Blizz Thinks RE is Going to be Attractive?

How on earth do empty GCDs make RE attractive? If anything, Runic Corruption becomes more attractive (was always my preference anyway) to lesson your empty GCDs with frequent 100% rune regen boost.

Ahh, mmo-champ's 3 month old tweet roundups strike again.

None of the three rune regen talents have anything to do with GCDs.

Exactly my point. Why would RE be more popular if it's got nothing to do with GCDs? Meanwhile, BT is usable whenever and RC is a buff.

If they want more using RE, have it be 35% chance to proc from attacks, including white damage. (Though granted, that'd make DW more popular, so some tuning would be in order.)

I don't want that talent tier to exist anymore ):
    and screw empty GCDs

I guess it will stay popular amongst lfr players?

Normal and heroic raiders, eh not so much, there is absolutely zero reason to take it over the other 2 choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    How on earth do empty GCDs make RE attractive? If anything, Runic Corruption becomes more attractive (was always my preference anyway) to lesson your empty GCDs with frequent 100% rune regen boost.
    Open GCDs make it less penalizing to perform RE gaming.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Gaming is leaving a rune unused. You gain a GCD (or half of one, at least) by leaving that rune up. Can you explain?

Oh, I see what you mean. Nothing to do with gaming, just that it's slightly (12.5%) more efficient than the alternatives, so you get slightly better returns, and that consumes slightly more GCDs. That's true enough, but it's a tiny difference. That tiny fraction of a GCD isn't why so few use RE today, and it's not a gear scaling concern. It didn't make a difference in 5.0 with LFR gear, when DKs weren't GCD-locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Gaming is leaving a rune unused. You gain a GCD (or half of one, at least) by leaving that rune up. Can you explain?
    Because the whole rotation has been slowed, so the windows to game RE have been relaxed (less penalizing); sitting on runes/RP is a possibility that didn't previously exist while GCD-capped, which makes biasing certain rune types for RE easier.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Does that actually have any real-world (err, real-game) impact? Free GCDs definitely allow resource pooling, I just don't see why that makes RE more attractive.

I don't get what you mean by biasing certain rune types. DW frost has a bias against unholy, 2H doesn't have a bias, blood against blood (kinda), and unholy can't use RE because it needs FeS to extend diseases. But you can do all that stuff in a fully GCD-locked scenario, you just leave a rune unused. That frees a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Does that actually have any real-world (err, real-game) impact? Free GCDs definitely allow resource pooling, I just don't see why that makes RE more attractive.
    I think the logic is that more free globals makes RE easier to game, so the number of people who go with RC for ease of use will decrease.

i thought RE was best (or well, best if you dont want to hassle with BT) for 2H frost, as you gain the runes right away and can therefore use KM right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    i thought RE was best (or well, best if you dont want to hassle with BT) for 2H frost, as you gain the runes right away and can therefore use KM right away.
    Nope. All the talents offer basically the same performance. BT (and macroed BT) simmed the same as RE.