Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Not really all its really going to end up meaning is the difference between heirlooms and no heirlooms will be even bigger. Dmg will still be stupid.
    Not sure how you came to this conclusion. Lower gear will do less damage then higher gear which is how it should be.

Currently some attacks do crazy amounts of damage because of how the scale with the base damage. For example I was leveling my full heirloom disc priest and still getting 2 shot in the 70-80 range by hunters Aimed shot then kill shot and I was dead.

They have announced ilvl's being scaled up to a minimum but I don't know if this will include lower level BG's or not. The range of ilvls in low level BG's is huge being low ilvl means less health less damage and problems all around. Are you asking blizzard to make low ilvl gear comparable to higher ilvl/heirloom gear? I don't know about you but I believe Better gear should be better.

Hopefully ilvls will scale up in low level BG's so while it wont be the best you can still stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Not sure how you came to this conclusion. Lower gear will do less damage then higher gear which is how it should be.
    Right but with no base dmg/healing that means that everything is more gear dependent for dmg/healing. Which means if you don't have enchanted heirlooms you'll be way behind like now but worse because you have no base to fall back on to give you something. So the rich stay rich and the poor get poorer.
    Currently some attacks do crazy amounts of damage because of how the scale with the base damage. For example I was leveling my full heirloom disc priest and still getting 2 shot in the 70-80 range by hunters Aimed shot then kill shot and I was dead.
    That isn't base base dmg causing that lol.

Right but with no base dmg/healing that means that everything is more gear dependent for dmg/healing. Which means if you don't have enchanted heirlooms you'll be way behind like now but worse because you have no base to fall back on to give you something. So the rich stay rich and the poor get poorer.
    So.. You have issues with Good gear being > then bad gear... Maybe like I mentioned they will scale low ilvl gear up but good gear enchanted should always be better than bad unenchanted gear. Its not up to blizzard to gear your toons for you.

So.. You have issues with Good gear being > then bad gear... Maybe like I mentioned they will scale low ilvl gear up but good gear enchanted should always be better than bad unenchanted gear. Its not up to blizzard to gear your toons for you.
    Me no I don't have a issue with it but I bet their new players do.

Isnt only about gear, abilities have an absurd base damage / healing at lower levels. Caster can one-two shot people and healers can heal from 0 to 100 with just one hot or a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Isnt only about gear, abilities have an absurd base damage / healing at lower levels. Caster can one-two shot people and healers can heal from 0 to 100 with just one hot or a shield.
    Thats not just healers that any healing hybrid spec.

Elemental shamans are too powerful in the 10-20 bracket, it's hilarious how overpowered they are. Rogues really strong too when you have full heirlooms with dual mongoose enchants, they do ridiculous damage and their dodge is so high that they can barely be hit and then they have evasion. Hunters ridiculous at that bracket too due to already having a slow. It balances out as the levels go up though and while the low level balancing (and the spells they decide to give to certain classes which often results in this issue) is completely screwed, Blizzard has always maintained they dont give a shit.

Heirlooms though can't be helped, Blizzard would have to disable them for battlegrounds for it to be in anyway fair to new players. Heirloom characters are so ridiculously overpowered for their level in comparison to a player who is leveling up without them, but it does balance out a bit at higher levels, especially if you do dungeons and get the drops + lootbag.

The way it is now, if you want to do well in low level BG's you better have a full set of heirlooms with the right enchants, that means mixing and matching enchants from different expansions. For example, the level 90 crit enchant on cloak scales down to +7 crit, but there is an enchant I've seen a few rogues with that gives +8 Agility and +8 dodge at the same level. Which is obviously a big difference. Same situation with shoulder enchant, the level70 gladiator pvp enchant (only costs like 170 honor) is superior to the lvl90 enchant.

