Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Star Wars: Episode VII cast revealed

http://polygon.com/2014/4/29/5665200...-luke-leia-han

Sorry, I can't post links yet. But...

Who's excited?!

Fixed the link
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2014-04-29 at 06:14 PM.

Not really yet. None of the named cast members are a surprise, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2-D2, C3PO, these are all the original actors. The other announced cast members don't have roles yet so, IMO at least, not much to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Not really yet. None of the named cast members are a surprise, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2-D2, C3PO, these are all the original actors. The other announced cast members don't have roles yet so, IMO at least, not much to get excited about.
    Well I expected Luke, Leia and Han to make a return but I'm surprised by the rest. I haven't been following it too closely so any news that pops up like this really gets my attention and gets me interested.
    Last edited by uyMammoth; 2014-04-29 at 06:06 PM.

I'm curious about Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow, especially Sydow. He's a legend in his own right.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Yay for Mayhew's knees being up to snuff for Chewie again. I know this is what he's worked towards!

Not too excited about anything involving J.J. Abrams. I'm sure the new star wars movies will have lots of neat explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Not too excited about anything involving J.J. Abrams. I'm sure the new star wars movies will have lots of neat explosions.
    same here, wasn't thrilled by his new star trek movies

Still, he can't do any worse than the prequels

Can't really speculate much, the EU is non-cannon so assuming Daisy Ridley is gonna play Jaina for example is just pointless. And there isn't really anything else to speculate about, no plot or anything. Beside the original cast I don't know any of the new faces either.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

I'm in the same boat as you on that. Abrams hasn't really impressed me with much but the prequels were... well, for lack of a better word, awful. So I don't think the upcoming trilogy could be that bad and I just have so much optimism for this, probably an unhealthy / setting myself up for disappointment amount of optimism but I can't help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go with the Prequel stuff. Oh boy....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Beside the original cast I don't know any of the new faces either.
    Me either but doing some research now and it seems quite promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

PLEASE don't tempt fate =( he may take it as a personal challenge.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Don't forget that Laurence Kasdan there too. He's the one who did The Empire Strikes Back, probably the best movie in the original trilogy, and maybe even the whole franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

They say that Han Solo will have a "gigantic role" in the first movie. I wouldn't be surprised if he dies.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2014-04-30 at 01:49 AM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they dont fuck the legacy up
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    the boyfriend from girls is the villain who is "darth vader like" so hes probably a sith
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Damn. This is really happening.

The fact that there will be some point in the somewhat near future that I will be sitting in a theater watching a new Star Wars movie on the big screen, with most of the original cast, is something I never thought I'd ever get to say. The dream.

The people involved with this are level-headed individuals, certainly not only on the actor part, but also the writers, music writers, etc. It'll certainly be way better than the prequels, and while I'm still not expecting anything to the level of the originals it really does have potential to be something enjoyable regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see what Adam Driver brings, hated him in Girls, so if he plays the villain, I know he'll be perfect for it, because i won't be able to stand him, especially if they make him a dick to everyone. Also time to get started. Expect teaser with The Hobbit part 3.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2014-04-30 at 06:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The question is, will Samuel L. Jackson be in it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I'm curious about Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow, especially Sydow. He's a legend in his own right.
    Yeah, I'm wondering what CGI-model creature they'll have that warrants Andy Serkis.

Surely Max Von Sydow will be playing a dark Jedi. Because otherwise, awesome opportunity missed.

But no, not really. When I was a kid this would've been the most incredible news ever. But now that I'm a cynical adult that's endured the re-releases and the prequels (and the last 20 years or so of cinema, reviving and rebooting old franchises and accomplishing little other than ruining them) I know there's about a 0.00001% chance this will not suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.