Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The real outcry will be if WoD's legendary quest chain requires Normal or above.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    As it probably should. A legendary should be somehow special though, and I don't like the idea of a quest chain. I get the issues around it being a drop but I LIKE rare drops. Sure, by definition most of us don't get a lot of them but when something rare did drop for you (Baron's mount, Headless Horseman mount) and it was only available via that drop, it was a thrill, like opening a present expecting socks and getting something cool that you really wanted.

I don't get the LFR hate. Only thing that LFR and LFD do is finding you a random group quickly.

Those people run the same dungeons as the people who form their groups before it. Content does not get immediatily easier.

What is the point of removing it?
    Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2014-05-03 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The real outcry will be if WoD's legendary quest chain requires Normal or above.
    that i dont really care about
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You and a lot of others are focused on gearing, but LFR lets people see that part of the story told in the raid instance. As long as the gear that drops in LFR isn't important for organized raiders to have I don't see why anyone whines about LFR existing.

Before when people would say "hey, don't like LFR, don't run it" the very reasonable comeback was "but look, my tier bonuses are powerful and if I don't run LFR for them I'm kind of letting my regular raid down" or "The trinket, even the LFR version, that drops from $BOSS is way too good to pass up, it's even better than the heroic version of my trinket from the tier before." If that gear goes away, so do those reasons and we really can say "Hey, if you don't like LFR... don't run it."

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - .
    And this is exactly why I'm saying make lfr and heroic gear even. If ppl really and honestly only want the story f the raid then they can do lfr, get random loot chances and be done. But if ppl want lfr gear then that is a whole other issue. That can be solved by making literally hard heroics to give the same loot ilvl but with no randomness, then we can see which tunnel will be flowed into more.

But don't give me the ppl only do it for the lore. If that was true ppl would stop and smell the roses,listen to the dialogue instead of skipping it. Maybe 15% of lfr players go for the lore but others???yeah no.

Deleted
    Your mistake is thinking that most people who run LFR run it for the tier sets. I doubt that. Most people run it for upgrades (which they'll still get), for something to do, and the first time or two, to see the story and experience the fights.
    Yeah thats it.

In BC and WOTLK I didn't see endgame content. So all the questlines just peter out nowhere. That was really
    frustrating. With dragon soul I could see the conclusion of the expansion.

Everyone, that's pvpers, solo players, traders, hell people who like bloody pet battles etc etc, has invested a
    major amount of time in an expansion and we all deserve to get to see what happens, not just raiders.

I really couldn't give a toss about gear. I'd quite happily do endgame scenarios without any loot at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    And this is exactly why I'm saying make lfr and heroic gear even. If ppl really and honestly only want the story f the raid then they can do lfr, get random loot chances and be done. But if ppl want lfr gear then that is a whole other issue. That can be solved by making literally hard heroics to give the same loot ilvl but with no randomness, then we can see which tunnel will be flowed into more.

But don't give me the ppl only do it for the lore. If that was true ppl would stop and smell the roses,listen to the dialogue instead of skipping it. Maybe 15% of lfr players go for the lore but others???yeah no.
    I have no issue with heroic 5 mans and LFR giving the same level gear. Unlike you and a lot of others though, I don't care how other people play.

I don't think a lot of people go for lore per se, but A fair number do, I think, go to see the end story or so they can see the big boss. It's one thing knowing, say, Illidan or KJ were defeated in TBC or Arthas in LK... but in Cata people got to see Deathwing die and in MoP, Garrosh be defeated. You seem to think they need to 'smell the roses' but again - who the fuck are you to dictate how others play? Maybe people only want to see the fights once and then stop. Maybe they want to see the fight once and then go back a few tmes for some gear upgrades and then stop. Maybe they'd rather LFR with 24 others vs LFD with 4 others. Again, why do you care?

Deleted
    Always despised LFR , although I still think it has its place, especially with a different format.

Not in it's current state. Yes to the one we're looking at in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    And what will they do with that better gear? Clear new content faster? Oh wait.
    Made me lol so hard. It's funny because it's true.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    No, the change to tier gear and trinkets not dropping is enough. LFR should stay for the people that indeed don't have time to raid and want to see the lore and the people who want to use it as a stepping stone to actual raiding. So, from my point of view, the suggested changes for WoD are perfect for LFR and it should be like that. And remain in the game, obviously. Removing LFR is too radical and actually hurts people that do want to improve or see content.

Undecided currently. I will refrain from an opinion until I see how current WoD LFR plays out. Currently it looks like it will be fine as they intent it to be in WoD, but time will tell.

From what the wowinsider podcast has said that they won't have tier gear in LFR but you will still use it as a stepping stone into flex difficulty which will be a stepping stone into normals. It will be a part of your gearing up process, especially in the first tier of wod raiding and any tiers to come if you don't get normal raid gear from the previous tier.

So if your raid team required you to go into LFR now to raid they will require it in wod as well, the only difference is you won't get tier gear in LFR to help your raid team down bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with heroic 5 mans and LFR giving the same level gear. Unlike you and a lot of others though, I don't care how other people play.