It's a little bit of effort but really it's not an expensive set of enchants that you need, it's really easy to get your heirlooms up to scratch, if you're a new player you're quite honestly just screwed, it is a shame but oh well.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-05-03 at 12:50 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are greatly over-estimating the number of people who pvp let alone pvp at low levels
    An example of the perfectly circular logic used by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Elemental shamans are too powerful in the 10-20 bracket, it's hilarious how overpowered they are. Rogues really strong too when you have full heirlooms with dual mongoose enchants, they do ridiculous damage and their dodge is so high that they can barely be hit and then they have evasion. Hunters ridiculous at that bracket too due to already having a slow. It balances out as the levels go up though and while the low level balancing (and the spells they decide to give to certain classes which often results in this issue) is completely screwed, Blizzard has always maintained they dont give a shit.

Heirlooms though can't be helped, Blizzard would have to disable them for battlegrounds for it to be in anyway fair to new players. Heirloom characters are so ridiculously overpowered for their level in comparison to a player who is leveling up without them, but it does balance out a bit at higher levels, especially if you do dungeons and get the drops + lootbag.

The way it is now, if you want to do well in low level BG's you better have a full set of heirlooms with the right enchants, that means mixing and matching enchants from different expansions. For example, the level 90 crit enchant on cloak scales down to +7 crit, but there is an enchant I've seen a few rogues with that gives +8 Agility and +8 dodge at the same level. Which is obviously a big difference. Same situation with shoulder enchant, the level70 gladiator pvp enchant (only costs like 170 honor) is superior to the lvl90 enchant.

It's a little bit of effort but really it's not an expensive set of enchants that you need, it's really easy to get your heirlooms up to scratch, if you're a new player you're quite honestly just screwed, it is a shame but oh well.
    Most classes are quite overpowered in the 10-14 and 15-19 bracket if you know how the meta's of them work, in addition to knowing how to play the actual class properly. I've played every class in these brackets for hours on end, with heirlooms and the best in slot enchantments for those levels. Almost all (literally) specializations are viable, besides a few outliers which tend to fall short of the standards built by the rest of the specializations.

Tanks:
    Brewmaster - Viable
    Guardian - Viable
    Protection (P) - Viable
    Protection (W) - Viable

Healers:
    Discipline - Viable
    Holy (Pa) - Viable
    Holy (Pr) - Viable
    Mistweaver - Viable
    Restoration (D) - Viable
    Restoration (S) - Viable

DPS:
    Balance - Viable
    Feral - Viable
    Beast Mastery - Viable
    Marksmanship - Non-viable
    Survival - Viable
    Arcane - Non-viable
    Fire - Non-viable
    Frost - Viable
    Windwalker - Viable
    Retribution - Viable
    Shadow - Viable
    Assassination - Viable
    Combat - Non-viable
    Subtlety - Viable
    Elemental - Viable
    Enhancement - Viable
    Affliction - Non-viable
    Demonology - Non-viable
    Destruction - Viable
    Arms - Viable
    Fury - Non-viable

*Non-viable's either: lack in damage, survivability and utility, are burdened by large cast times or all of the aforementioned reasons.
    By all means, play what you wish/like but this is the evidence I've came up with in the last year of testing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, the base values for spells are going poof when WoD hits. Should help alleviate the low level experience aswell.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

one problem is that many classes get many of their hard hitting spells early while leveling, i.e. hunters aimed shot, rogue/feral stealth, shammy lightning bolt while moving, etc. so they are more versatile than others i.e. warriors with no snare, pallies who are kitable at low levels, mages who only have like 3 spells to throw at ppl, basically any class that cant mitigate damage or stick on a ranged for more than 2 secs. will die instantly.

from lvl 10 - 30 the consensus is whoever has more hunters, rogues/druid (can dish out dmg and off heal), and disc priests will 9/10 win

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl scaling is the biggest issue atm. It should have varying caps on it for all brackets. But the feature has no cap atall.
    Intended to balance the level diffrence in bg brackets, instead it destroys it utterly.
    You can actually reach over 600 ilvl in lower lvl bgs.

