Since we're doing some pruning...

I would like to request;

* Trinkets with "Use" abilities be removed from the game. (trinkets are passive-only gears)
    * Castable Racial skills be converted into a form of passive (orcish stun decrease as opposed to undead CC break)

Both for the sake of removing excessive hot-bar clutter. Trinkets with on-use effects fall into one of two categories; effects that should be literal skills in-and-of themselves - or arbitrary steroids that do not enhance gameplay as much as they do add extra buttons.

Castable racial skills request due to simply being more hot-bar clutter. Most castable racials can be easily redundant (such as WotF) anyways - I would personally rather have it converted into something like; "Fear/Charm/Sleep effect duration reduced by 15%"

Feel free to flame!
    -Lore

Ability pruning should be to stuff that's unnecessary. Some racials are necessary to cast at certain times and others are not, changing that would be useless. Ability pruning should stick to things that can be put together or to define classes.

i bind WotF to a modifier macro with my pvp trinket and fade, (cc remove for priests if speced) its my go to get out of shit button, for the middle mouse, easiest thing ever, you can macro on use dps trinkets with any class CD, and should be. sorry not bloat
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    i bind WotF to a modifier macro with my pvp trinket and fade, (cc remove for priests if speced) its my go to get out of shit button, for the middle mouse, easiest thing ever, you can macro on use dps trinkets with any class CD, and should be. sorry not bloat
    By that logic, Skull Banner is not bloat because you can just macro it to Recklessness. The point of ability trimming is that they don't want people to have to make a bunch of macros in order to play their classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    By that logic, Skull Banner is not bloat because you can just macro it to Recklessness. The point of ability trimming is that they don't want people to have to make a bunch of macros in order to play their classes.
    The question is, how many abilities is the correct amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The question is, how many abilities is the correct amount?
    That's what they're trying to determine in their internal testing, I guess. Personally, I feel like once I get past around 30 keybinds I have too many things to possibly keep track of, but other people can handle a lot more. No matter what, a certain percentage of the playerbase is going to be upset about "dumbing down".

I'd be fine with them getting rid of 'clicky trinkets', but I have always hated 'clicky trinkets'. DMG ones anyway. I don't mind things like the PVP trinket or racials since they don't need anything fancy except to be on your screen somewhere. But that's just my take on it as someone who doesn't play with a lot of macros.

That's what they're trying to determine in their internal testing, I guess. Personally, I feel like once I get past around 30 keybinds I have too many things to possibly keep track of, but other people can handle a lot more. No matter what, a certain percentage of the playerbase is going to be upset about "dumbing down".
    I just think there is a point when we have pruned too many situational things, and where too many things become "passives." Racials wouldn't be very interesting if they were all changed to "15% charm-sleep-fear immunity" ...

Would the best fix be to remove keybinds.. if thats the real probleem? hehhe jk.

I just think there is a point when we have pruned too many situational things, and where too many things become "passives." Racials wouldn't be very interesting if they were all changed to "15% charm-sleep-fear immunity" ...
    Maybe with "cooldown" racials, they could bake them in with another ability depending on your class. I'm an orc shaman, so say they take my active racial Blood Fury and make it so that whenever I summon my Fire Elemental, it boosts my spellpower. Or for an orc warrior, it would instead boost their attack power whenever they do Recklessness. An orc hunter would get an attack power boost with Rapid Fire, and so on.... Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    The question is, what is defined as a bunch, which of those macros will still be present in WoD and did the ability prune actually do anything?

I think what's most amusing is you can play a character in pve with maximum 2-5 macros that are "needed" (more like convenience, but we can go with needed) to play.

The only place where that goes up is pvp with more abilities that matter and more requirement for control (where focus target macros and arena frame target macros really shine) and I don't see anything in WoD that will help reduce the amount of macro-ing required for pvp.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The only place where that goes up is pvp with more abilities that matter and more requirement for control (where focus target macros and arena frame target macros really shine) and I don't see anything in WoD that will help reduce the amount of macro-ing required for pvp.
    I certainly don't want it automated to the point that as soon as I'm crowd controlled, it automatically activates my trinket to break it, for instance. I want to retain control of which stun I want to break manually and which ones I want to just wait out.

I don't envy them in trying to figure out which abilities should be baked in to other abilities and which ones should be retained, no matter what they're going to remove an ability that someone thinks is absolutely vital.

I think the move towards a proc based trinket system has been underway for a long time. Granted some should remain on use such as the PVP trinket. But as far as DPS increases and such.. it seems to have been slowly but surely going that way anyway. At least from my point of view. I am not saying on use options do not exsist, but they are getting thinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be in favor of on-proc trinkets, and passive racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    I'd be in favor of on-proc trinkets, and passive racials.
    Yeah I tend to agree. But I think the procs would need to be a lot more 'random'. I know min/max hate something massively random but knowing at the start of the fight all trinkets are going to ping is kind of rediculous. Racials imo should be passive. Kind of strange that a race could have something they 'call upon' to 'make me better' for a short while. Sure maybe a race gets mad or focused in certain situations but being a 100% in demand of it seems a little odds for the context we have.

Maybe with "cooldown" racials, they could bake them in with another ability depending on your class. I'm an orc shaman, so say they take my active racial Blood Fury and make it so that whenever I summon my Fire Elemental, it boosts my spellpower. Or for an orc warrior, it would instead boost their attack power whenever they do Recklessness. An orc hunter would get an attack power boost with Rapid Fire, and so on.... Just a thought.
    I guess that would be way more interesting than just straight up passives.

I guess that would be way more interesting than just straight up passives.
    Mostly likely right.