Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lets talk about.. Kids

I'd like to open the floor here, so lets have a discussion about kids, children and rugrats (the real thing not the cartoon series).

As an uncle whos often stuck in situations where I'm asked to babysit or help babysit my two nephews, over the last 4 years I've developed my own first hand experience of kids, the things they do, and my own opinion. And from my experience, I can honestly say i'm glad i'm never going to have kids myself.

While I love them, since there family, and in any situation where i'd be expected to comfort or look after them I'm fine with. But.. to put it how Louis CK said it:

Kids are boring, annoying, smelly (sour milk smell most of them) and above all they suck all the energy from you physically and emotionally. My youngest nephew is a screamer who demands everything given to him and if he can't get his way, will stand or fall down and wail like a banshee. The older one will throw anything thats a projectile at me or his parents or grandmother, because its fun.

(I know its a stand up and not exactly serious, but I can relate to much of what he says, since I go though it every week with my nephews)

So anyway, I love my nephews.. but kids suck, and if I could hire a Portuguese maid to look after them while they stay with me, that would be amazing.

So come on, whats your stories of our undeveloped, lizard brained youths?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Sounds like the kids have bad parents... I babysit my cousins a lot and true, they drain a lot of energy and they constantly need attention but they're not rude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Here's my opinion: I love mine. I hate other people's.
    I think most kids are great. It's those cynical 14-year olds that makes me want to hang myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're being a tad over-dramatic in your post, but whatever.
    Well I put it in context to how my older cousin would put it, she, unlike her sister, would never have kids either, because while you can love your family, kids are a species separate from adults, much like animals are separate from people, so you need to be a certain someone to look after kids, and enjoy it, just like animal lovers are.

You can observe the two infact. I was having a conversation with my mother and sister in law the other day, and my older nephew was jumping up and down yelling "LISTEN TO ME, LISTEN TO ME I'M TALKING, LISTEN TO ME!"
    And today, I was talking to my brother who came over for a visit, and my cat sat in the hall meowing none stop for attention, even though she was already fed and pampered earlier.

Difference is, at least cats don't throw stuff.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2014-04-29 at 01:01 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I like kids, they're better than most adults and more fun to talk to especially if raised by sane parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Deleted
    Hate kids, prefer animals. And babies are ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollskalden View Post
    Sounds like the kids have bad parents... I babysit my cousins a lot and true, they drain a lot of energy and they constantly need attention but they're not rude.
    These...

IMO is mostly how they are educated, i have a friend that had to deal with 2 really annoying kids, but if his parents weren't going to educate him, they would have to be educated at least while they are with him and it worked, they love him and all but they are very educated with him, maybe you should try pushing them a little

Deleted
    I'd never be mean to a child that wasn't mine, but I'm generally just annoyed by other people's kids.
    Obviously not mean, but sometimes it's hard to deal with teenagers with o so low confidence, yet so overconfident about how the world works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    These...

IMO is mostly how they are educated, i have a friend that had to deal with 2 really annoying kids, but if his parents weren't going to educate him, they would have to be educated at least while they are with him and it worked, they love him and all but they are very educated with him, maybe you should try pushing them a little
    Actually I've often thought my brother and sister in law are pushovers with there kids. I think its because my brother is trying to overcompensate because our father was a drunk who never played or did anything with us, so he's not trying to be hands on and soft touch with them both.
    Not that its ever my place to tell anyone who to raise there kids, even my own brother, but they do walk all over him.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kids are fine. It is the parents who are the issue. Raised 3 kids to adulthood. So my experience is not that of a newbie. Baby sit my gran kids on occasion and in spite of the smelly diaper changes, gladly would do it again.

I'm lucky to have my sisters, while still young both off them, they are great. And inn general I enjoy spending time with them

Whats more to say than that?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I love mine. I hate other people's.
    This. After having a child of my own I thought it would increase my sympathy towards other parents, but nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    This. After having a child of my own I thought it would increase my sympathy towards other parents, but nope.
    maybe thats the issue I got, even them being my own nephews, there not my kids, I just look after them once a week.

Still, I'd rather be someone who knows he doesn't want to raise kids and not raise any, then be someone who had kids and gives them a miserable life, like you sometimes hear of stories of child neglect.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Ever since High school I find little kids weird. I just can't be with them (but they really want to hang out with me, since I play games, and have all those fantasy books) But they just seem really pushy

10+ Year Old Account
    With the seemingly random crying/screaming combined with the awful smells, and complete lack of reason I just can't stand them, that's not even mentioning how they look, and their obliviousness of their surroundings

and how some people act when they're around children is so /facepalm worthy I run the risk of putting my palm through my face whenever I get near them
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Ever since High school I find little kids weird. I just can't be with them (but they really want to hang out with me, since I play games, and have all those fantasy books) But they just seem really pushy
    They are, and if you have an ipad, kindle or phone, keep it away from them, its a big'ol juicy toy to them.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    and how some people act when they're around children is so /facepalm worthy I run the risk of putting my palm through my face whenever I get near them
    As george carlin said it:

#boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Hate kids, prefer animals. And babies are ugly.
    Oh my, i hate babies, i hate their smell, and i find them repulsive. I wish kids were born at least 4 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your nephews sound young. Most kids can be lil shits at that age. I'd still rather be in an empty room with a teething 2 year old than a teenager, though.
    heres the thing though, as I've experienced, having just one of my nephews over, thats fine, its actually manageable just having one of them.
    When its both of them... then its a nightmare, because a 2 and 4 year old play off one another, fights, screaming, hitting, lizard brain overload, and having to keep watch on both of them same time, thats when your trying to balance plates in a mine field.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Oh my, i hate babies, i hate their smell, and i find them repulsive. I wish kids were born at least 4 years old.
    nononono, if you hate babys, 4 year olds won't be any better, trust me.
    #boycottchina