Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Accessing Previous Season Elite Xmog PvP Gear?

Literally the only thing that kept me playing WoD was obtaining the Elite Transmog gear. That Season it wasn't simply just a reskin, but a new set the built off the regular one, it distinguished you to make you look like a total PvP badass. If allies saw you they would want you watching their back, if enemies saw you they would know you weren't to be screwed with.

I barely missed 2k for the begining Season and thought "Well I'll just get the next one" Only to find out the next one is same as a Mythic PvE set making it less compelling. Not to mention the quality of the sets in general just weren't as good.

So what do you guys think of giving access to all Elite Xmog gear as long as they hit 2k+ or even some other requirements. I mean it seems like people will eventually be able to Solo Mythic Highmaul and BRF and get the Mythic sets, so I don't see why they can't do the same for the PvP sets in due time. At least it would still require a decent rating.

Or hell Blizzard should have at least used the original PvP Xmog sets with a reskin instead of just swapping the Horde and Ally colors this Season.....

7+ Year Old Account
    No

The elite gear of that season was a sign that you put effort during THAT season not just for doing it 3 expansions later

Everyone knows the elite set changes every season so their is no excuse for missing it

Deleted
    shouldnt it be the same for mythic gear then? i facepalm when i see people wearing the brf dk tier shoulders they obviously got from a cache and they try to make a tmog around it

the weapons are unique i think rest is same as mythic. last season and this elite gear is exactly the same. at least in the us theres plenty of people willing to help if youre close at season end so you should have no trouble getting the rating. i think past elite sets are like an accomplishment during that particular season as mentioned above somthey should stay unique.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    the weapons are unique i think rest is same as mythic. last season and this elite gear is exactly the same. at least in the us theres plenty of people willing to help if youre close at season end so you should have no trouble getting the rating. i think past elite sets are like an accomplishment during that particular season as mentioned above somthey should stay unique.
    I agree it makes sense to me....but that's not the case with Mythic gear. You can obtain the some pieces of the set from the cache. And in time people will be able to solo the content. Unless they remove the gear from mythic mode, similar to how you can't obtain challenge mode xmog from MoP.

No, I don't think so. Maybe if it was that you could get to choose between "elite sets" if you had that rating, but season is a season, and I think there should be some reward for finishing high in that respective season.

It's always a shame to see cool sets go, but this doesn't make too much sense, unlike challenge mode gear.

I achieved 2.3k during the warlords s1, but only got to buy like 3 pieces of the set and really need that CM style vendor to let me repurchase the missing pieces...

Yes its stupid, but then again, since when does blizz make smart decisions in regards to PvP.

hur dur, account bound vicious mounts.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes its stupid, but then again, since when does blizz make smart decisions in regards to PvP.

hur dur, account bound vicious mounts.
    Yeah they are so anal about anything PVP. >.>
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    No

The elite gear of that season was a sign that you put effort during THAT season not just for doing it 3 expansions later
    And yet, the cloak from togc10 insanity i have will become accountwide, That was a sign of effort. Whats the difference with the elite gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    And yet, the cloak from togc10 insanity i have will become accountwide, That was a sign of effort. Whats the difference with the elite gear?
    now you're just making me jelly I didn't save one of those cloaks .
    Hi Sephurik

I just feel that their needs to be some fair treatment. I mean at least as PvPers we still have to achieve a skill level to access the gear even if it's from a previous season. In PvE you can just wait till you outlevel/outgear the content and get access to loads of gear that was only exclusive to high end raiders. I mean Invincible was originally for those who could kill Heroic LK. But now anyone can get it if they just solo him. But we can't access old Glad Mounts or Gear.

Blizz should either open that up for PvPers or remove the high end PvE rewards when the content becomes dated.

