Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    No, off with him. Tell him to bring some ice on the way back. And a charcuterie plate.

/pours a couple fingers of Laphroaig 25 year.
    Glen Garioch ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Um, alcohol is present in your body naturally and a small amount of alcohol is actually good for you. Or so I understand...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_the_h...cohol?#slide=1
    http://lifehacker.com/5684996/what-a...brain-and-body

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeven1301 View Post
    Oh, it's also worth noting that alcohol is actually poison to your body. The feeling of being tipsy or drunk is not a good thing at all, it is your body trying to fight off the poison and thus, letting other functions be sacrificed for the sake of keeping you alive.

Just thought I'd mention that as it's one of the other reasons I don't get it :P
    Just, no. No.

It's an intoxicant, it can be toxic, but your liver is equipped to metabolise it just fine in reasonable amounts. Caffeine is lethal, and damaging, at certain concentrations, don't drink that poisonous coffee!!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Just, no. No.

It's an intoxicant, it can be toxic, but your liver is equipped to metabolise it just fine in reasonable amounts. Caffeine is lethal, and damaging, at certain concentrations, don't drink that poisonous coffee!!
    Doesn't coffee cleanse the liver, or is that only going the other way? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    Doesn't coffee cleanse the liver, or is that only going the other way? lol
    It cleanses your colon, that's for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Everything else is consumed because it gives you a buzz. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and is not to be trusted.
    What about long drinks then? I drink them because I like the taste.

I also like "marhuľovica" (apricot spirit), which is how we call it around here, but you might know (probably not) the term "pálenka." We use it when talking about distilled spirits made from various fruits. I drink it for the taste more than anything, but it's very gentle and goes easy on you while still pretty high (normally 38% - 52%), so you can get shitfaced in a minute. It's specific to my country : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palenka
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2014-05-06 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Um, alcohol is present in your body naturally and a small amount of alcohol is actually good for you. Or so I understand...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_the_h...cohol?#slide=1
    From what i've read, it's OK to drink up to 20 grams of alcohol (96*, ethanol, you get it) or ~50 grams of vodka if you do math, do math for other drinks considering their content of alcohol. It will be out of your body in next morning. Drinking, for example, 30 grams, will leave some ethanol in your body and it will cause some problems.

The thing is, ethanol naturally presents in your body, and your body can get rid of it, if you add more ethanol via drinking it, your body won't be able to get rid of that amount and it will remain in your body until the next run of "getting rid of it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    From what i've read, it's OK to drink up to 20 grams of alcohol (96*, ethanol, you get it) or ~50 grams of vodka if you do math, do math for other drinks considering their content of alcohol. It will be out of your body in next morning. Drinking, for example, 30 grams, will leave some ethanol in your body and it will cause some problems.

The thing is, ethanol naturally presents in your body, and your body can get rid of it, if you add more ethanol via drinking it, your body won't be able to get rid of that amount and it will remain in your body until the next run of "getting rid of it"
    Not being bad for you isn't the same as being actually good for you. The link Raeven1301 posted was interested; the data showed that proportionally more people who don't drink at all of the sample group died than those who drank lightly; and whilst that has been interpreted as a physiological advantage; its been suggested that it might just be that the many other aspects of keeping mind+body going as you enter into the twilight years are facilitated by light drinking. Light drinkers are more sociable and the benefits of being social produces this longevity; rather than the alcohol itself... Was an interesting read
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Only alcoholic drink I can really enjoy drinking is Ginger Beer :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't drink any alcohol and I hate the taste.

...with the exception of tequila and tequila sunrise lol. Those two I can tolerate and actually say that I like the taste, but I still refuse to drink any.
    Hates the taste of alcohol.

Likes the taste of tequila.

Sounds legit.

Can stand whiskey sours, that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    well for starters if your drinking alcohol for the taste your doing it wrong. the sole purpose of alcohol is to have a girl drink it so they are to drunk to reject you then u fuck them. simple truth
    So basically, you advocate date rape.

Good to know.
    Putin khuliyo

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It's the only alcohol I can smell without wanting to throw up lol.
    Literally backwards.

There's a few solid archetypes amongst people who enjoy drinking, and hating the smell of everything but tequila is pretty rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best drink ever:

The Last Word
    Equal parts
    Gin
    Maraschino liqueur
    Green Chartreuse
    Line juice

Shake, then strain into a low ball

Best drink ever.

Though if you don't mind bitter, Negronis are awesome too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    only beer ill drink is mikes hard lemonade thats it.
    I enjoy one of those from time to time. However everyone I know calls it adult koolaid and not beer. Which I would agree.

You'll get used to it. I used to hate every type of alcohol, but now its all the same kinda. Beer tastes kinda gross, but after a few, it starts to taste really good. Hard lemonade and ciders are delicious. Only thing i can't drink is vodka, whiskey and Pisanq (due to a series of unfortunate events that happened when i was 13 years old).

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    You'll get used to it. I used to hate every type of alcohol, but now its all the same kinda. Beer tastes kinda gross, but after a few, it starts to taste really good. Hard lemonade and ciders are delicious.
    Yeah I agree with this.

At one point when I didnt have that much money and "had to" buy the cheapest beer there was which had quite a bitter taste to it so I also bought a few hard lemonades / long-drinks which I drank first to get a little buzz.
    It kinda feels like getting a wee little buzz kinda dulls your tastebuds so you dont taste the bitterness / alcohol in the beer so strongly so even the cheap stuff is drinkable after you're a bit tipsy

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    It kinda feels like getting a wee little buzz kinda dulls your tastebuds so you dont taste the bitterness / alcohol in the beer so strongly so even the cheap stuff is drinkable after you're a bit tipsy
    It's a combination of getting used to the taste, getting buzzed enough to not care about the taste, and losing taste and olfactory sense as you get older.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    only beer ill drink is mikes hard lemonade thats it.
    ...thats not beer...lol

as for me...i think shit beer like Corona, budweiser, heineken taste like shit because they are garbage. Im pretty sure beers like that just come from old bar rags wrung out into a bottle. If you are basing your opinion on that, then you really need to try good beer.

Also, tequila is my drink of choice, actually have a bottle of reposado milagro next to me. One of their limited edition ones. so smooth.

Most alcoholic beverages are acquired tastes, especially things with high alcohol content. Even when I loved beer, it took me awhile to get used to the taste of neat bourbon. If you don't want to acquire that taste, don't.