Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

you who think about getting kids...

aren't you afraid that the kid will be developmentally disabled or have some other condition that would reduce quality of life?

Deleted
    Everyone is worried that it may be an option, should we let the human race go extinct because you let your fears conquer you?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    being disabled and in a wheelchair myself due to a car accident, you cant worry about things like that in life or you will miss all the greater things life has to offer.

even a normal life is far more of a selfish curse than a gift. then there's the chance your kid will be messed up too? just selfish to have kids imo.

people should adopt. help some kid who was already selfishly thrown into the world, instead of being that kind of person yourself.

you who think about going outside...
    aren't you afraid that a meteor would hit you and instantly kill you or reduce your quality of life?

I'm not likely to have kids, but I would be even less likely to worry about something that's a pretty unlikely occurrence.

With my wife being a month pregnant of course I am... kind of a dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not likely to have kids, but I would be even less likely to worry about something that's a pretty unlikely occurrence.
    Didn't you just create an infinite loop?

Deleted
    @OP

aren't you afraid that you'll be hit by a toilet seat when you step out of the house?

also, there are many disabilities, and I bet many, while making your life somewhat more difficult, don't make your life a living hell. Humans adopt, that what they always did.

Yes, and that is why I am planning on having my kids relatively young (I want to have my first child before 25) and will follow the guidelines for pregnant women; you know, eating healthy, exercising, not drinking etc. It won't ensure my kid is going to be healthy, but it certainly gives them better odds. Besides, there are plenty of very happy disabled people and unhappy people who were born healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    even a normal life is far more of a selfish curse than a gift. then there's the chance your kid will be messed up too? just selfish to have kids imo.

people should adopt. help some kid who was already selfishly thrown into the world, instead of being that kind of person yourself.
    So you would rather have all of humanity raise the bastards of society? Most people never think of adoption because.these children often have unknown parents and can have medical conditions that arent.documented, let alone any mental ilnesses or mental scarring that most people are not capable of handling as proper parents.

its a shame orphans have to exist, but given the fucked up people normal society breeds, i think they are much better off to a degree.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Everyone is worried that it may be an option, should we let the human race go extinct because you let your fears conquer you?
    Yes, children creep me out >.< (Thank films like grudge, ring , silent gill etc >.<)

10+ Year Old Account

So, if everyone adopts and no one has kids then where do the adopted kids come from?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    you who think about going outside...
    aren't you afraid that a meteor would hit you and instantly kill you or reduce your quality of life?
    do meteors have some kind of built in building avoiding sensor or something then, if they only hit people who went outside?
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So, if everyone adopts and no one has kids then where do the adopted kids come from?
    not her fault she was unlucky when thinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    how does that question even make sense? people will always be selfish, children will be born and thrown away so some pathetic whore can party until she's fucked to death and killed or some other horrible experience, it's the responsible people that should adopt children and raise them to be responsible. it would cut down on the population and help children in need, an adopted child has much better future with a stable home instead of sitting in the child services until they're thrown out into the world at 18 with no help.

10+ Year Old Account
    how does that question even make sense? people will always be selfish, children will be born and thrown away so some pathetic whore can party until she's fucked to death and killed or some other horrible experience, it's the responsible people that should adopt children and raise them to be responsible. it would cut down on the population and help children in need, an adopted child has much better future with a stable home instead of sitting in the child services until they're thrown out into the world at 18 with no help.
    If you understand that humanity is often times selfish, how the fuck do you expect anyone to follow your vision?

Let alone, humanity doesnt need to stop reproducing, we need people to stop being stupid, and neither of those scenarios will ever happen.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    If you understand that humanity is often times selfish, how the fuck do you expect anyone to follow your vision?

Let alone, humanity doesnt need to stop reproducing, we need people to stop being stupid, and neither of those scenarios will ever happen.
    i never said people would, it's just an idealistic fantasy. what i think should happen.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I constantly worry about my son developing Tourettes Syndrome or OCD, I have them both rather severely, and TS being genetic there is a pretty big chance he will, and it has many co-morbid conditions like OCD that go with it, ofcourse he might not have it, and even if he does the likelyhood is it wouldn't be as severe as mine, but I still worry like a mofo:<

There is nothing wrong with worrying, it's normal, but just don't let it impact what you do in day to day life, or let the worrying overtake everything, because that can consume you fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not about to have kids yet, but some time, yeah.

Of course I'd worry. I'd also take every possible test to make sure it was healthy, and if detected early enough, I'd want to abort the child if a severe condition was discovered. As a man that final call isn't really mine to make though.