Split Bounty noob questions

Hey guys,

Wanting to get into split bounties, but i hate doing things that I dont understand because I dont want to waste others' time. So I thought I'd ask this awesome community for a little guidance before jumping in. A few questions:

1. I know that difficulty increases for the same difficulty level when in groups. But do the players have to be together for this to occur? So for example, if I can do Torment 1 solo effectively right now (but not torment 2), will i be able to do torment 1 split bounties? Or will torment 1 be harder in a group, even if not playing together?

2. Once the quests are complete, and the bounty received, how do you "reset it" so that we could keep doing the same act over and over? If you leave game, will the group still be together when you come back?

Again, sorry for the noob questions...just want to understand before giving it a try. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Hey guys,

Wanting to get into split bounties, but i hate doing things that I dont understand because I dont want to waste others' time. So I thought I'd ask this awesome community for a little guidance before jumping in. A few questions:

1. I know that difficulty increases for the same difficulty level when in groups. But do the players have to be together for this to occur? So for example, if I can do Torment 1 solo effectively right now (but not torment 2), will i be able to do torment 1 split bounties? Or will torment 1 be harder in a group, even if not playing together?

2. Once the quests are complete, and the bounty received, how do you "reset it" so that we could keep doing the same act over and over? If you leave game, will the group still be together when you come back?

Again, sorry for the noob questions...just want to understand before giving it a try. Thanks guys!
    1. Yes. As soon as a player joins the game the HP and damage scales. Doesn't matter if they are with you or not.

2. To reset everyone just leaves game but not group and the leader starts it up again. This only works if you get invited to a game. If you just join a public game when you leave, you leave group. Do a search for communities that are split farming and then ask in the chat channel.

Depending on what you're looking for though I'd recommend running normal. For example if you're looking for RoRG and/or gloves of worship doing them on normal will be tons faster. This may change once the next patch goes live where they are saying higher levels of difficulty will up cache rewards.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    I am doing split farm on normal act one, because bags that you get can give torment legendaries, that will change next patch tho.
    once the quests are completed all logout to menu and start it again.
    have fun

Thanks. answered my questions perfectly. I am looking for RoRG, so sounds like normal Act 1 will be the way to go. Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Thanks. answered my questions perfectly. I am looking for RoRG, so sounds like normal Act 1 will be the way to go. Thanks again guys!
    Yes it is and I wish you luck. Have yet to find mine but I'm nowhere near as many bounties as others. Probably at like 50-75.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yes it is and I wish you luck. Have yet to find mine but I'm nowhere near as many bounties as others. Probably at like 50-75.
    Got mine at 93 caches, keep at it!

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    1. Yes. As soon as a player joins the game the HP and damage scales. Doesn't matter if they are with you or not.
    You sure that the damage scales? I know they removed it, because at higher level difficulties ppl would get owned hard, so they only left the HP scale. Could be wrong and they changed it so dmg scales again, just would like to be sure.

Also, if you are doing split farm for bags, dont do it on torment 1, imo its best done on normal, if yu want to do it as fast as possible. Since rewards are equal, doesnt matter what difficulty level the bag was obtained.

Only HP scales not damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dmg scales aswell, I eat torment 1 arcane beams for breakfast but melt in torment 3 beams, so dmg does scale. Either that or my game just works different =P.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGideon View Post
    I am doing split farm on normal act one, because bags that you get can give torment legendaries, that will change next patch tho.
    once the quests are completed all logout to menu and start it again.
    have fun
    I believe you have that backwards. Bags currently do not give torment legendaries but they will in the next patch.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Only HP scales not damage.
    Damage does scale.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guid...ame-difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Dmg scales aswell, I eat torment 1 arcane beams for breakfast but melt in torment 3 beams, so dmg does scale. Either that or my game just works different =P.
    They are talking about dmg scaling as more people join a game, not upping the difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    They are talking about dmg scaling as more people join a game, not upping the difficulty.

Ah, yeah for party size it's only health I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Ah as usual I got the cat by the tail.... Ill go back to my corner now!

Edit.

Before I do though, what is Split bounty? And RoRG? Soz for the noob questions.
    Last edited by GoKs; 2014-04-30 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added Question

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Ah as usual I got the cat by the tail.... Ill go back to my corner now!

Edit.

Before I do though, what is Split bounty? And RoRG? Soz for the noob questions.
    Split bounty is having a full group farming bounties. instead of everyone working on the same bounty they split and each do a different one. makes it much faster to farm it.

RoRG is a ring from the act 1 bounty cache it lowers the set piece requirement by 1 though you still need at least 2 pieces to get a 2 set bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...2002?page=3#45

There is the list what items can drop from which bags. Just as a guide what items you might want, so you know what act to farm.
    Maybe there is a another page with this, but i use this one. :P

Edit: Its actually a list of what Kadala can not give with gamble, but still it lists bags only items quite clearly.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-04-30 at 07:00 PM.

I got my RoRG after 2 A1 bounty runs. I played the lottery that night thinking I was on a hot streak.....that was a bad idea.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    I got my RoRG after 2 A1 bounty runs. I played the lottery that night thinking I was on a hot streak.....that was a bad idea.
    it is rare to win the lottery twice in one day :P
    Took me about 370 A1 cache's before i got one ring. Several troll-maces, bracers etc though... both with the most horrible stat rolls.
    At least ring was somewhat above average in terms of what stats it got (int, vit, ias, and something crappy i rerolled to chd), but i'm waiting until the changes to bounty runs comes in next patch before attempting to find another.
    Normal split runs is ... let's face it... horribly boring.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?