Deleted

[BrM] Garrosh 10 M HC Stats priority

We are starting Garrosh progress and our Brewmaster is going for a full Mastery build + 4p t16.
    I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do as he will lose a lot of dps, your advice?

name/server so we can look at his armory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    name/server so we can look at his armory?
    Can't post links cause not enough posts yet

Name Kasten Server Mannoroth EU
    Might be his WW gear right now

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kasten/simple

Is he planning to solo tank? 65% Stagger and two stamina trinkets is about as conservative as you can get. Why wouldn't he try a night with his usual gemming/reforge before changing everything?

Keeping his current reforge but changing all his gems back to crit would give him 10k Mastery (59% stagger raid buffed.. which is still quite good) and 14k Crit, which seems closer to optimal. I personally go for crit softcap (60% raid buffed, usually 14-15k crit rating) and then into mastery, with double agility trinkets. He's losing out on 2000-2500 mastery by opting not to use the Ebon Detonator instead of one of his stamina trinkets.

In the end I think it will come down to meeting dps checks. If he's in a 10man, then tank damage is extremely siginifcant.
    Last edited by Enpoli; 2014-05-03 at 09:49 PM.

Pretty much what Enpoli said.

It's mostly about meeting the DPS requirement which is rather tight on Garrosh. Unless he's solo tanking (which he probably shouldn't as a monk) there's no need going all defensive mode.

Stuff like stamina trinkets and the stamina enchants on his shoulders and pants Oo are really unnecessary.

We've been working on Garrosh for a bit and have me solo tanking (because doing things the hard way is fun) and my stat priority is Crit to 54% unbuffed (it'll be 60% buffed which is dual wield softcap) and from there pouring everything into mastery. Higher elusive brew uptime will make you take less damage overall than flat out mastery stacking, in addition to the incredible amount of damage you'll do while tanking garrosh (keeping in mind crit benefits your 2 piece slightly because you put out guards faster).

For trinkets, Ticking Ebon Detonator is pretty much 100% our best in slot at all times unless you had something you specifically needed both a vial + rook's for (which you don't). There's honestly no reason not to have TED, the second trinket you can sort of pick based on what you and your raid wants. I personally run w/ Haromm's (was running a H TF Bad Juju before that) for the extra damage, but if you really want an extra bit of tankiness, then go with vial but its not truly necessary.

Here's my armory/set up for solo tanking H Garrosh so you have something to look at as well http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eblue/advanced
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Thanks, we 2 Tank and 1 Heal it.

If you are 2 tanking there is no reason you should even have the mastery @leblue has, there is just no reason for it, especially in 10 man. When I tanked 10 man Garrosh I was more than fine with 23.7k crit and 5-6k mastery. 1 tanking is a different story but as previously posted a brewmaster is not the best option for that. Damage is important in 10 man.

Tanking cloak and meta for progression for safety, and you do not need to run a full crit build if you are not comfortable with it, but there is also no reason not too, especially if your raid needs damage.
    Last edited by Zenlogic; 2014-05-05 at 03:40 AM.