Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Your explanation is brilliant. Let's continue this game. You fit the bill of retard.
    Wow. Just....wow.

*crap! he's found me out! what do I say or do now? I know!*......."Well, you're a retard!

Bravo my friend. The exit to the thread is that way.

Infracted: Flaming is against the rules. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-05-02 at 07:33 AM.

Casuals play tha game 2 ya know.. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Before 4.3? Sure, let's take patch 3.3 when one could buy a full set of raid tier from the marks that you got from running 5-man heroics (which were easily done in half hour). I fully agree!

Between Celestials, Ordos, and LFR, of course you'll have 540+ ilvl, but you're the one making the argument that people don't have to or shouldn't do LFR. If you don't step a foot in LFR you most certainly will not be able to jump straight into flex. The casuals in your guild have to problem probably because they're in a damn heroic raiding guild regardless of rank.
    I hate LFR and find it to be a cesspool of trolls, afkers, and people that seem to have never touched a keyboard before, but I don't think it should be ignored as a way to gear, in WoD it will still be there and have even higher drop rates but you won't get specific gear, ilvl requirements will adjust accordingly in the community.

My main problem is them getting these items that shouldn't be there, not that they are getting gear at all. Before Flex, sure why not it was a way for people to gear up, but with Flexible being here and practically replacing the gearing process there is no point.

You think people on openraid check everyone's GUILD progression??? No they don't.

Obviously it has zero to do with what your talking about, and for someone that doesn't have LFR experience. Your probably oblivious to the completely obvious glaring issues it has. Tier gear is being taken away as a incentive to move to organized raiding, because unorganized raiding isn't working.
    I do not only have 1 character. I have my main (570+), 2 "primary" alts 560+ that don't do LFR any more, and then I have 4 or even 5 "secondary" alts which are 500+ and I do LFR on them all the time depending what I feel like playing. Most lately I've leveled up my old horde mage which is now 523 and does LFR for the legendary cloak quest-line even though her main focus is PvP. It has been completely fine doing LFR. I have heroic experience so I tell people what to do, I mark targets etc. and it never turns out to be as hellish as people here describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    You think people on openraid check everyone's GUILD progression??? No they don't.
    Ugh... yeah they do. All you have to do is claim that you're on alt account for one of the main raiders and you're in. Our casuals do it all the time.
    Last edited by emni; 2014-05-02 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Wow. Just....wow.

*crap! he's found me out! what do I say or do now? I know!*......."Well, you're a retard!

Bravo my friend. The exit to the thread is that way.
    You followed up with even more brilliance. Lol, what you said has no relevance to anything I did. The joke is on your stupid attempt to attack me. Let me guess? Your an entitled LFR player? Or a fake heroic raider who wholly supports LFR. I've been on this thread for a while. I didn't hide anything, anybody that's literate knows my stance. Though you don't seem literate. You seem the type that makes up things in your head and believes it. Stay entitled bud. Getting the feeling this is yarv too. What a sick person.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-02 at 12:07 PM.

I do not only have 1 character. I have my main (570+), 2 "primary" alts 560+ that don't do LFR any more, and then I have 4 or even 5 "secondary" alts which are 500+ and I do LFR on them all the time depending what I feel like playing. Most lately I've leveled up my old horde mage which is now 523 and does LFR for the legendary cloak quest-line even though her main focus is PvP. It has been completely fine doing LFR. I have heroic experience so I tell people what to do, I mark targets etc. and it never turns out to be as hellish as people here describe.

Ugh... yeah they do. All you have to do is claim that you're on alt account for one of the main raiders and you're in. Our casuals do it all the time.
    Anyone that buys that would buy 'oh my main is in blood legion' too.

So blizzard is just doing this for no reason? Does it need to be spelled out for some people? I mean it's not rocket science to see why they are doing it, and if you had decent experiences in LFR more than terrible. Your extremely lucky. Blizzard isn't doing this just because. Or to please anybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmurph View Post
    Casuals play tha game 2 ya know.. Lol.
    What do casuals even do in WoW?

