Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Then you get a job and realise unless you are self employed you are talking a load of bollocks.
    I see you never had a job.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did you even read what he posted? His team members weren't poor, they were absent. His grade was not adjusted. Yours was. Derp.
    Yes, my grade was adjusted by having the initiative to increase my personal workload to account for being the only functional member of the group, and sever my ties with those that were holding me back with clear evidence that I was making an effort to incorporate them but was unsuccessful due to their apathy. It's almost like teachers will generally respond well if you can clearly demonstrate, with proof, that select individuals are not pulling their weight before the assignment is due.

But no, I should have just stood back and let the world crash around me because god forbid I go out of my comfort zone to fix a problem before a few hours before it was due. Because in real life, we never, ever get assigned to work with people who don't pull their own weight, and so it's fine to just stomp our feet and scream not fair. Derp.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-04-30 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to life. Shoulda picked up the slack for your partners and/or talked to your professor sooner. Hell, it's a good life lesson. In a real world environment, you will run into plenty of cases where there are people you work with that don't carry their load and you get blamed for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes, my grade was adjusted by having the initiative to increase my personal workload to account for being the only functional member of the group, and sever my ties with those that were holding me back with clear evidence that I was making an effort to incorporate them but was unsuccessful due to their apathy. It's almost like teachers will generally respond well if you can clearly demonstrate, with proof, that select individuals are not pulling their weight before the assignment is due.

But no, I should have just stood back and let the world crash around me because god forbid I go out of my comfort zone to fix a problem before a few hours before it was due. Because in real life, we never, ever get assigned to work with people who don't pull their own weight, and so it's fine to just stomp our feet and scream not fair. Derp.
    Thank God you've long arms! Otherwise you couldn't pat that back!

OT: No round up system in your college?

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    If 4/5 is 90% of your group, you should probably retake a math class, too.

Honestly though, if 3 people dropped the class that late that you couldn't talk to your prof and work something out, that's kinda fucked.. what school do you go to in Toronto? If it's the same one I went to, I can PM you some info on who you can talk to in a few of the departments.
    LOL

OP you are learning a shitty, but very important life lesson. While hearing something like that doesn't make you feel any better and to some degree might piss you off. Something like this happening will prepare you for dealing with shitheads in the workforce who leach off of others. Best of luck to you whatever ends up happening.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."