Thread: I think that...

Deleted

I think that...

...people should probably hold off reading MMO Champion (and probably similar sites) until the new expansion arrives.

Why you wonder? You ponder? Well, like many others I would think, I recently decided to let my WoW subs expire due to the lack of new content. We've all battered Garrosh in one mode or another, we've done the achievements, the dailies, the farm. OH GOD THE FARM.

Anyway my point is WoW kicked off back in its early days, we were all blown away, 'Oh it's so pretty, yes yes oh by the lord is that a BLUE ITEM?!'. You get the picture, 'twas a spellbinding and enchanting time, it went onwards and with it we were riveted.

So to the point now... I just skimmed through the 'Quest preview' from WoD and was left thinking, hmm, if I keep doing this by the time the expansion lands I'm going to be pretty sure what I will see/read/expect from it. I think this is a bad thing. I know bridge lurkers will be thinking 'ffs derp don't read it then lolz' and that's a fair point in itself and yes, I don't think I will. The fact all of the new content is being slammed in our faces day by day until new content arrives will make it much less exciting when it does.
    I can understand why it happens, I'm sure Blizzard trickle things out to keep people's interest topped up, reminding us more glory awaits and we can still keep up the subs because we know they're working hard. I'd just like to roll back to a time where something comes out and we're a bit clueless. We can go exploring, ask questions, wonder about things without it all being scripted in a website like this one (don't get me wrong I've read this site a long time and kudos to the authors, you do a great job with it).

I guess this is just a hopeless plea to Blizzard... yes.. tease us with your fancy trailers and previews, but don't serve up the main course before we can actually buy it. Try to leave as much as you can to our imagination as you did before.

Disclaimer: I know this will be awfully difficult as you can't even take a pee these days without it being posted on Facebook. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't MMO-Champion done this since... ever?
    Not Blizzard doesn't do this, MMO-Champion posts what they datamind on to their servers.
    Just ignore it if you don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Just gonna throw this in here: http://www.wired.com/2011/08/spoiler...poil-anything/

Summary: people who got spoilers for things rated them *higher* in terms of enjoyment than people who didn't.