You followed up with even more brilliance. Lol, what you said has no relevance to anything I did. The joke is on your stupid attempt to attack me. Let me guess? Your an entitled LFR player? Or a fake heroic raider who wholly supports LFR. I've been on this thread for a while. I didn't hide anything, anybody that's literate knows my stance. Though you don't seem literate. You seem the type that makes up things in your head and believes it. Stay entitled bud. Getting the feeling this is yarv too. What a sick person.
    I swear...it's like watching a dog chase its tail in circles. You are all over the place man. Lay off the cocaine....or something.

And who the hell is Yarv?

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    What do casuals even do in WoW?
    If it's referring to entitled players. It's i play, I win, and I play, nobody is better. Really exiting mentalities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I swear...it's like watching a dog chase its tail in circles. You are all over the place man. Lay off the cocaine....or something.

And who the hell is Yarv?
    Someone you resemble unfortunately. I don't care to speak to you. You never once even explained your original post that was false. Obviously because you couldn't. You just said it because you disagree, or your playing white knight for LFR. I really don't care to continue that. Make sure your next comment is really hurtful so I can care a lot.

So blizzard is just doing this for no reason? Does it need to be spelled out for some people? I mean it's not rocket science to see why they are doing it, and if you had decent experiences in LFR more than terrible. Your extremely lucky. Blizzard isn't doing this just because. Or to please anybody.
    Blizzard doesn't always make decisions that work out for the best. This becomes very apparent once you've played this game for as embarrassingly long as I have.

Having said that, I do firmly believe that the game is better now that it has been in the previous expansions, but there are some mistakes that have been made. I don't feel like Blizzard knows what to with LFRs, really. They could have made class-specific sets that only drop from there, maybe just for transmog, to incite even people in good gear to go back and help out the groups without feeling like they have to.

Reading this thread it's pretty clear that most people think that this is some sort of a casual vs. hard-core battle that's being waged. It's ridiculous. I'd love for everyone to have a good experience in this game, not just the people who can devote chunks of pre-planned time to the game. No wonder the stereotype of the WoW player in a no-lifer sitting in a basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the personal remarks and insults. There will be infractions and bans. I don't want to see it get any worse.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Blizzard doesn't always make decisions that work out for the best. This becomes very apparent once you've played this game for as embarrassingly long as I have.

Having said that, I do firmly believe that the game is better now that it has been in the previous expansions, but there are some mistakes that have been made. I don't feel like Blizzard knows what to with LFRs, really. They could have made class-specific sets that only drop from there, maybe just for transmog, to incite even people in good gear to go back and help out the groups without feeling like they have to.

Reading this thread it's pretty clear that most people think that this is some sort of a casual vs. hard-core battle that's being waged. It's ridiculous. I'd love for everyone to have a good experience in this game, not just the people who can devote chunks of pre-planned time to the game. No wonder the stereotype of the WoW player in a no-lifer sitting in a basement.
    I'm all for a collective good experience too, but it's a game, and it has to be a game worth playing. I could care less about casual and hardcore titles they are just abstract ideas. To me it's clear from personal experience, and from the experiences of those who play around me that LFR is cancer, and IMHO Blizzard is doing its best to phase it out slowly. They definitely aren't removing tier gear because they think it works.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2014-05-02 at 07:29 AM.

Someone you resemble unfortunately. I don't care to speak to you. You never once even explained your original post that was false. Obviously because you couldn't. You just said it because you disagree, or your playing white knight for LFR. I really don't care to continue that. Make sure your next comment is really hurtful so I can care a lot.
    The feeling is mutual. And something I noticed of your posts in this thread? You proved nothing yourself, but instead spent your time telling others that they proved nothing, and then acting like that settled everything.

I proved my point all ready, but just in case you totally missed it, and you did, here it is again:

I called people out that bitch about "welfare epics" as special little snowflakes that don't like to see people who they deem "under" or "lesser" than them, in any kind of decent gear....period. To which you and others so graciously attacked/responded to, and in doing so, proved my point that such people exist!

I then went on to say that I use to do heroic raids when I still played. And that I personally don't care that people are/were given welfare epics. Because I'm not a special little snowflake like yourself. I played the game the way I wanted to and enjoyed it. I didn't feel the need to deny others gear simply because I did harder content than them.

Still don't get the point? Well, I'm afraid I can't put it any simpler for you. So put on your thinking cap and figure it out or just give up. Either way I don't care.

