View Poll Results: Is fat-shaming good for society?

Voters
550. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

174 31.64%
  • No, never.

376 68.36%
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    This is the first line of defense of most obese people, that is, to blame an obscure genetic propensity or even upbringing - it's ludicrous.
    I blame it on my LAI-Z genome. It is a Genome which makes Delicious food even more delicious and discourages me to exercise, due to delicious food being near me and not in my mouth being a much more pressing dilemma.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You have absolutely no rights to steer someone to, what you think is, a right path. You're not some kind of sinless Messiah in a white robes, are you? Who are you to judge people? Right. Live your own life and stop trying to interfere other's.

If you ask me, I'd totally love to see less absurdly slim models everywhere. If you think that is an example of a healthy human, think again please.
    You can be Healthy without being absurdly Slim.

Whereas there is no clear advantageous reason to be Fat, meaning Yes people can Judge me and other Fat people if they want since we are Lazy.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

If you can fat shame someone, can I spelling and grammar shame you? Do you get a pass for being a grammatical moron? Is there a reason for it? Pick up a book and learn to spell and use proper grammar correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fat-shaming" is the wrong term to use here if motivation is the goal.

If your intent is to motivate someone, actually motivate them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I don't think its okay to shame any of them.

People make mistakes, and if they choose to better there life, good for them, if they don't, its got nothing to do with you.
    I cannot speak for the US but in the UK we have this thing called the NHS which is paid for by the tax-payer, so yes being overweight is deterimental and selfish to society as a whole. Also people might not want to see obese people.

Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    If you can fat shame someone, can I spelling and grammar shame you? Do you get a pass for being a grammatical moron? Is there a reason for it? Pick up a book and learn to spell and use proper grammar correctly.
    Incorrect grammar doesn't cause Health issues.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You have absolutely no rights to steer someone to, what you think is, a right path. You're not some kind of sinless Messiah in a white robes, are you? Who are you to judge people? Right. Live your own life and stop trying to interfere other's.

If you ask me, I'd totally love to see less absurdly slim models everywhere. If you think that is an example of a healthy human, think again please.
    When I mess up people address me on it, and they should. I don't see how getting fat/obese is any different. What kind of retarded mentality is it to let people do whatever they please without being judged. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's as acceptable as shaming someone for excessive smoking, drinking heavily or any other action that causes self-inflicted disease and costs billions of tax dollars.

You've given yourself a quite severe disease for the sake of instant gratification.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-04-30 at 10:27 AM.

This is the problem, we are too concerned with sparing the feelings of lazy people because they can't hadle the truth, I find it absurd that we are willing to maintain a society where being fat is acceptable.
    Iam extremly lazy and i think it´s the best part of my personality also i really dont see a justification for you opposing that. The real question here is why you got such a problem with that? Offer help where you can and go on wheres not wanted, if you are bothered that much start edjucating about it in a public manner. But just expressing your negativ emotions and degrading others for not fitting in it makes you nothing but a fascist (wow that sounds incredible harsh but i think you get my point, forcing other to fit your worldview is a horribad thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem, we are too concerned with sparing the feelings of lazy people because they can't hadle the truth, I find it absurd that we are willing to maintain a society where being fat is acceptable.
    I'm gonna have to agree with this.

The human body is a masterpiece of nature. There's no known organism on earth that can match the human capabilities. We are the product of 4.5 billion years of evolution. And yet we decide to let our bodies rot into being far less than useful in any kind of activity. That just makes no fucking sense to me.

I agree with fat-shaming. Being lazy is a pathetic excuse for ruining your body and your life. And hurting someone's feelings? I couldn't care less about that. A painful truth is better than a sweet lie.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Also people might not want to see obese people.
    Well, if we can go down that road, there are lots of groups and types of people others might not want to see, should we begin shaming all of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree with this.

The human body is a masterpiece of nature. There's no known organism on earth that can match the human capabilities. We are the product of 4.5 billion years of evolution. And yet we decide to let our bodies rot into being far less than useful in any kind of activity. That just makes no fucking sense to me.

I agree with fat-shaming. Being lazy is a pathetic excuse for ruining your body and your life. And hurting someone's feelings? I couldn't care less about that. A painful truth is better than a sweet lie.
    We are outmatched by nature in every aspect other than intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoOmbat View Post
    Iam extremly lazy and i think it´s the best part of my personality
    You've got a very wrong view on what a good trait is. No matter what you might have read on the internet, being lazy is in no way imaginable good.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    No, as I said fat shaming is wrong. But acting like there is nothing wrong about being obese is just as bad if not worse.

So you are free to fix my grammar and tell me when I'm doing stuff wrong as long you don't act like a cunt when you do. But judging from your post you are more judgmental then most of the people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there are better ways to motivate someone.

People can't help being stupid if you're talking about innate intelligence but they can get educated so I don't see an issue with calling someone stupid if they're flagrantly ignorant and show no motivation to change their stance.

On the other hand people can help being overweight, there's no excuse.
    Why is it any of your business what people eat? Who are you to stand in the way of another human beings happiness? And don't say "heathcare costs", as obamacare is gonna get repealed before it can do anything.

If you're sick of looking at them, don't look at them. If you're upset that a fat dude has a hotter wife, maybe you should reconsider your attitude.

Some people just don't care about their weight, because they make money, have a house, and have a family that loves them.

Those things matter in life. And if you've got a stable life, who cares what you look like?

Also: My weight, 175. I live with my parents, I'm unemployed, and unmarried. Believe me, being in shape means shit when that's the only good thing you can say about your life. I'll gain 200libs in the next year if I was told I'd be provided a 90k/yr job with retirement benefits for doing so. Find a girl, have kids, pay for their college, pay for my quintuple bypass later. My priorities revolve around the real world. Not the mirror.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    Long live thumbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    No, we are not. If a horse breaks a leg, it dies. If we break a leg, it heals rather quickly.
    Believe what you will, but the human body truly is the pinnacle of evolution on Earth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxanonymous View Post
    Why is it any of your business what people eat? Who are you to stand in the way of another human beings happiness? And don't say "heathcare costs", as obamacare is gonna get repealed before it can do anything.

If you're sick of looking at them, don't look at them. If you're upset that a fat dude has a hotter wife, maybe you should reconsider your attitude.

Some people just don't care about their weight, because they make money, have a house, and have a family that loves them.

Those things matter in life. And if you've got a stable life, who cares what you look like?

Also: My weight, 175. I live with my parents, I'm unemployed, and unmarried. Believe me, being in shape means shit when that's the only good thing you can say about your life. I'll gain 200libs in the next year if I was told I'd be provided a 90k/yr job with retirement benefits for doing so. Find a girl, have kids, pay for their college, pay for my quintuple bypass later. My priorities revolve around the real world. Not the mirror.
    It's costing health care a lot just because people can't control their eating habits. I'd say it's a pretty serious concern.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Well, if we can go down that road, there are lots of groups and types of people others might not want to see, should we begin shaming all of them?
    Didn't the CEO of Abercrombie and Fitch claim he doesn't hire obese people in his stores? I think as potential employees go, I'd pick the healthier candidate if they were matched in other aspects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    No, we are not. If a horse breaks a leg, it dies. If we break a leg, it heals rather quickly.
    Believe what you will, but the human body truly is the pinnacle of evolution on Earth.
    Because we threat our leg, you got any scientific proof that humans heal faster then animals when not getting medical attention?