Poll: Should I take the test?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm on pre-exam break atm so I have time to actually "revise" for the test using some online resources as well.
    Eh? Have you never taken an IQ test before? Honestly the only thing you could do to revise is read a dictionary which is not an effective way of retaining knowledge anyways.

Only question you can really struggle with are ones where they use strange words. Had one of those X is to Y as A is to blank questions where the things used for comparisons were words I had simply never seen before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    What's the point in joining MENSA?
    Do you know how they call scam that idiots fell for where they call you genius? Mensa!
    You have failed one of the most obvious scams in the world, if you take mensa test, you already failed at being smart, that's the TRUE mensa test.
    I took that web test that showed that i should too go for mensa shit, because i didn't know what was it and got bored, then it asked me for subscription. So you want my brain and you want me to pay you? Hahahaha, go scam some other idiots.
    I get web tests around 150-160 and real test with real psychologist 142. So fuck this shit, you just got scammed bro! If you paid just go with it. I got my test for free because it was some school what occupation i'm best at kind of test to see if you've got brain power to whatever you want to study. Look on face of psychologist when i said i want to work in IT her looks were like really you want to waste in on that? She obviously knew i was taking the test to shove it on my classmate faces and laugh how fukken stupid they are compared to me.
    Well someone's got to be rude, arrogant and narcissistic and that would be me!
    Last edited by mmocda5509483c; 2014-04-29 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Do you know how they call scam that idiots fell for where they call you genius? Mensa!
    You have failed one of the most obvious scams in the world, if you take mensa test, you already failed at being smart, that's the TRUE mensa test.
    I took that web test that showed that i should too go for mensa shit, because i didn't know what was it and got bored, then it asked me for subscription. So you want my brain and you want me to pay you? Hahahaha, go scam some other idiots.
    Oh bore off. You're just jealous because a club doesn't want to let you in 'cause you're dumb. Lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Asia Carrera played an important part in my youth. She is a member of MENSA.
    giggity

ok guys I'm now going to have to do some.. research
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-04-29 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Oh bore off. You're just jealous because a club doesn't want to let you in 'cause you're dumb. Lol
    Edited in some more details for your reading pleasure. No they wanted me in, i'm not that stupid to step DOWN to their level.

"I want to join mena cuz i r smart yolo swag lol" Your smartness is still without a job and you're playing video games along with discussing it on a mmo forum. You failed already, don't bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    "I want to join mena cuz i r smart yolo swag lol" Your smartness is still without a job and you're playing video games along with discussing it on a mmo forum. You failed already, don't bother.
    Exactly.
    Have to agree with this guy.

OP ask yourself this: Who's better person? One who have brain power to do great things in science (according to test) or one who does not give a shit about IQ test and do science instead. (Tesla)

You´ve come to the right place, everyone on mmo-c has an iq of 130+.

Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences

MENSA test 1 type of IQ, the human mind has far more...
    I think Stephen Hawking said "When asked what his IQ was, Stephen Hawking said "I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers"

So IMHO its utterly useless to take a IQ test, sure u might score 140+, but you would still be lacking tests in like 7-8 other intelligences...
    And those cant be tested proberly using any online test, you have to put people in weird situations they never have been in before etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You´ve come to the right place, everyone on mmo-c has an iq of 130+.
    MMO-C is better than mensa, people here are capable of creating email address, passing captcha, creating forum account and are able to play games/search web/post on forums. That skill set is way better than those idiots in mensa have. You already are a VIP member.

I post a lot because i'm at work and i'm bored as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences

MENSA test 1 type of IQ, the human mind has far more...
    I think Stephen Hawking said "When asked what his IQ was, Stephen Hawking said "I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers"

So IMHO its utterly useless to take a IQ test, sure u might score 140+, but you would still be lacking tests in like 7-8 other intelligences...
    And those cant be tested proberly using any online test, you have to put people in weird situations they never have been in before etc...
    That's why we have psychologists with stopwatches that give you lot of different types of IQ tests that are timed, and not that online crap.

It's like Samsung benchmark boost. They boost their clock speeds and disable power saving when they detect benchmark, and in real world they are useless crap bricks with tons of bloatware, shitty battery life, apple knock off accessories, not following standards, having sub pair manufacture quality, poor assembly and are generally worthless without flashing in different rom.