@70-73 75-77 80-83 85-87 it is esspecially fucked up;
    Godmode is engaged if you get the propper gear.

At 75 on a dk (in tbc gear) I scaled up so much that I got both the wotlk and cata superior gear achive.
    Would roam araund in 120k hp and kill people just by looking at them.
    It is completly broken, went Av as frost (defended galv solo vs nearly 40 players).
    And it wasnt even close... cc immunity with pillar of frost glyph / oneshotted ppl with howling blast/ and healed for 60k on every death siphon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are greatly over-estimating the number of people who pvp let alone pvp at low levels
    I have considerably lower queue times to pvp than I have to dungeons. Means no one is doing dungeons at lower level.

See how incredibly dumb that sort of circular logic is?

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I have considerably lower queue times to pvp than I have to dungeons. Means no one is doing dungeons at lower level.

See how incredibly dumb that sort of circular logic is?
    Dungeons are used less because many ppl have their alts kitted with heirlooms, hence they run a dungeon only once if that an then ignore it, as they are only queued for the max available ones for quest xp. Much like lowby bgs, the sole purpose of said dungeons is to level and blizz doesn't care if some spec is OP in a lowby dungeon as you wont stick to that OP ness in max lvl.

Blizz is slowly trying to alter mindset in WoD by making ppl more aware of the leveling as a experience on its own, rather then it being seen as a hurdle in the "the game starts @ max level" mentality, yet for many it will remain a hurdle as they focus on max lvl only (myself included), lets see how their intended focus shift (or attention shift rather) works out.

If the "leveling is content" approach is done right, i might actually read the quests on my main instead of using a auto accept+auto turn in addon and then revisiting the lore on an alt.

Didn't read all replies, so maybe someone pointed this up already, but a lot of problems for low-level BGs will be fixed (or at least aleviated) in WoD:

- No or little base Damage on abilities. That means abilities that cause huge burst of damage at low levels will now scale based only on your level and attack/magical power.

- Item squish: No huge disparities of power in mid-to-high levels of power (brackets 65+). Also means all those post-expansion items (like the Cataclysm items being used in 75-79 bracket, or MoP items being used in 80-84 bracket) will lose most of their power.

- Bigger health pools compared to damage. Health pools will be doubled post-squish, which means you survive longer and has more chance of turning the tables on your opponent.

Devs are also considering making 10-level brackets because the item squish will make the power difference per level a lot smoothier. So instead of having level 20-24 and 25-29 brackets you'd have a single level 20-29 bracket (remember that once entering a BG your effective level goes up to the top level in the bracket, so power differences come mostly from gear equiped and skills learned). This could potentially make queues shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    - No or little base Damage on abilities. That means abilities that cause huge burst of damage at low levels will now scale based only on your level and attack/magical power.
    That will only change things for a few abilities that had really high base like shield slam but most others don't have much base dmg. Yes it will
    help but not when you remember that the 40% res is leaving lol. Also health won't really be going up much at low lvls.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I generally agree with the statement, good gear being better then bad gear (durr) this is not gear you earned on that character so I dont feel like it should be all that powerful, atleast in pvp. (there should be equally strong pvp gear that can be bought from vendors for honor for those that want to level characters in pvp without investing in heirlooms)

They can't even fix PvP at max level. Low level PvP has a lower priority. No surprise it's entirely broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    They can't even fix PvP at max level. Low level PvP has a lower priority. No surprise it's entirely broken.
    This.

And looking at the announcements they will fail again with wod. Giving hunters a 6sec subterfuge after agreeing 3sec rogue subterfuge being to strong is a clear sign that they still dont know what they are doing.

That will only change things for a few abilities that had really high base like shield slam but most others don't have much base dmg. Yes it will
    help but not when you remember that the 40% res is leaving lol. Also health won't really be going up much at low lvls.
    Relative Health will be doubled for all characters.