Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Really dude? Did you just criticize someone for basing their information on assumptions? REALLY?
    I know right? I understand that people can discredit my claim on "assumptions" but at least they are based on seeing what has happened with ever new system they've added since Wrath, none of which have been overly positive in anyway (where social effects are concerned.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's been a disaster, however they finally have a leadership team that isn't trying to reinvent the game every few weeks. It's shaping up to be a pretty decent game nowadays.

@OP: Seriously though, I'd give Rift another shot. It really is the most TBC-esque MMO on the market today. It still suffers from performance issues sadly (wtb fucking multi-core support), but the amount of content in the game is pretty massive. It's F2P and the only think locked behind a paywall are the souls from the most recent expansion (and as of Wednesday the next batch of souls), but unless you're looking to do some serious play, you can easily get by with the starting souls.
    I'm probably screwed. Unless Rift has a decent number of mid range players the process of getting to join in content isn't appealing. Like I said, I played at their 6th month anniversary. Once the free weekend ended, I wasn't seeing another player in the lvl 20 range for hours out in the world. That's what got me to quit.
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2014-05-06 at 01:55 AM.

Really dude? Did you just criticize someone for basing their information on assumptions? REALLY?
    Is not only information. It's fact. They are making WoD BC 2.0 and then some. Story line, raid (feel) wise , achievement wise. It's an upgraded BC. If you don't like WoD you'll never like wow again period.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Firefall is fun but is completely different than what you are asking for.
    Yeah, heavy focus on open world. It has a few dungeons and it's getting a raid but...

It's a jet pack shooter. :P

If you are looking for a tab target game, this is not it lol
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I know right? I understand that people can discredit my claim on "assumptions" but at least they are based on seeing what has happened with ever new system they've added since Wrath, none of which have been overly positive in anyway (where social effects are concerned.)

I'm probably screwed. Unless Rift has a decent number of mid range players the process of getting to join in content isn't appealing. Like I said, I played at their 6th month anniversary. Once the free weekend ended, I wasn't seeing another player in the lvl 20 range for hours out in the world. That's what got me to quit.

ROfL what.... the game got BETTER after WOTLK. the fact that cataclysm sucked doesn't mean the game didn't get BETTER. It's gotten EVEN BETTER im MOP. there is absolutely NO challenge from other mmo's thanks to how good they have made wow in almost every aspect of the game. In paper they are fixing PVP in WoD. we shall see if they can finally hit that. they already have made PVE close to perfect with WoD changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I consider myself a gamer and I don't find myself sitting on the sidelines.
    Same.

Weird how when people claim to be a 'true' member of a group, they tend to be the ones with an overinflated opinion of themselves. Heck, even Garrosh does it with his 'True Horde'.

I still don't know why people hate LFG and LFR so much. Its not like you're forced to use them. It you want to play WoW 'properly', then join a raiding guild and/or make friends. If you can't do that, then maybe you're not cut out for this sort of game.

- - - Updated - - -

Flex Raiding. Challenge Modes.

Argument invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Flex Raiding. Challenge Modes.
    Argument invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    ROfL what.... the game got BETTER after WOTLK. the fact that cataclysm sucked doesn't mean the game didn't get BETTER. It's gotten EVEN BETTER im MOP. there is absolutely NO challenge from other mmo's thanks to how good they have made wow in almost every aspect of the game. In paper they are fixing PVP in WoD. we shall see if they can finally hit that. they already have made PVE close to perfect with WoD changes.
    I don't want both of you genius thinking I couldn't rise up to smack the stupid out of the room.

1. I made notion that Garrisons seem like they are going to further push the game in the direction of solo isolation standing in an empty area waiting for a que to pop. The que in this example Blizzards new version of oQueue.

2. Acting as if LFD, LFR, Random BGs, and most other "quality of life" updates haven't heavily effected being out in the world leaving most players running around in circles waiting for que pops is flat out ignorant.

3. What "can" or "does" transpire for a lot of people in the meantime of those que pops are Dailies and Farming. Both have been already as equally elluded to "going the fuck away" as flying has. We will have max level progression quests but so far not dailies. Farming, being more structured due to Profession overhauling, will most likely also go away. Or at the very least, what we've come to know of them will no longer exist.

4. That sort of leads to the assumption that a great number of players will be "elsewhere" most likely phased in their Garrisons (completely removed from even Capital Cities which has been a bitch since TBC), vanished from other players.

