Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I notice that there's been a lot of articles and news coverage on people fighting back against intruders/robbers. They need to be shot more. Preferably not to death as dead people can't learn lessons. I just wish there was some better way to prevent this kind of behavior.

Stealing things that don't belong to you that people worked for. Endangering lives. These kinds of people don't need to be here. There is no use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Just be glad I didn't mention race in the OP
    I heard if you say his name three times, he will appear suddenly.

Take a wild guess who the Darwin Award should go to in this debate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    Stealing things that don't belong to you that people worked for. Endangering lives. These kinds of people don't need to be here. There is no use for them.
    Not related to the thread but I love Frank's hot sauce
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

There was a similar similar to this a few months back where a shop owner shot another robber, with the robber's family threatening legal action. Now we have this family threatening legal action and attacking the CWP system instead of realizing that their family member was a violent crook. If he was such a bright young man he wouldn't have threatened the lives of everyone in that diner. This story made me wonder if a good number of people actually think that way, because the thought process of the family is completely strange.
    Yes, there are morons who actually think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    I notice that there's been a lot of articles and news coverage on people fighting back against intruders/robbers. They need to be shot more. Preferably not to death as dead people can't learn lessons. I just wish there was some better way to prevent this kind of behavior.
    You can't stop stupid. Even stupid people don't realize that if you go around pointing guns at people someone might have a problem with that and kill you.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-05-06 at 12:43 AM.

All this video does is re-enforce that CWP isn't just for " fucking psychos ". And maybe, just maybe, it has real world applications.

What's with all of these stories of criminals being killed and it being a travesty, you'd think people would just realize that by not being a criminal your chances of not being shot increase by a lot. Not to mention these seemed like violent criminals, the man's a hero in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I can't stand when people say this. When you have to draw your gun you don't shoot to wound.
    This. Nobody shoots to wound in real life. Shooting to wound is pure Hollywood fiction.

Man that lady did not seem sad at all this guy is dead. Unless humor is one of the stages of grief I forgot about.

10+ Year Old Account
    This place is not too far from my husband & I. Spartanburg can be pretty f'n shady. Went once to see MC Chris & Unknown Hinson @ Ground Zero; the bar/venue was fun but the city of Spartanburg is NOT a place I'd ever want to drive around/sight see or go to the damn Waffle House. Every single Waffle House down here seems to get hit on a regular basis. blap, no thnx
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    All this video does is re-enforce that CWP isn't just for " fucking psychos ". And maybe, just maybe, it has real world applications.
    How in the world would this be a real world application? You probably have. Better chance of being in a terrorist attack than having the time and space to actually use your firearm in a multi-second robbery
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    How in the world would this be a real world application? You probably have. Better chance of being in a terrorist attack than having the time and space to actually use your firearm in a multi-second robbery
    Because this happened in the real world? And seeing this is a tad more common then terrorist attacks on US soil, i'd venture to say your argument is complete bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because this happened in the real world? And seeing this is a tad more common then terrorist attacks on US soil, i'd venture to say your argument is complete bullshit.
    Are armed robberies more common? There are not enough instances on a daily basis that would ever define a CCP as a legitimate counter measure. Stop magnifying isolated incidents as legitimate policy proposals to violent crime.

Are armed robberies more common? There are not enough instances on a daily basis that would ever define a CCP as a legitimate counter measure. Stop magnifying isolated incidents as legitimate policy proposals to violent crime.
    Seeing your original argument was based on the probability of being in a terroristic attack was more likely to happen, then an instance of having to use a firearm in close quarters. Again, that statement is complete BS, and there are over 100 instances of CWP actually working. And a handful of domestic terrorist attacks.

Also yes, let's just allow honest citizens to be at the whim of criminals, because doing nothing is a better alternative.
    Last edited by Stop Pretending; 2014-05-06 at 02:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing your original argument was based on the probability of being in a terroristic attack was more likely to happen, then an instance of having to use a firearm in close quarters. Again, that statement is complete BS, and there are over 100 instances of CWP actually working. And a handful of domestic terrorist attacks.

Also yes, let's just allow honest citizens to be at the whim of criminals, because doing nothing is a better alternative.
    Who is saying that? Why do you have to be an absolutist? If CCP is such an effective crime prevention tool why isn't it used by LEOs to educate the populace? Is it because of the limousine liberals, or the militant homosexual lobby, or maybe the ivory tower Marxist professors and climate scientists scheming for more ways to keep their 5 figure salaries and their lucrative grant money.

Who is saying that? Why do you have to be an absolutist? If CCP is such an effective crime prevention tool why isn't it used by LEOs to educate the populace? Is it because of the limousine liberals, or the militant homosexual lobby, or maybe the ivory tower Marxist professors and climate scientists scheming for more ways to keep their 5 figure salaries and their lucrative grant money.
    I'm still waiting for your statistical data to prove this claim:

Also hard to take any argument you try form , when you label people in favor of CWP as " Limousine liberals" or part of a "militant homosexual lobby ", as fact based, or even thought out on any level.

Good night.

Deleted
    As long as he doesn't endanger other people anymore, everything is justified.

Just be glad I didn't mention race in the OP
    Oh god no, edit your post fast or he might find this thread with some search filters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess that whole "Americans can own guns to protect themselves." thing works sometimes doesn't it?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.