Simcraft and Ted

Hello, first thread on this forum, been a long time lurker and finally decided to join the community as I often find myself going through these forums when, frankly, I have nothing better to do. This question has probably been covered in a post, so by all means tell me if it is a repeat; the question has to do with using simcraft to track trinket uptime, particularly the ticking ebon detonator, as it scales with stats. I am not well versed in Simcraft by any means, so I thought I'd ask you guys to get some good information. The question is this: Is there a way that I can track TED's uptime as it scales with varying levels of haste?
    Last edited by Summis; 2014-05-13 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summis View Post
    The question is this: Is there a way that I can track TED's uptime as it scales with varying levels of haste?
    No trinkets scale with haste anymore. Only the legendary meta and cloak do but even then it's pretty small.

Also to check an uptime on a trinket (or any buff) is once you are done simulating you can look at the buff tab which will show all uptimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    No trinkets scale with haste anymore. Only the legendary meta and cloak do but even then it's pretty small.

Also to check an uptime on a trinket (or any buff) is once you are done simulating you can look at the buff tab which will show all uptimes.
    Thank you, I guess I'm just looking for any possible means however slight to increase the chance for the trinket to proc and increase uptime, maybe to somehow increase the speed of the multiplier mechanic behind it, but it seems like hopes of that are slim.

Pray to RNGesus
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Summis View Post
    Thank you, I guess I'm just looking for any possible means however slight to increase the chance for the trinket to proc and increase uptime, maybe to somehow increase the speed of the multiplier mechanic behind it, but it seems like hopes of that are slim.
    You must sacrifice exactly 12.7568 goats to the rng gods and dance in a salt circle.

But seriously nothing you can do but just hope.

Just gotta /pray.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    Pray to RNGesus
    RNGesus LOL

Its really hard to sim, when it can proc of anything

The pet has a slight chance to proc the trinket, when you have been out of combat for a significant amount of time and the multiplier is maxed the pet will trigger the proc almost immediately. After that the chance is very small you are going to get a proc out of just your pet attacking until the multiplier is at a significant level. When the multiplier passes 2.5x the chance you will get a proc from one of your abilities becomes pretty high and you will probably get one in the next few seconds, which means that every single action you do has a chance to proc the trinket. If each ability has a chance to proc the trinket then by that logic the more abilities you can do in a certain amount of time will increase your chance to proc the trinket, correct me if I'm missing something. So if you increase your haste enough that you can gain lets say 5 more GCD's in 2 minutes then you have 5 more chances to proc the trinket.

Go to results, scroll down to buffs (about 1/3 of the way down), should be called ticking_ebon_detonator, with an up-time % listed next to it.