Now.. where any of that has a single fucking thing to do with Flex in your mind completely comes from trying to have an argument that wasn't being brought up.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Is not only information. It's fact. They are making WoD BC 2.0 and then some. Story line, raid (feel) wise , achievement wise. It's an upgraded BC. If you don't like WoD you'll never like wow again period.
    Again, you are basing your information on assumptions. "They are making WoD BC 2.0 and then some." is not fact, it is an assumption. Perhaps you don't understand what fact means.
    Perhaps you are the kind of person who uses "literally" when they actually mean "figuratively"

Again, you are basing your information on assumptions. "They are making WoD BC 2.0 and then some." is not fact, it is an assumption. Perhaps you don't understand what fact means.
    Perhaps you are the kind of person who uses "literally" when they actually mean "figuratively"
    He also doesn't seem to fucking understand that "Story" had nothing to do with the forum question. He also doesn't understand that "raid (feel)" isn't happening either. This is the automatic flag that he didn't play/raid in tbc.

Hard to find a modern MMO that goes out of its way to be awkward, inconvenient and waste hours of your time. Didn't TOR launch without a group finder and got excoriated for it?

You could always play wow and pug your raids and dungeons like you used to in TBC. They didn't remove trade chat you know... in fact openraid makes this easier than ever...

- - - Updated - - -

2. Acting as if LFD, LFR, Random BGs, and most other "quality of life" updates haven't heavily effected being out in the world leaving most players running around in circles waiting for que pops is flat out ignorant.
    As opposed to sitting in SW/Org/Shatt spamming trade for a group for hours on end?

At least I can actually do things while waiting for a queue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hard to find a modern MMO that goes out of its way to be awkward, inconvenient and waste hours of your time. Didn't TOR launch without a group finder and got excoriated for it?
    I can't remember if it had a group finder or not, but it didn't have any end game raid content for months after it released.

From beta, wildstar. From raid content to the literal theme.

I would also argue that it is shaping up to be one of the best alternative to WoW mmos ever.
    Chronomancer Club

I can't remember if it had a group finder or not, but it didn't have any end game raid content for months after it released.
    It didn't have a group finder launch.
    It launched with EV10/20 full raid and KP10/20 first boss.
    In 1.1 KP was expanded.
    In 1.2 EC 10/20 was added with group finder.

So... yeah. Launched with 1.5 raids. Had 3 raids within a few months of launch. But, you know, fact.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    From beta, wildstar. From raid content to the literal theme.

I would also argue that it is shaping up to be one of the best alternative to WoW mmos ever.
    I agree. Wildstar has the things people liked about TBC with a mix of Vanilla things in a moddern MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It didn't have a group finder launch.
    It launched with EV10/20 full raid and KP10/20 first boss.
    In 1.1 KP was expanded.
    In 1.2 EC 10/20 was added with group finder.

So... yeah. Launched with 1.5 raids. Had 3 raids within a few months of launch. But, you know, fact.
    Ah. Perhaps it was just there being so few bosses that people were complaining about there being no end game.

Ah. Perhaps it was just there being so few bosses that people were complaining about there being no end game.
    No, it was that they were too easy and the puzzle boss was bugged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    No, it was that they were too easy and the puzzle boss was bugged.
    Ah. I had only really experienced the game during like the last few weeks of closed beta when they didn't have any Operations in (or perhaps like 1 boss, I can't remember, it was a long time ago and I didn't enjoy my experience with the game or devs at all)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is the closest one I know.

- - - Updated - - -

To respond with everyone....

I tried Rift two years ago. My particular issue with Rifts was both the complex fucking lengths you had to go to in order to get the video settings right (or that it refuses to work well with half of the entire gpus on the market) and how awful the combat was.

I think the game was pretty, had neat ideas, but completely feels like a barren wasteland even 6 months after launch because you really NEVER have to create a second character. Also, the game felt super clunky in combat and lacked any sense of fluidity and seemingly I had ZERO depth perception in that game.

I've had no experience with Star Wars. Anyone had any experience with Firefall?
    Rift has massively improved since launch. Like massively. Swtor is great if you can ignore the cringe worthy cartel market, but has a great story with average combat and dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close. WoD will be sitting in your Garrison waiting for Blizzards version of oQueue to pop.

I know that the genre is different but I'm more focused on the social feel. I find it odd how much of the "mmo" philosophy is really "msprgp" in wow.
    "Massively Single Player Role Playing Game."
    It wont pop you into the instance. You still have to run there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want both of you genius thinking I couldn't rise up to smack the stupid out of the room.

Now.. where any of that has a single fucking thing to do with Flex in your mind completely comes from trying to have an argument that wasn't being brought up.
    Oh my god the irony.
    Hi

Deleted
    Have you been sleeping under a rock for the last year? Everyone who wants the WoW classic/TBC raiding experience is hyped for Wildstar, except you. Well, welcome to the hype train I guess. Better late than never.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a WoW realm with high population on last Vanilia patch or last TBC patch, if you search long enough.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*