H Immersus Issues

just thought i'd ask the WoW Community for a lil help, we are just starting on Heroics in SoO (I know a lil late), and we are having issues on the first boss and I honestly don't know what's going on. Anyway i'm gonna post a link to our logs for our attempts and maybe someone out there can see something I can't. Any feedback would be great!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/7103/

(sorry can't post links yet)
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2014-05-03 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Added link for OP

Serious? You can't just throw a link to a log up and think someone is going to come by and solve all your problems.

Honestly I would suggest doing heroic nourshen first. Much much easier then immerseus 10 Heroic as in my group took 20+ pulls on immerseus and 2 on nourshen. As well, sha corruption damage from the dot appears to be quite high. I would suggest going to 4 stacks max then using mass dispel and what not.

As well, for your lock have them sac an imp. The imp special will allow one stack to be removed from the lock.

For starters, 3 heal this, especially for progression. This is a unique fight in that bringing more healers won't gimp your kill time because you'll need that 3rd healer for blob healing later on in the fight. The only 'dps checks' are the first two main phases, where you need to kill him before he gets 50 stacks of the debuff for a 2nd time. Obviously use hero on pull, and then have everyone use their 2nd pot after the first submerge phase. Once you get past these, it should be fairly face roll.

It's also a fight where proper positioning is crucial. This has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum, so I suggest you check out other threads for it as some even have diagrams. You'll want to have everyone on the platform in the back by the stairs for the main phase, and assign your most mobile dps/healers areas on the opposite side and further away for the submerge phase.

You have a disc priest, which is great because mass dispel is OP on this fight. Put a raid marker in the middle of the platform in the back and call everyone to stack there at about 4 stacks. The priest should then dispel and the DPS should resume attacking the boss, only AOEing adds once Immerseus has been completely stripped of the debuff, or if they're waiting for their stacks to clear. You can use both tanks to help gather up adds, just make sure the MT is watching the bosses corrosive blast timer, ~40 seconds, and not face him towards the raid when that is about to go off again.

Most of the wipes progressing on this fight happen in the first 2 or 3 minutes, so if you're getting to 7+ as you did in one of your attempts, you basically have the strategy down. Seriously consider adding a 3rd healer.

Mage side note: both of them really need to work on their up-times. For bombs, they're below 40% on some attempts, which is very undesirable. Even on a fight like this, where there is substantial down-time, that should be at least 75%+. I don't know if the mage from Ragnaros was a pug or is consistently running with the group, but he used Invocation (15% dmg buff, 60 sec duration) 14 times in an 8 minute fight. So, about 6 more times than he needed to. What's funny is that he still only managed a 60% uptime. Not sure how that's possible, but if you plan on bringing him again, tell him that is an absolute DPS loss to cast this before the buff has fallen off, and that generally you want a 95%+ uptime on this. The other mage is not much better in terms of up-time, but at least he only cast it 5 times in the 8 minute attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Serious? You can't just throw a link to a log up and think someone is going to come by and solve all your problems.
    Because responses like that are so much better?

OP, it looks like the biggest problems you have are people other than tanks eating corrosive blast and excessive stacks of the corruption debuff.

For the corrosive blast, it should be a positional thing and making sure the tanks are on top of their swaps so they don't have to taunt at the last second before corrosive blast goes out.

To deal with the debuffs, my group had 2 dps assigned specifically to burn the boss during corruption. All dps other than those 2 would get 3-4 stacks and then immediately pull off and only damage adds until the debuff was gone. This let healers only have to worry about dispels on 2 targets rather than getting overwhelmed with massive debuff stacks everyone. It also should help keep the adds under better control since you'll have 3-4 people dedicated to killing them.

Sha Corruption is handled extremely badly, and causing undue stress to healers. By extremely bad, I mean so bad that you really need to whip your raid members into shape.

Set a rule that NOBODY is to use single target skills on the boss whenever they have 3 stacks.

Now I am going to work on the healer-specific issues:

Disc Priest
    1) Glyph of Power Word: Shield is a self nerf to HPS. Why people still pick this is beyond me.
    2) Atonement healing 0. One of the biggest pitfalls as a disc priest on this fight - sure, it generates sha corruption, but the point is to take 3 stacks and don't generate anymore than that. Also makes the disc priest unable to generate Evangelism for Archangel. He can also spam atonement when the boss has no more stacks.
    3) For 10 mans, Cascade or Halo is way better for general purpose healing(the former for raid healing, and the latter for a balance between healing blobs and the raid).
    4) Divine Star slotted, cast a grand total of 4 times over a 3 minute fight. Makes me wonder if this talent was slotted for fun on his part.
    5) Mindbender cast once over a 3 minute fight.

This disc priest, has a lot to improve on, and this is an understatement.

Now, the Resto Druid
    1) Where's the Wild Mushroom: Bloom abuse? He should be repositioning this over a cluster of healer blobs and detonating for maximum effect, except 0 healing done to healer blobs from this spell.
    2) Harmony ~77% uptime. So low, this should be 100% uptime, is he using swiftmend on cd?

Resto Druid looks better, but he needs to brush up his class mechanics in relation to specific encounters.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

You can always tell what's going wrong by starting with Deaths. This fight is no exception, and it tells the whole story here:

Vankilme: Does not appear to know what Sha Corruption is at all. To be fair, Wild Quiver procs may be causing a sudden surge of stacks much like Elemental Overload kept messing with an Elemental Shaman I raided with.
    Storm: Congealed Sha were not tanked.
    Rootzi: Congealed Sha were not tanked.
    Asharavia: Not healed from incidental damage, possibly due to healers too strained dealing with the damage taken by others. Could have used Sacrificial Pact or Dark Bargain.
    Illeviate: Didn't stop in time for Sha Corruption but could have very easily survived with Dispersion.
    Jumanji: Didn't use Barkskin, though even with that he'd probably die right after anyway. Healers likely couldn't/wouldn't be able to get to him in time due to damage taken by others.

From there, you had to end it to start over, so I understand the rest.
    Last edited by Senka; 2014-05-02 at 12:42 AM.

thank you guys for the feedback (except the douche in the first reply). I will relay some of this to my raid team tonight and hopefully we can get a kill

and yeah the mage was a pug we usually don't run with

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Malganis View Post
    thank you guys for the feedback (except the douche in the first reply). I will relay some of this to my raid team tonight and hopefully we can get a kill

and yeah the mage was a pug we usually don't run with
    I wasn't being a douche. If you are here asking for help on Immerseus then you are going to be here a lot asking about the other bosses. Explain what is going on in your attempts and you will receive better, more specific advice.
    Last edited by Khorm; 2014-05-02 at 10:07 PM.