Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Modification of "Valerius". I needed something more feminine sounding when my Paladin was originally female but didn't like "Valeria". Started using the name of my character as my forum name on my realm's unofficial forum and now I just use it for everything gaming-related.

Screen handle use to always be jake.exe because that was pretty clever for a teenager when msn messenger was a no.1 chat tool, through the years and sites not allowing full stops it evolved into this. Now it just amuses me when people try to pronounce it.

I spent some time as an over the road truck driver. As many truckers do, I had a CB radio which pretty much mandates a CD handle. My company was nice enough to stencil our handles on the door of our trucks so i figured I should come up with something. Well I wasn't your typical truck driver. I always dressed nice, clean pants, button up shirts, and took showers regularly. Basically I didn't look like your average trucker. You could almost say I was posing as a trucker. So bam, my CB handle was born. Poser.

The numbers are some random numbers my wife had in on of her screen names years ago. I adopted them so I wouldn't have to run into any "that name is already taken" issues. And there we have it...

Poser765
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the name of my main (now an alt) back when I made this account. I thought it sounded like a good troll name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Your forum name, How did you get it? When? What does it mean?

Gothic Shark, My nickname for years has been 'Sharky'. It was given to me by a co-worker who ended up as a best friend.

I am also very much a part of the Gothic Sub-culture, Have been since 1989. Even at 42 years old I wear black. Granted I don't do the crazy makeup and hair anymore, I do have some of my old cloths but only one velvet dress still fits. So I'm more likely to be in a Black Tee and either a skirt or jeans.

So I'm Gothic and people call me Sharky. GothicShark.

Very important character of mine in the roleplaying world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a character name in WoW. Nothing interesting sadly. I only made the account to enter in the contests, so I didn't really care much about the name at the time lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Your forum name, How did you get it? When? What does it mean?
    Pretty simple really, the nicknames of Indigo my human Rogue lady, and Ozoran my Belf Rogue guy.

I should have put hers first though I guess, since I've often been Indi elsewhere... Didn't expect that I'd be all that active on here and had thought it sounded better in the order I put it. Ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    RICH stands for Richard my real life name, the number is a secret thing.
    Does the British military have MOS numbers? Is it a Voyager Reference? Or are they birth Years, ie 1984 is you and 1972 is you S.O?

A planatary nebula containing what is the hottest known white dwarf.
    Waay too big to straight up link on the forum.

Mine is an old nickname from back in the day. It evolved from the nickname "Super Justin," which I got when I was drunk and I jumped off a two-story house onto a trampoline and bounced into a pool. I broke my wrist and sprained my knee pretty bad (but I made it), and my friends never let me live it down. "Sj" fit well with my hunter's old name, Sarahjane, who was named after my favorite companion from Doctor Who. I changed my forum name from Sarahjane to Sj because Tziva kept telling people I was a hot chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Granyala?
    Well part of the name came from Lord Granas, the divine entity of Grandia II.
    I just tried to mold into a female form.
    Great game. I like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wolves and Bears are pretty cool.

A nickname someone gave me.

I don't even use this brand of shampoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Random name generator way back when I made my first druid as a young teenager, which has since changed names but I still keep this username to remind me
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is a little complex. I get Templar from Starcraft. The Protoss were my favorite race in the first one. The 331 has a little more back story. Way back when PS1 was a thing, a game called Armored Core was around. There was a special unlock you could do. If I'm remembering correctly, you'd have to loose a mission with -50,000 credits in your account. Once you did that, your name would reset. The name reset for me the first time was Rebel 331. Now the spooky part was my birthday is May 3rd and the girl I had a crush on at the time was May 31st. I thought "holy crap!" So ever since then I've kept the 331.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Mine is a little complex. I get Templar from Starcraft. The Protoss were my favorite race in the first one. The 331 has a little more back story. Way back when PS1 was a thing, a game called Armored Core was around. There was a special unlock you could do. If I'm remembering correctly, you'd have to loose a mission with -50,000 credits in your account. Once you did that, your name would reset. The name reset for me the first time was Rebel 331. Now the spooky part was my birthday is May 3rd and the girl I had a crush on at the time was May 31st. I thought "holy crap!" So ever since then I've kept the 331.
    They still make those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    They still make those games.
    I know. It just seems that it's one of the niche games that isn't too popular now. And the last one I saw looked like crap.

Basically the language a dog would speak, I guess. I came up with it a long time ago, and it just stuck.

Spraxle is the name of my Gnome Warlock, it sounded suitably Gnomish to me. I always try to come up with my own original names instead of taking them from other things when I name a character. And I went with this name because Spraxle was my main when I stopped lurking and made my account.

The awesome song from the Finnish symphonic metal band, nightwish, which i was a huge fan back then, before it became famous and kinda mainstream.