While you have high rating you should be allowed to buy all elite gear. You should also be allowed to be one glad mount of your choosing (meaning you'll have to choose between current and older ones). Tabards and greatcloaks should stay as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    While you have high rating you should be allowed to buy all elite gear. You should also be allowed to be one glad mount of your choosing (meaning you'll have to choose between current and older ones). Tabards and greatcloaks should stay as they are.
    I think the options you have for previous sets should vary with each season also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 elite sets now and my first one, I didn't get the boots. One of the other sets, I didn't get the helm. Would be nice to be able to go back and purchase them at a vendor since I earned them. Especially with a revamped transmog system coming, i'll see incomplete spots for the set on the UI and be irritated beyond belief. ><
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

I can see why they should be exclusive like challenge mode gear, but I can also see that Mythic raiding gear is also unique but doesn't follow the same rules. Perhaps the compromise of reaching "X" rating should open up transmog from all seasons, though that will be just as unpopular as saying the same about Challenge Mode gear in the future, the gear is a timestamp, it's a sign of you achieving something at a specific time period, and removing that is also a shame.

Right now the elite gear is a trophy for the season, and a really nice trophy too. Is it really worth losing that just so that a few more people can get the transmogs? FWIW I do not have access to a single set of elite gear in PVP, though I very much liked the S1 Warlords PVP Elite set.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I agree with what you are saying about the WoD elite PvP sets. Season 1 did a great job of making them even crazier versions of the base sets, which was cool. Subsequent seasons were lackluster.

That said, I would be opposed to making old stuff available. While it frustrates me every time I pick out a perfect piece for a new mog only to realize it's old elite pvp gear that I don't have, that's fine. It's an accomplishment to earn that gear and it should stay that way. Having some rare cool things be unobtainable is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I agree with what you are saying about the WoD elite PvP sets. Season 1 did a great job of making them even crazier versions of the base sets, which was cool. Subsequent seasons were lackluster.

That said, I would be opposed to making old stuff available. While it frustrates me every time I pick out a perfect piece for a new mog only to realize it's old elite pvp gear that I don't have, that's fine. It's an accomplishment to earn that gear and it should stay that way. Having some rare cool things be unobtainable is a good thing.
    Yea problem is this doesn't apply to most things PvE. Aside from the Challenge modes you gain access mounts, gear etc, once you out level it.

However I guess we have more pride.

Deleted
    Warlords S1 Elite sets were nice. Distinct from PvE sets and distinct enough from non-elite sets. The best elite season reward tbh.

Previous elite sets were just reskins of normal sets. Meh.
    Current S2 / S3 elite sets are reskins of Mythic PVE sets. Meh as well. You'll come there at 110 and shit on it. There's your mythic HFC set, looks almost the same.

Would love some consistency in PvE/PvP. Everything has account-wide mounts & titles but not PvP. Everything has gear sets obtainable later on easily but not PvP. It's like these PvP reward designers are living in a parallel dimension, in which WoW didn't get any account wide features.

Why not make all elite sets purchaseable once you hit 2000 rating? This is more effort than assembling random pug of level 110s to farm mythic WoD raids. Heck, even Classic transmoggable PvP sets were brought back in Cataclysm with 2 methods of earning them: either Vanilla PvP rank or 1800 RBG rating in current system.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Warlords S1 Elite sets were nice. Distinct from PvE sets and distinct enough from non-elite sets. The best elite season reward tbh.

Previous elite sets were just reskins of normal sets. Meh.
    Current S2 / S3 elite sets are reskins of Mythic PVE sets. Meh as well. You'll come there at 110 and shit on it. There's your mythic HFC set, looks almost the same.

Would love some consistency in PvE/PvP. Everything has account-wide mounts & titles but not PvP. Everything has gear sets obtainable later on easily but not PvP. It's like these PvP reward designers are living in a parallel dimension, in which WoW didn't get any account wide features.

Why not make all elite sets purchaseable once you hit 2000 rating? This is more effort than assembling random pug of level 110s to farm mythic WoD raids. Heck, even Classic transmoggable PvP sets were brought back in Cataclysm with 2 methods of earning them: either Vanilla PvP rank or 1800 RBG rating in current system.
    The problem with re-allowing it comes with boosts though, if you're only setting the bar at say 2000 rating there are always players out there good enough to boost paying customers to that rating so they can buy the pieces. Just like challenge modes, they are a real genuine challenge but can be mastered to such an extent that paying customers can be comfortably boosted through, and so you see the challenge mode items everywhere and on players who did not earn them.

That's a real shame, it would be a real shame to see players in S1 Warlords Elite who didn't earn it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4