I don't think a lot of people go for lore per se, but A fair number do, I think, go to see the end story or so they can see the big boss. It's one thing knowing, say, Illidan or KJ were defeated in TBC or Arthas in LK... but in Cata people got to see Deathwing die and in MoP, Garrosh be defeated. You seem to think they need to 'smell the roses' but again - who the fuck are you to dictate how others play? Maybe people only want to see the fights once and then stop. Maybe they want to see the fight once and then go back a few tmes for some gear upgrades and then stop. Maybe they'd rather LFR with 24 others vs LFD with 4 others. Again, why do you care?
    First off-I'm not trying to dictate anything, but yes I hate lfr just how I'm sure almost 199 other ppl hate lfr, do I wish it gone? No but I do wish there was another tunnel for loot.

Now my issue with pls like you is that you say (ppl alway say it) they just want to see the lore first. That is where it should end,don't add fluff to it if you want to see lore. I can honestly say when soo came out I did it three times not for gear but for my legendary then I never touch it, I famed timeless isle twice I go there now for Houlon.
    Ppl saying they do lfr to see the story is complete bullshit , like we both said only a few, but you defended ppl skipping over, pretty interesting and IMO big lore moments.

Ppl defending and bashing lfr are both in the wrong and are both lying to themselves. The truth is simple EVERYONE, YES EVETYONE runs lfr mainly for loot even if it's just once everyone has ran it, the only Diffrence between sone ppl

Some do it once then move on , I count those ppl as the lore caring ppl.
    Everyone else who runs it and defends it does off a lie, if there was a diffrent route to take other then lfr(which was the case till Cata) then yes honestly lfr would slowly die and dwindle down, to the point where blizz could remove it.

Deleted
    Out with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    From what the wowinsider podcast has said that they won't have tier gear in LFR but you will still use it as a stepping stone into flex difficulty which will be a stepping stone into normals. It will be a part of your gearing up process, especially in the first tier of wod raiding and any tiers to come if you don't get normal raid gear from the previous tier.

So if your raid team required you to go into LFR now to raid they will require it in wod as well, the only difference is you won't get tier gear in LFR to help your raid team down bosses.
    They said heroic 5 man gear will be good enough to start in WoD Normal raids. So no one will have to gear up in LFR as a stepping stone, although they may decide to do so. Remember the heroic 5 mans will be open three weeks before LFR opens.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    No one can require you to do LFR. The presence of tier and trinkets made it super attractive for people who wanted the bonuses, but at some point people need to either realize that they've signed up to be hardcore, do-anything-to-progress raiders (in which case don't whine) or they need to realize that they didn't signup for that and tell the RL to get stuffed. Their lack of a spine isn't anyone else's issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    First off-I'm not trying to dictate anything, but yes I hate lfr just how I'm sure almost 199 other ppl hate lfr, do I wish it gone? No but I do wish there was another tunnel for loot.

Now my issue with pls like you is that you say (ppl alway say it) they just want to see the lore first. That is where it should end,don't add fluff to it if you want to see lore. I can honestly say when soo came out I did it three times not for gear but for my legendary then I never touch it, I famed timeless isle twice I go there now for Houlon.
    Ppl saying they do lfr to see the story is complete bullshit , like we both said only a few, but you defended ppl skipping over, pretty interesting and IMO big lore moments.

Ppl defending and bashing lfr are both in the wrong and are both lying to themselves. The truth is simple EVERYONE, YES EVETYONE runs lfr mainly for loot even if it's just once everyone has ran it, the only Diffrence between sone ppl

Some do it once then move on , I count those ppl as the lore caring ppl.
    Everyone else who runs it and defends it does off a lie, if there was a diffrent route to take other then lfr(which was the case till Cata) then yes honestly lfr would slowly die and dwindle down, to the point where blizz could remove it.
    You might want to try not telling people what they think. Your post keeps telling everyone we're all lying to ourselves. Stop that shit. You know what YOU think. Not anyone else. Also, spellcheck. And grammar check.

I didn't mind running LFR this expansion, but I think it is in the best interest of the game for it to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Which is being addressed in WoD but we'll see how it works out.
    Being "addressed" via the wrong route, though it is not solving the problem.
    Discouraging other players from an additional raiding route by penalising those it hurt in the first place.
    Hardly fair.

Shared lockouts would have done the same thing, only actually fixing the problem, not simply making it less attractive.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I cant recall what we are at for completion at last count. I wonder if they went up any notable amount or if mostly just those who already obtained one getting for alts. The chain didnt seem to grab much of the population, but for the minority it did I am sure it kept some of them playing a few more months.

Personally would rather see a separate non-raid or optional raid involvement expansion long chain for something cosmetic that can continue to be shown off in the following expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I cant recall what we are at for completion at last count. I wonder if they went up any notable amount or if mostly just those who already obtained one getting for alts. The chain didnt seem to grab much of the population, but for the minority it did I am sure it kept some of them playing a few more months.
    Right now we're seeing some blowback from the LQC. Threads are appearing on the forums about unreasonable ilvl requirements for getting into SoO raids. When you check the OPs, they usually don't have the legendary cloak, and won't for quite a while.