Poll: Your views on Death Penalty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    This forum never has and likely never will change my mind about anything important. I would wager that goes for nearly everyone else too.

For myself, I have always strongly supported harsher punishment for crime, including the death penalty. People should fear consequences.
    Why should somebody fear the consequences of their actions when they are already counting on not being caught in the first place? The punishment could be being boiled until dead and they wouldn't care because in their mind they will never be caught.

Where's the "depends" vote on the poll? Like, I'd support death penalty if it was exclusive to unrepentant serial killers (like, the type that say that the first thing they'd do if they were free is kill again, which are by no means common).
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C slightly changed my views on it by giving me more information about it. I used to I guess assume that the death penalty cost less than life imprisonment but since learning that it costs more I've moved from pro to sort of neutral. I still believe it should be in place for the vilest of the vile, and believe it perhaps should be reformed to not cost more if even possible, but otherwise no. It's a waste of money.

I'm still pro-chemical castration, which I haven't done the research on again (not really any chance of that happening here anyway) but would assume it would cost less than long prison times for such cases.