Thread: Cheating in pvp

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    I don't understand the need to defend PvP bots. Should be detected, should be banned are not really valid arguments for Blizzard.
    Completely agree, and unless I'm mistaken all bots rely on Click To Move to function. Does any legitimate player actually use Click To Move? I didn't even know it existed till a couple of months ago. If Blizzard simply removed Click To Move, I'd go as far to say all bots would stop working and any that were made consequently would be no-where near as advanced.

Alas they don't, and I may be bold in saying it, but I believe it's because Blizzard still technically earns subscription money from bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    If Blizzard simply removed Click To Move
    A very good suggestion. Wish they did that

Exploiting / cheating in RBGs is very common, here is a screen cap of a twin peaks RBG from earlier of the other team exploiting http://i.imgur.com/eKxFcHR.jpg

(we still won)

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Exploiting / cheating in RBGs is very common, here is a screen cap of a twin peaks RBG from earlier of the other team exploiting http://i.imgur.com/eKxFcHR.jpg

(we still won)
    LOL took me a minute to see, but that's pretty funny.

Cheating in pvp is the norm, always has been always will be. And this thread and OPs sadness is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    LOL took me a minute to see, but that's pretty funny.
    We won by sending my pet up there and shadow stepping a rogue up top and capping with less than a minute left

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    I'm starting to see auto-interrupt a loooooooot. It's really annoying but I still haven't come across anyone using it who was particularly good at playing their character, so it doesn't effect the outcome too much at least.

You know when crap happens to you and you ask in your mind "Wow! How do he do that"? Well, this was happening to me I would cast on someone say 2v1 and they had other person focused yet I get interrupted or so fast you think this person is the best of the best. You are right when I have seen this, it has been on marginal players at best. As casual as a player I am, I didn't even know there was such a cheat, until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    Don't wait for any client-side response. Press your ability key then immediately move to cancel it. Kickbots are actually quite easy to deal with once you realize it's in play.

So your solution is I am suppose to know who has a cheat and anticipate the cheat, instead of that person not cheating? Okay, I guess.

Deleted
    Never noticed any of these. Guess I'm lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NaxxAndFries View Post
    Never noticed any of these. Guess I'm lucky.
    No, you're just not watching carefully enough, also they're much harder to spot in a BG environment because there are so many targets with interrupts on the field at the same time - in arena they're like beacons.

It all tells a really sad story about the integrity of Blizzard and how little they care about it.

Deleted
    So tired of all these hunters using aimbots!

Why is this thread even open? All you are doing is advertising all those different types of cheats... There are a vast amount of players who do not cheat who frequent this website, they may be stuck in a low rating and you just gave them all kinds of ideas on how they can cheat to progress further. I for one did not know there was such thing as a lag switch, little google search and bam now I know where to get a lag switch courtesy of mmo champion.

ps: First week of the season I was pushing rating as much as possible in 2's, the mistweaver and I were undefeated till we faced a DK/HPriest team. I got the priest to 5% twice during the game, and I just could not land a KB on him. It kept telling me he was out of range and I could not use soul reaper on him. I felt this was extremely odd but I just figured he was lagging heavily, now I know different.
    Last edited by cerebro; 2014-05-11 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I've won a few games at >1300 rating 1v2 as a windwalker monk. i've never been able to get a res off in 2v2s, the opponents would have to be a special kind of bad to allow that.
    At a certain point if both enemies have full health and you're just a healer left, you're just being a dbag if you draw out the match as long as you can. you aren't getting a rez off against two non-potato players.

If you're a rogue or a mage or a ww monk, by all means go for it, its definitely possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Why is this thread even open? All you are doing is advertising all those different types of cheats... There are a vast amount of players who do not cheat who frequent this website, they may be stuck in a low rating and you just gave them all kinds of ideas on how they can cheat to progress further. I for one did not know there was such thing as a lag switch, little google search and bam now I know where to get a lag switch courtesy of mmo champion.
    Awareness is an important aspect of being an honest player. If a player doesn't know what a lag switch is, he won't be able to recognize and report it accurately. The players are much less likely to get punished without reports.

Deleted
    I for one did not know there was such thing as a lag switch, little google search and bam now I know where to get a lag switch courtesy of mmo champion.
    Good - hopefully as many people as possible will use these exploits in the future because it seems only massive negative publicity will make any kind of difference to Blizzard.

But in all reality, even that won't make any difference - they just don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor;27005309

[COLOR="#417394"
    - - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Awareness is an important aspect of being an honest player. If a player doesn't know what a lag switch is, he won't be able to recognize and report it accurately. The players are much less likely to get punished without reports.
    That makes sense, I guess we just have to weight the pro's and con's of this type of thread.

That makes sense, I guess we just have to weight the pro's and con's of this type of thread.
    Yeah it's a bit of a catch 22.

I've seen the interrupt one a lot, but one that is more obvious is some sort of super speed hack. Watched a paladin cross AV BG West to East side in about 2 seconds. Had to be 600%+ speed, have to be pretty stupid to use that one as I'm sure even a novice would recognize that as cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So your solution is I am suppose to know who has a cheat and anticipate the cheat, instead of that person not cheating? Okay, I guess.
    Well I wouldn't say it's at the point you should just expect everyone's running a bot, but you should probably be suspicious the first time someone instantly locks you. After that, you may as well use their cheating against them if you can. I'm not trying to say cheating should be tolerated; just that it's a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    auto interrupt
    auto skill use (defensive stance while stunned)
    lag switches
    ddos

seems like it's widely used and not punished. To what point can we get away with using things like these in rated pvp?
    well there's a slight (very vry small) chance you might get banned. but other than that, feel free I guess.
    ddos is very different though, since you're targeting a specific player which is actually a crime.

These cheats were rampant in CATA and they still are and Blizzard pretty much does nothing about it, maybe a slap on the wrist.

Deleted
    litereally just fought a hunter in ruins of lorderon, i kill his budy, and its down to 1v1, on 10% health he starts running on the spot, his pet attacking me but i cant attack him, every 15 secs or so he appears at a different place in arena with traps around, then suddenly he disapears all together, after hutning for a while i see his name plate outside the arena, his pet still attacking me. in this time i could hit him with aoe, but nothing else, i eventually beat him.

any ideas what that was? it only started happening when they were about to lose, made the game take 10mins longer than it neeeded.