Sorry, MoanaLisa, I was still typing and posting this and didn't see your post. However, I will not delete it because I want the intended person to see it, because after all, he did ask for my point....even though it was already given.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-05-02 at 07:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know, but those lfr tier sets are god awful looking lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere constructive at the moment, and I don't really understand the villainising of the average casual player. I'd say I fall somewhere in that camp, as all I really do in WoW is the occasional LFR whenever it's convenient. It's my endgame.

I drop in, shoot a few fireballs at things, avoid all the fiery spider-bombs and the splooshy boss-goop, and hope I get a shiny pretty reward at the end. Getting a tier piece in my world feels awesome because it's what you've been crossing your fingers for all along. I like being pretty. It's neat, and it's basically the only reason I do LFR at all.
    And from all the arguments in this thread, I haven't really figured out how this attitude of mine hurts anyone. I'm enjoying myself, I'm not slowing my group down and I get a shiny little reward from time to time. It's not as shiny as everyone else's, but I like to think I did my best, and I'm not alone in this.

The idea of being forced to do LFR in order to progress sounds like an artificial problem to me, and could be easily fixed by adding things to other game modes to encourage and incentivise certain playstyles(like adding LFR-gear to 5-man heroics instead of the other way around, etc.), rather than removing and punishing those that don't play the game "the right way".

I will not call them welfare "EPIC".
    These gear are 3 tiers lower than the best gear.

They are gear in purple color.
    Nothing epic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere constructive at the moment, and I don't really understand the villainising of the average casual player. I'd say I fall somewhere in that camp, as all I really do in WoW is the occasional LFR whenever it's convenient. It's my endgame.

I drop in, shoot a few fireballs at things, avoid all the fiery spider-bombs and the splooshy boss-goop, and hope I get a shiny pretty reward at the end. Getting a tier piece in my world feels awesome because it's what you've been crossing your fingers for all along. I like being pretty. It's neat, and it's basically the only reason I do LFR at all.
    And from all the arguments in this thread, I haven't really figured out how this attitude of mine hurts anyone. I'm enjoying myself, I'm not slowing my group down and I get a shiny little reward from time to time. It's not as shiny as everyone else's, but I like to think I did my best, and I'm not alone in this.

The idea of being forced to do LFR in order to progress sounds like an artificial problem to me, and could be easily fixed by adding things to other game modes to encourage and incentivise certain playstyles(like adding LFR-gear to 5-man heroics instead of the other way around, etc.), rather than removing and punishing those that don't play the game "the right way".
    "I'm not slowing my group down"

This right here. Your not part of the problem at all. In fact I don't mind at all that you get gear and have fun in a lower difficulty. It's the bad LFR players that are the issue, because they bring the whole thing down. I hope players like you will run flex in WoD. It's a much better environment and I think you'd like it.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2014-05-02 at 08:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm not slowing my group down"

This right here. You not part of the problem at all. In fact I don't mind at all that you get gear and have fun in a lower difficulty. It's the bad LFR players that are the issue, because they bring the whole thing down. I hope players like you will run flex in WoD. It's a much better environment and I think you'd like it.
    I don't think I would at all. It's just not something I have the mindset to dedicate myself to, and I wouldn't be comfortable in that kind of environment. LFR's level of dedication suits me just fine.
    Ultimately, this change is all about diminishing the options available to players like me. And taking away stuff limits the demographics a feature can appeal to. And it's really bothersome to see this attitude of "We want players to do X, so let's limit their options to do otherwise" coming from Blizzard. Historically, exclusionary design choices like that have never led to happy players in a game with as broad an audience as WoW's.

It's just an unnecessarily cruel solution to an ultimately artificial problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I don't think I would at all. It's just not something I have the mindset to dedicate myself to, and I wouldn't be comfortable in that kind of environment. LFR's level of dedication suits me just fine.
    Ultimately, this change is all about diminishing the options available to players like me. And taking away stuff limits the demographics a feature can appeal to. And it's really bothersome to see this attitude of "We want players to do X, so let's limit their options to do otherwise" coming from Blizzard. Historically, exclusionary design choices like that have never led to happy players in a game with as broad an audience as WoW's.

It's just an unnecessarily cruel solution to an ultimately artificial problem.
    There is no dedication to anything in flex either. You can run with anyone at any given time while leaving and joining a different group whenever you want.

They are not limiting you. You are limiting yourself by choice.