How would you improve rifts?

Ok, so not at my home computer so I can't tell how many rifts I've done. Probably around 50-100. While I'm not quite burned out yet on them, I do feel they need a bit of sprucing up in future content patches. I could definitely go for some really wacky gameplay in rifts since Orek kind of touts them as being in a different dimension.

Some ideas I was thinking about (this is all random):
    Challenges -
    Starting with a conduit pylon buff and trying to trigger the rift boss to spawn. If you can't do this in time then this will result in a FAIL state (as in, you can't cause the rift boss to spawn) doesn't close the rift for you, you can still kill the mobs if you want and you still get the XP/gold rewards from orek.

2nd rift boss - Maybe a small chance to spawn a 2nd Rift guardian while fighting the first? It could spawn randomly at any time as soon as you engage the rift boss.

A rift where if you stop you start taking periodic damage, so you try to be on the move as much as you can.

Soul Swap - Starting as a treasure goblin. You get 150% movement and immunity to all CC except walls and slow. Each time you get hit you lose some loot. If you can make it to your goblin portal then you get to keep everything in his sack. This should be highly rewarding. When you make it to your portal the treasure goblin drops his sack and you get transported back to your body where you can then finish the rift as normal. So you only get access to the loot in the sack, anything that dropped before hand gets magically eaten

Or your character can spawn 3 times the size they normally are and can smash through walls (like those demon tremor things in act 3) and you're immune to waller, vortex and slows and each hit has a super high chance to perform a knock back.

You spawn half as small and can pass through enemies and have 90% dodge with a buff to IAS. Damaged reduced slightly.

The rift level is entirely underwater and results in odd ball physics effects (totally aesthetic rift).

You spawn as a completely different character class.

Your follower is replaced with a duplicate of yourself, except you can't change your class skills.

I think the rifts that have challenges attached to them should have some sort of "handicap" magic find buff to alleviate any frustrations players might have. Any other ideas? (also not quite sure how some of these would play out in groups, some just might have to be disabled)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vandalhart View Post
    Starting with a conduit pylon buff and trying to trigger the rift boss to spawn.
    Yeah, uhh... Never ever going to happen. Ever. Even if mobs were spawning nonstop on top of you you couldn't get from 0% to 100% in the time a single conduit buff lasts.

Start adding more variety to them. Are any events actually inside rifts? I can't actually remember finding one. They can add those I suppose if they want to be lazy about it, but adding a variety of optional side quest objectives could help down cut on the repetitive factor.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

how would I improve Rifts?

Make it so every 25% summons a Rift Boss, with the 100% boss being a lot harder.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

they just need to add the necromancer follower already
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    how would I improve Rifts?

Make it so every 25% summons a Rift Boss, with the 100% boss being a lot harder.
    I like this idea.

Also it needs more consistent density. Sometimes I'm swimming in mobs other times I go 10-15 seconds in between 2 or 3.

More variation. Same maps all the time. And often to bad maps where we run and look for mobs. I once made it to level 6 on a rift without boss spwaning...ofcourse bad rng, but still, it happend.

More challenges and random stuff. Why no cursed chestes etc inn a rift?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I would make it so you can use 50 or 100 Marquise Gems in combination with 5 Rift Fragments to make different buffs for your rift. Like using 50 Marquise Emeralds would give that one rift an increased 5000% on gold drops, using 50 Marquise Topaz would increase your Legendary Drop Chance by 5% (not like going from 1% to 1.05%, I mean a legitimate 6% drop chance). It doens't have to be these exact things, but eventually people are going to just have tens of thousands of gems with nothing to use them on because they have enough max level gems, and there's no point upgrading gems you can't use.

Some friends and I had other ideas, but I'll have to ask them.. can't remember atm.

Consistent density
    Shorter loading screens
    Remove certain zones - The rock maze from Act V in particular, I fucking hate that one.

And most of all, remove the need to do bounties in order to do rifts. Make rifts drop key fragments as well or just straight up remove them and make it so you don't need anything to do rifts.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle