10+ Year Old Account

Problems with Gmod

Well the past two days my Gmod has been tabbing out. I tried uninstalling Gmod, updating steam, restarting my computer, virus scans, etc

I don't know what to do please help

Quote Originally Posted by Zangeiti View Post
    Well the past two days my Gmod has been tabbing out. I tried uninstalling Gmod, updating steam, restarting my computer, virus scans, etc

I don't know what to do please help
    You corrupted game files which were carried over by Steam after the reinstallation. You must delete ALL game files, and make sure Steam doesn't save them, otherwise when you reinstall, the files from your corrupted save will be re implemented. (When this happened to me in Morrowind, it took several weeks for me to figure this out). More than likely, your game is looking for files that are either not there, or messed up, and ends up crashing the game.

When you reinstall the game, make sure that everything is a fresh, clean slate. Don't try to carry anything over.

Your machine also might not be up-to-date on the game's system requirements (ie, old drivers). On a related note, you may be running the wrong version of the game (such as an old version), or a wrong client (perhaps you are trying to a run a 64bit version of Gmod, but your computer is only 32bit).