Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Improved Dungeon Journal + UI features

Seems like the DJournal for raid bosses is getting a TL: DR version added in WoD (atm only Garrosh in SoO has anything).
    You can see in the 1st screen that the normal tab for boss abilities is replaced with a basic fight overview. The original content has been given a new tab (fireball below loot tab)

A few other UI changes I've noticed:
    Mount frame finally getting the pet journal features
    In-game addon manager
    Tabbed keybindings menu

Seems a bit... much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really good improvements to the UI, especially the Addon manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Seems a bit... much.
    I agree. You might as well put an icy viens guide in the dungeon journal then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Seems a bit... much.
    In a game where 1/2 or more of the player base can't raid at a normal or heroic level because of complex mechanics that aren't explained in game, this is a welcome addition.

*Edit* Yes I know some outside sources explain it in an even better manner, but when I see the majority of Oqueue flex 3 groups wiping on Malk with an @ilvl 540 min, it means blizzard has some serious work to do, especially when they say their goal is to get more people past lfr.
    Last edited by Rehabveteran; 2014-04-30 at 12:38 AM.

That in game addon manager looks exactly like addon control panel. I'm not sure if I trust this post.

Is this guy a trusted dataminer?

Edit: after taking a look at the pictures again they do look pretty legit. It says 10-25 normal on the dungeon journal and the mount journal has the summon random mount button.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-04-30 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

That tl:dr dungeon journal is a god send cause I know most of the player base can't be assed to read the current version of it.

Not sure what I think of the TL;DR in the dungeon journal. Half the fun for me as a raid leader is figuring out fights from PTR footage and whatnot in the weeks before a raid tier releases. I wonder if they will do this for mythic mode fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though you guys think it's too much, most people still haven't opened up the dungeon guide once. This won't help people that refuse to read outside resources now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't tell you how to defeat or overcome the fight. It tells you what happens, should have been added with its incarnation in the first place. Most people are still too lazy, or rather hear someone else explain it, (see: videos.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't recall if the addon manager had a lot of load capacity, less addons that cause more load it's always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Not sure what I think of the TL;DR in the dungeon journal. Half the fun for me as a raid leader is figuring out fights from PTR footage and whatnot in the weeks before a raid tier releases. I wonder if they will do this for mythic mode fights.
    Whats displayed doesn't change when swapping to mythic, so it might not go into detail for mythic or it's just not implemented yet. I would guess it's the former and mythic only phases (something we've been told there will be more of) will not be included in the new overview. I think it's primary aim is for lfr - flex raiders. Not needing to rely on external sources for boss guides beforehand.

Tabbed Keybindings looks nice. The long scroll to get anywhere in the current list is kinda painful.

Great for LFR. Kinda useful for Flex and upwards. All in all, it's there for people who would use it, and those who don't need it need never look. It'd be cool if LFR got a prompt at each boss room to open their Dungeon Journal so that it was actually used more.

Edit: Didn't even see the extra links at the bottom, Mount panel yaaaaay, Addon panel yaaaay and omg tabbed keybindings absolutely ftw!

Not really sure about the format taken with the dungeon journal, but other features are welcome.
    The addon manager is nice, and in my opinion well overdue.
    Tabbed Keybinding UI is something so obvious you wonder why it was not there before.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well they are OK with not adding details about some heroic bosses in the journal, I don't see why they'd not do the same for mythic. Heck imo they should give you no journal entries for mythic at all
    Honestly at least they're keeping it in game. I like to scan it real quick before boss fights in case I forgot anything. It'd just be a pain to have to go google it (which ultimately is what everyone does anyway :P)

That's a big improvement, the current DJ varies from okay to borderline useless.

Can't wait for "random favourite mount", to replace my crummy macro that doesn't work half the time. Wonder if you can make it choose flying vs not flying...

Cleaning up the key remap UI? Bout freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    I agree. You might as well put an icy viens guide in the dungeon journal then.
    Why not? Icy veins' short summary section is excellent for this purpose. If you want really detailed strat then look at the 10 pages of gory detail they put on the site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Lol, that's the format Icy Veins uses.
    Duh, because it's the obvious sensible format.

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    If four dot points is all you need to master a fight... well you're much better at raiding than me. I generally find myself reading pages and pages of shit on Icy Veins and EJ.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-04-30 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't wait for "random favourite mount", to replace my crummy macro that doesn't work half the time. Wonder if you can make it choose flying vs not flying...
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=150544 suggests it'll use a flying mount over ground mount in flying areas. Not likely any way to force a ground mount.

It'll be a 'favourite' mount, which you can mark just like pets in the pet journal.

I'd be for the TL;DR part if the Dungeon Journal was more of a actual "Journal". During the fight, the abilities are noted in the Journal, with what your character would notice.

Like healers would notice with Garrosh 1st phase after the Iron Stars go off "Wow that blast sure did a lot of damage", Tanks would notice with the add's buff "That bloodied Hellscream's got some aura on him, these guards are hittting hard.", etc, etc.

Would be cool, and be a bit more of a resource without going "Here, haz everything."