Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is there an MMO out there like...

wow Tbc era?

I'm seriously asking for this. I can't shake that LFD, LFR, Cross realm and other quality of life features in WoW have basically ruined the average player to player interaction in the game. Looking forward to WoD and their implementation of an official oQueue I'm left perceiving that it's going to basically become a sit in your garrison and wait for a popup "accept" button.

I'd like something with Dungeons and possibly Raids but mainly a huge focus on open world interaction and going ons. I'd like to avoid anything with instant teleport que systems.

Have you tried Rift?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    The closest game I have played to tbc wow is probably Rift, although it still has dungeon queueing. It has seperate 10 and 25 man dungeons of a single difficulty, or did when I played it last summer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope... Most MMOs now have a LFG system... Moving with the times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Have you tried Rift?
    Hehe, got there before me.

Wildstar gives off that feel a little,I've also heard they promised no nerfs to bosses. It does have popup ques though haha.

Rift does also but I didn't find it fun simply because in the end all I was doing for my "rotation" was spamming macros with 5 attacks in them adding 3 off global procs to all my burst stuff etc. Plus rogues with run spec in whitefall were sooooo annoying lol,and not a lot of people left.
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2014-05-06 at 12:30 AM.

Rift is in my experience a shitty wow clone trying to catch up to wow. I'd suggest Wildstar over Rift if you want something closer to BC any day.

The unfortunate reality is, the money is in satisfying the masses. True gamers (people that truly identify themselves as a gamer) kind of sit on the sidelines, because we aren't really that common. Most people that play WoW are more casual and they aren't major gamers other than occasional WoW. This in itself, is perfectly fine, but since they outnumber us so badly, their demands are way louder than ours, and they want very accessible, cross realm, etc content, and they get it.

The social side effects of this reality (cross realm and accessibility) are basically inevitable and true gamers suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by chriz2fer View Post
    True gamers (people that truly identify themselves as a gamer) kind of sit on the sidelines, because we aren't really that common.
    I consider myself a gamer and I don't find myself sitting on the sidelines.

To respond with everyone....

I tried Rift two years ago. My particular issue with Rifts was both the complex fucking lengths you had to go to in order to get the video settings right (or that it refuses to work well with half of the entire gpus on the market) and how awful the combat was.

I think the game was pretty, had neat ideas, but completely feels like a barren wasteland even 6 months after launch because you really NEVER have to create a second character. Also, the game felt super clunky in combat and lacked any sense of fluidity and seemingly I had ZERO depth perception in that game.

I've had no experience with Star Wars. Anyone had any experience with Firefall?

Firefall is fun but is completely different than what you are asking for.

Firefall is a third person shooter with rocket boots and vehicles.

It is exactly like WoW's TBC era and I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    WoD (soon)TM
    Not even close. WoD will be sitting in your Garrison waiting for Blizzards version of oQueue to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Firefall is a third person shooter with rocket boots and vehicles.

It is exactly like WoW's TBC era and I highly recommend it.
    I know that the genre is different but I'm more focused on the social feel. I find it odd how much of the "mmo" philosophy is really "msprgp" in wow.
    "Massively Single Player Role Playing Game."

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Not even close. WoD will be sitting in your Garrison waiting for Blizzards version of oQueue to pop."

you are assuming this is going to happen. WoD WILL be BC 2.0 and then some.
    Last edited by Teddybearavenger; 2014-05-06 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    firefall is a disaster its been changed atleast twice since they announced it and its still in beta..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    wow Tbc era?

I'm seriously asking for this. I can't shake that LFD, LFR, Cross realm and other quality of life features in WoW have basically ruined the average player to player interaction in the game. Looking forward to WoD and their implementation of an official oQueue I'm left perceiving that it's going to basically become a sit in your garrison and wait for a popup "accept" button.

I'd like something with Dungeons and possibly Raids but mainly a huge focus on open world interaction and going ons. I'd like to avoid anything with instant teleport que systems.
    ESO has a LFG but it doesn't port you to the instance, you still have to manually run there if you havn't discovered the dungeon yet
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    firefall is a disaster its been changed atleast twice since they announced it and its still in beta..
    It's been a disaster, however they finally have a leadership team that isn't trying to reinvent the game every few weeks. It's shaping up to be a pretty decent game nowadays.

@OP: Seriously though, I'd give Rift another shot. It really is the most TBC-esque MMO on the market today. It still suffers from performance issues sadly (wtb fucking multi-core support), but the amount of content in the game is pretty massive. It's F2P and the only think locked behind a paywall are the souls from the most recent expansion (and as of Wednesday the next batch of souls), but unless you're looking to do some serious play, you can easily get by with the starting souls.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    you are assuming this is going to happen. WoD WILL be BC 2.0 and then some.
    Really dude? Did you just criticize someone for basing their information on assumptions? REALLY?