All in all test have nothing to do with what you can do in real life.

Take me as example: online IQ 150-160, real test (multiple categories, time limited) 142.
    I'm lazy good for nothing rude troll who rather take easy less paid job than to use his brain power to help mankind in field of science. Generally hated online and banned frequently. Is that what you're trying to prove? My brain is most active only when he have task of figuring out how to get out of work or how to avoid work or worst case scenario how to do it quickest way so i can continue slacking some more.
    Last edited by mmocda5509483c; 2014-04-29 at 12:56 PM.

Those IQ test are not relevant either... Read Howard Gardner's opinion about this subject.
    ITS actually quite extensive testing. Not something a Psychologists can do with a stopwatch
    I do suppose its better then these online tests though...
    They are more like a "WHAT-WORK-SHOULD-YOU-DO-TESTS".

IQ test scores are about as important as a garden snail eating your needless weeds.

- - - Updated - - -

IQ test do not accurately measure intelligence, IQ test don't measure how rational a person is, or how logical a person is. They don't measure for common sense, you can end up with a high IQ person who seems dumb quite easily. IQ test are quite culture based, and on top of this do not test for other types of intelligence.

Wait I don't get it people pay to take a test to join a club named "stupid woman"?

Yuuup, it's MENSA, man.

You can do the exact same thing at a 7-11 -and- enjoy burritos while you talk to people about stuff.

Honestly it's just another feather in the cap.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Well its a chance to socialize with people who are not intellelectually inferior. Everything Ive heard about MENSA and its members has been posetive, they are apparently some of the least pretentious individuals one could meet... and its also not uncommon that they are very accomplished(in our country at least).

Here is one good article
    http://www.metro.se/kolumner/fordoma...Um1H2Yl1uLVPw/

A retard, is generally defined as a person who got an IQ of 70 or lower. A highly gifted person is often defined as someone who has an IQ of +131. As you can notice the differences is the same, a normal person is thus a retard for a highly gifted person.

Forcing highly gifted children to go in school with normal kids is one of the great injustices we do these children. Just as we got special need classes for retards we should have special need classes for highly gifted kids if they want to.

Does it sound elitist? Sure, but its really unfair to have them in normal classes where they are not stimulated enough.

Not hating on retards btw.
    This whole post was amazing. Thinking of printing it out for posterity. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Well its a chance to socialize with people who are not intellelectually inferior. Everything Ive heard about MENSA and its members has been posetive, they are apparently some of the least pretentious individuals one could meet... and its also not uncommon that they are very accomplished(in our country at least).

Here is one good article
    http://www.metro.se/kolumner/fordoma...Um1H2Yl1uLVPw/

A retard, is generally defined as a person who got an IQ of 70 or lower. A highly gifted person is often defined as someone who has an IQ of +131. As you can notice the differences is the same, a normal person is thus a retard for a highly gifted person.

Forcing highly gifted children to go in school with normal kids is one of the great injustices we do these children. Just as we got special need classes for retards we should have special need classes for highly gifted kids if they want to.

Does it sound elitist? Sure, but its really unfair to have them in normal classes where they are not stimulated enough.

Not hating on retards btw.
    Highly gifted and high iq do not always go hand in hand just how high iq and high intelligence doesn't go hand in hand. A high iq is more like a "probability" gauge than it is an actual measure, since it's not something that can actually be measured. There are people with average iqs who are smarter than those with high iqs, remember iq test aren't exactly and end all be all, nor do they accurately measure other types of intelligence. A person with a low iq may excel at something else that the person with the high iq does not, again there are other types of intelligence that these type of test do not also test for. To compare an average iq to a 130 iq and call the formers retards in comparison is terribly foolish and short sighted.

It is elitist sounding, and what's worse is that the entirety of this subject isn't being considered at all.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: A bunch of people who couldn't get into MENSA hating on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    ITT: A bunch of people who couldn't get into MENSA hating on it.
    IQ test aren't infallible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not do it if you have already paid for it? You have nothing to lose.

IQs are good for researchers to build a database and build conclusions from there. (such as coorelation between achievement, type of achievement, mental disorders,etc...)

IQs are pretty much useless on an individual scale to measure intelligence.