Deleted

need some help for my lil bro's pc.

okay so heres the deal my lil bro still needs to buy 3 pieces for his pc but he doesnt know what to get and i got no clue either cuz i got a titan myself but he doesnt have that budget.

budget around 520 euro can be bit more not to much ofc
    1 x
    SAPPHIRE TOXIC R9 280X 3GB GDDR5, grafische kaart
    € 309,-*
    1 x
    GIGABYTE GA-Z87MX-D3H, socket 1150 moederbord
    € 122,90*
    1 x
    Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit, geheugen
    € 73,90*

total: 511Euro
    ----------------------------------------------------------

so this is what he is planning to get,do you guys got any other suggestions or any changes to make to any of those 3,
    that would make the build perform better ??

- - - Updated - - -

any1 that can help? he's planning to egt them tomorow so some fast insight would help alot

10+ Year Old Account
    For that budget, those are some good parts. Mostly, it'll come down to (talking responses here) manufacturer preference. As far as motherboards go, I prefer Asrock, Corsair for RAM is good, and you couldn't pay me enough to use an ATI video card lol. But again, just personal preference. I'd say go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    he has 0 preferences he wouldnt even mind goign with a gtx 770 cuz its the same price.

and about the motherboard is that really the best he can get for that ammount of money? or can he get better with spending a lil bit more? if so please show me some suggestions so i can check what the price is here for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Need more info... what does he have now? We need to know the rest of the system to know if those are proper upgrades or not. Is he MISSING those parts, and needs RAM, GPU, Mobo, or is he upgrading? What PSU does he have (Brand and model)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Need more info... what does he have now? We need to know the rest of the system to know if those are proper upgrades or not. Is he MISSING those parts, and needs RAM, GPU, Mobo, or is he upgrading? What PSU does he have (Brand and model)
    heres his list of what he has atm:

750 watt MS-Tech (PSU)
    1T (HDD)
    i5-4670k intel (processor)
    Aerocool XPredator White Edition (casing)
    Corsair Hydro Series H80i (cooler)

the rest he still needs aka vid card,motherboard,ram. budget 550 max
    Last edited by mmocbdbe7d8a96; 2014-05-02 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    See if you can't get an 1866 MHz RAM kit for the same price. I'm assuming that you're using Alternate.nl, so here you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    See if you can't get an 1866 MHz RAM kit for the same price. I'm assuming that you're using Alternate.nl, so here you go.
    yes i am and ty

Deleted
    Not sure if anything changed since last you checked it, but I got that gpu for 270 euro at alternate.

anyway. No point in getting a micro atx board if you are getting a normal sized case. I would go for either of these

MSI G45 gaming
    Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
    /gigabyte-ga-z87x-ud3h

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Not sure if anything changed since last you checked it, but I got that gpu for 270 euro at alternate.

anyway. No point in getting a micro atx board if you are getting a normal sized case. I would go for either of these

MSI G45 gaming
    Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
    /gigabyte-ga-z87x-ud3h

yes i changed some stuff around and i dindt even notice till like this morning that it was a micro,anyways this is whats planned.

http://www.alternate.nl/SAPPHIRE/TOX...7?event=search
    http://www.alternate.nl/GeIL/8-GB-DD...3?tk=7&lk=9334
    http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/1080880

10+ Year Old Account
    The GeIL ram you have is 1.65 volts, you'll want to get 1.5 volt ram. Should be the same price
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The GeIL ram you have is 1.65 volts, you'll want to get 1.5 volt ram. Should be the same price
    The GeiL range is fully Haswell-architecture certified, even at 1.65V. I have the 2400MHz kit in my rig (it cost less than the similar-priced 1600MHz kit, so that's why I got it). It works better with the 4670k, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    The GeiL range is fully Haswell-architecture certified, even at 1.65V. I have the 2400MHz kit in my rig (it cost less than the similar-priced 1600MHz kit, so that's why I got it). It works better with the 4670k, though.
    so should he get the 1.65v or 1.5v?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    so should he get the 1.65v or 1.5v?
    1.5v have reduced risk for Haswell, for sure.