Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Guess that whole "Americans can own guns to protect themselves." thing works sometimes doesn't it?
    Used more often for defense than in crime even by the most conservative estimates.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It's amazing how many A grade students turn to armed robbery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Used more often for defense than in crime even by the most conservative estimates.
    You mean estimates by conservatives? LOL.

That abstract says nothing to support your thesis, incidentally. Page number maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A robber was killed in the process of robbery? I see no downside.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's amazing how many A grade students turn to armed robbery.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean estimates by conservatives? LOL.

That abstract says nothing to support your thesis, incidentally. Page number maybe?
    pg 16

The CDC is not conservative, and neither am I. Even the most conservative numbers put defensive uses more common than violent crimes with guns.

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence, although the exact number remains disputed (Cook and Ludwig, 1996; Kleck, 2001a). Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million (Kleck, 2001a), in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008 (BJS, 2010). On the other hand, some scholars point to a radically lower estimate of only 108,000 annual defensive uses based on the National Crime Victimization Survey (Cook et al., 1997). The variation in these numbers remains a controversy in the field. The estimate of 3 million defensive uses per year is based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys. The former estimate of 108,000 is difficult to interpret because respondents were not asked specifically about defensive gun use.
    A different issue is whether defensive uses of guns, however numerous or rare they may be, are effective in preventing injury to the gun-wielding crime victim. Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was “used” by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I mourn the passing of another proud and strong black brother, forced to commit crimes against his moral and gentle instincts due to the injustice and savagery of white privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    I mourn the passing of another proud and strong black brother, forced to commit crimes against his moral and gentle instincts due to the injustice and savagery of white privilege.
    Them bullets be racist!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Them bullets be racist!
    It is obvious this white man purposely went to this Waffle House in the African part of town looking for trouble. He sat there in wait until the place was robbed by misguided, promising, and proud African youth, just so he could execute them. He knew if they had gotten that money they would have used it to better themselves through education, or entrepreneurial ventures. The white man can't have that, so he shot them.

Infracted: Please do not derail threads
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-05-06 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    It is obvious this white man purposely went to this Waffle House in the African part of town looking for trouble. He sat there in wait until the place was robbed by misguided, promising, and proud African youth, just so he could execute them. He knew if they had gotten that money they would have used it to better themselves through education, or entrepreneurial ventures. The white man can't have that, so he shot them.
    You really want this to be about race don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    You really want this to be about race don't you.
    Sarcasm while difficult to sense via text, should be pretty obvious here.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is this? An actual use of a gun used correctly?On Moo-champion? What? Soon we will have threads about hunter safety courses, the world is going to end!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Sarcasm while difficult to sense via text, should be pretty obvious here.
    If you don't think that sarcasm was trying to bring race into the issue I don't know what to tell you. Sorry, I'll stop there. Don't want to get infracted like that guy for derailing.

Justified. If the two thieves were worried about getting shot, they shouldn't have tried armed robbery.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Craig should be charged with murder for the death of his accomplice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Craig should be charged with murder for the death of his accomplice.
    Best idea ive heard all day.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I heard if you say his name three times, he will appear suddenly.
    Boos..ARGHHHEFDVIKHNEHJNVGIEHVGPI

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Boos..ARGHHHEFDVIKHNEHJNVGIEHVGPI
    What about Themius?

What about Themius?
    Goddamn it. That's once.

They came in armed. Maybe if he didn't fire his own weapon on them, nobody would have been hurt at all. But this wouldn't have been the last time they held a place up. What about the next time?

Don't threaten people with harm and expect to get away with it. It's simple. In my eyes he took his own life. That is sad, but that's how it is.

I don't expect anyone to lie down and let someone abuse them with the threat of harm or death when they can stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for law abiding citizen. He did exactly as anyone should do in that situation.

I'm glad to see he made it out unharmed from that situation.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Would have been nice if it wasn't fatal, simply because that guy is going to have a hard time dealing with killing someone.

Otherwise, don't try to rob people at gun point when you live in a country where a crap lot of people also have guns.