what to tell you. Right now they are just trying to keep the game somewhat fresh while their main focus is 3.0 which is understandable. You can blame it on the industry to be honest. The content release pace is better then Blizzard without a doubt and Trion does not wait to release content the players want that would normally be rolled into an expansion pack. I gave them that much credit in the post.

A content patch gets maybe 1-3 days worth of attention on the MMO news sites. An expansions gets maybe 2-3 months worth of exposure if not way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    are the 2.7 souls avilable to those that bought the expension or u need to buy them ?
    Last I saw you need to buy them.

If you call recycled HK and GSB new content then I am not sure what to tell you. Right now they are just trying to keep the game somewhat fresh while their main focus is 3.0 which is understandable. You can blame it on the industry to be honest. The content release pace is better then Blizzard without a doubt and Trion does not wait to release content the players want that would normally be rolled into an expansion pack. I gave them that much credit in the post.

A content patch gets maybe 1-3 days worth of attention on the MMO news sites. An expansions gets maybe 2-3 months worth of exposure if not way more.

Last I saw you need to buy them.
    Completely redesigned bosses is recycled content? Not to mention we got Dreamweaving, Unstable Artifacts, Bounty System, Air Saga and several other improvements with 2.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://riftgrate.com/pts-live-comparison/
    Runic Athenaeum:
    Soul Quests. Runic Athenaeum now has as series of quests about the heroes that our souls are related to starting at Level 15 and rising in level. Very short, simple quests like reading a book, killing a mob or closing a rift.
    Further Lore Quests. There’s a few lore quests touching on the Planes, hybrids and other rather interesting pieces of historical information.
    Hero’s Unrest Rifts. New Rifts relating to the Heroes of the past. One per Plane.
    3.0 Souls - Liberator, Physician, Arbiter and Oracle. These are up for fully open testing to the public on 17th March 2014.
    Bindings of Blood (Tier 3 Raids).
    BoB: Greenscale and BoB: Akylios are already up on Live server. The last two will come out in the Patch 2.7 Release Cycle.

Bindings of Laethys.
    Bindings of Maelforge.
    Class-related:
    Cleric Justicar Changes. Changes to threat-gen.
    Cleric Oracle Changes. Large changes to Oracle. New abilities/Talents.
    Cleric Cabalist soul revamp. Quality-of-Life improvements; skills changing/being removed/added.
    Warrior Liberator Changes.Warrior’s 2.7 soul changes.
    Rogue Physician Changes. Rogue’s 2.7 soul changes.
    In Addition to new souls, which is hardly "just maintaining" we are getting new quests with a bunch of lore and new Rifts. Not mentioned there but I have read about are also the Crafting UI Improvements.

There is also at least 2.8 coming before 3.0 and we have little to no idea what that is bringing.

A redesign isn't new content, so while admirable, it's still existing content that is being used. Or re-used as the case may be.

New content, is well, new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Completely redesigned bosses is recycled content? Not to mention we got Dreamweaving, Unstable Artifacts, Bounty System, Air Saga and several other improvements with 2.6.

There is also at least 2.8 coming before 3.0 and we have little to no idea what that is bringing.
    1. Dreamweaving - I gave them credit for expansion level features as content
    2. Unstable Artifacts....right umm k
    3. Bounty System - Biggest fucking grind in MMO history and comparable to grinding Fenris gear in Aion 1.0. The bounty artifacts are so rare they sell for 8,000 plat
    4. Air Saga <-- took roughly 1 hour to finish

I also did give them credit for the new classes, but I am also stating a fact. A majority of their dev team is devoted to expansion level content. When your devs are so arrogant that they will not make tier 1 raid content pug friendly when we are on basically tier 3 raiding you have the real issue. Who do you know that pug EE or FT without first asking for Rapid Assault achievements.

Most guilds are just now making it to Grim Awakening and are getting destroyed. The hit, rune, dps requirements are just ridiculous. It is next to impossible for multiple guilds to fill these roles when you lose people to boredom.

Blizzard does do ONE thing correctly and that is nerf the ever loving shit out of prior raid content so that people can move into the new content. That has been consistent and Trion needs to learn how to do this. Trion adopted some raid philosophy around Infernal Dawn that effectively excluded a majority of their player base to appease a small minority who are raid testers.

1. Dreamweaving - I gave them credit for expansion level features as content
    2. Unstable Artifacts....right umm k
    3. Bounty System - Biggest fucking grind in MMO history and comparable to grinding Fenris gear in Aion 1.0. The bounty artifacts are so rare they sell for 8,000 plat
    4. Air Saga <-- took roughly 1 hour to finish
    1. you give them credit for it, then turn around and complain we get nothing
    2. Just because it is not something you consider content does not mean it is not another activity in game that took dev time that lots of people participate in.
    3. See 2.
    4. Still content, that was made while not working on the expansion.

T1 content IS pretty PuG friendly. I see PuGs for it all the time, completing all but Reggie..some even doing that. Getting in those PuGs may be a little hard, but here's a tip. When they ask you to link achievement, just link it. Completed or not. It looks the same in chat and they probably won't check. If you researched the fights ahead of time, you should be able to fudge it.

As for T2, I see no problem with tiers beyond the first needing a guild. No problem at all. Why people insist on basically playing solo in a MMO is beyond me, but that's what PuGing is, playing solo.

The Hit requirement is not bad. It requires you to have near a full set of T1 gear. That's fair.
    There is no rune requirement. Even if there were, putting runes on your gear is not that big a deal. It's not like you need relic runes.
    DPS requirements, if you meet the hit requirements and can play your class are easily met.

One of the reasons I quit WoW is because of the fact they nerfed content. I play fairly casually and with others who play casually. We do not have the time to clear the content super fast or get geared out of it super fast. By the time I hit the next tier it's nerfed and I do not get to play it at the same level as those that already cleared it. I want that same level of challenge, not some easy mode version.

Also, seriously, nearly every thing you complain about in Rift you claim Blizz did right in WoW. Please remind me why you don't just go play WoW if it does everything right and Rift does everything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post

As for T2, I see no problem with tiers beyond the first needing a guild. No problem at all. Why people insist on basically playing solo in a MMO is beyond me, but that's what PuGing is, playing solo.

The Hit requirement is not bad. It requires you to have near a full set of T1 gear. That's fair.
    There is no rune requirement. Even if there were, putting runes on your gear is not that big a deal. It's not like you need relic runes.
    DPS requirements, if you meet the hit requirements and can play your class are easily met.
    I do not believe runes and essences should be behind some kind of wall. We asked them to make rifts more important and they turned them into a huge grind making this the most alt unfriendly game I have ever played in my life.

Everything you said is cute if you do not ever roll an alt. I am not sure what guild you are in but 500 hit is required for tier 2, best enchants, and best essences are required if you expect to raid. Trion is just knee capping themselves not nerfing old raids.

I mean we are on tier 3 raid content and tier 1 raiding has not gotten a nerf since what 4 months ago???