Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ele or Enhance for PVP

Hey everyone. Just a quick question is Elemental or Enhance better for pvp. Tonight I went into a battleground as elemental and I was really enjoying it destroying people even tho I was in full pve gear yet as soon as melee got ahold of me i got destroyed. As soon as i get gear I would like to get into arena but I'm noob when it comes to pvp and don't know which spec is more viable for both arena and rbg situations. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Apacalypse View Post
    Hey everyone. Just a quick question is Elemental or Enhance better for pvp. Tonight I went into a battleground as elemental and I was really enjoying it destroying people even tho I was in full pve gear yet as soon as melee got ahold of me i got destroyed. As soon as i get gear I would like to get into arena but I'm noob when it comes to pvp and don't know which spec is more viable for both arena and rbg situations. Any help would be great.
    Elemental is far more viable than Enhance in all PvP settings. It is debatably the strongest caster DPS at the moment.

The only downfall of an Elemental is not only are you hard-countered by all melee, you have to be babysat in any PvP setting. You will require your team mates to be constantly peeling and CC'ing for you.

If you get good team mates, Elemental is insane in 3v3 (read: LSD). That said, it's pretty crap in 2v2 and random battlegrounds (since you won't get peels and will probably just insta-die if a melee walks within 100 yards of you.)

Enhance is a poor mans Warrior and only seems remotely viable in gimmicky 'one-shot' comps.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-05-06 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apacalypse View Post
    I was really enjoying it destroying people even tho I was in full pve gear yet as soon as melee got ahold of me i got destroyed.
    Well good to see that somethings are working as it should then, right? =P
    Cause what I usually read in forums is casters thinking they should destroy melees from distance and not get destroyed from melee range... doesn't sound fair does it?

On topic: I'm currently leveling a shaman, im going enhance cause everyone says is more fun than elemental, leveling and max lvl. But yeah elemental is better right now.
    Last edited by Dumaw; 2014-05-06 at 02:16 PM.

ele is a lot of sustained pressure since most of their damage is just unleash>lava burst

enhance is about timing your ascendance well it's a lot less random but your sustained pressure basically relies on ele blast crits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Enhance is a poor mans Warrior and only seems remotely viable in gimmicky 'one-shot' comps.
    Spot on.

I've been playing 3s last night on my Hpally alt with Arms and Ele buddies (all alts still gearing up). We faced double enhance and arms. For the luls we went yolo in with double hand of sac on my mates, me bubbled and with all throughput CDs up (+ pre-casted EF on both my team mates and healing tide). My warr dropped in 1st global, and my ele in 4th.

Not basing my opinion on that though.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental is far more viable than Enhance in all PvP settings. It is debatably the strongest caster DPS at the moment.

The only downfall of an Elemental is not only are you hard-countered by all melee, you have to be babysat in any PvP setting. You will require your team mates to be constantly peeling and CC'ing for you.

If you get good team mates, Elemental is insane in 3v3 (read: LSD). That said, it's pretty crap in 2v2 and random battlegrounds (since you won't get peels and will probably just insta-die if a melee walks within 100 yards of you.)

just cuz its more viable doesnt mean you should play it. in random bgs casters can get away with alot and feel fun. but in arenas and rbgs u will get tunneled and if your new to it, you will get frustrated very fast.

also enhancement is alot more viable than what this guy says. probably the number 3 or 4 comp is beast cleave. (enha, hunter, healer) enhancement imo is alot easier to play also compared to elemental. enhancement is will also usually get tunneled in arenas and not many people take them for rbgs. but if your looking for the less frustrating of the two imo its enhancement.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Ele shamans just need to use rockbiter until WoD.

Didn't you know that shamans also stance dance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    Ele shamans just need to use rockbiter until WoD.

Didn't you know that shamans also stance dance?
    no they don't

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    no they don't
    I see my cryptic wording and humor was completely lost. Oh well.

I guess I'll spell it out blatantly for those who don't fully understand shamans: If you imbue your weapon with rockbiter that is 5% passive damage reduction. If you unleash elements on a target while your weapon has rockbiter you gain a further 40% damage reduction against they target for 5s. For this reason a good elemental shaman will change weapon imbues based on what is required in a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see my cryptic wording and humor was completely lost. Oh well.

I guess I'll spell it out blatantly for those who don't fully understand shamans: If you imbue your weapon with rockbiter that is 5% passive damage reduction. If you unleash elements on a target while your weapon has rockbiter you gain a further 40% damage reduction against they target for 5s. For this reason a good elemental shaman will change weapon imbues based on what is required in a fight.
    except no good ele actually does that...like ever

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/25.../#entry4110000

^ 2799 rated ele shaman.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    diablous (rank 1 enha) has recommended earthbiter/unleash as a last ditch effort def cd.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Enhance is a poor mans Warrior
    I laughed harder at this than I should have.

pretty sure every shaman above 2k has started doing this. It's not like it's hard either.

Deleted
    Try 1v1 against a rogue without rockbiter/unleash.

And yea, imbue dancing IS the thing, believe it or not
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2014-05-09 at 06:50 AM.

I'd say Lock & Mage still ahead of Ele but only by the slightest amount.

Disagree, Ele is quite tanky now. They were squishy before the LS 10% and having SR which was enhance only. Also see below about smart use of UF.

Deleted
    Elemental weak against melee? Lol what? Elemental is probably the best caster who counters melees: Mail armor, shield, 10% dmg reduction + 10% physichal dmg reduction + 30% on cd ..., great healing, best mobility, Hex, great burst ... Enhancement is the one who is weak vs melees. As Elemental in random BGs i feel like i am unkilllable and this is not a joke. I only have hard times vs Ferals and some very skilled subtlety rogues. Casting your main spell while moving is just insanely powerful + simple play style = very good and enjoyable spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Elemental is probably the best caster who counters melee
    Enough MMOChamp for me today.

1. roll ele
    2. play lsd
    3. get glad
    4. ?????
    5. profit

Deleted
    Mail armor, shield, 10% dmg reduction + 10% physichal dmg reduction + 30% on cd ..., great healing, best mobility, Hex, great burst
    1) Compared to e.g. Boomkin healing, Ele healing is way worse
    2) Every caster spec has better mobility than Ele apart from shadow priest (blink,talent,freeze/roar,dash,blink,roots/teleport,portal,slow).
    3) Hex has a cooldown. Unlike clone, sheep or fear.

Ele might feel like
    probably the best caster who counters melees
    because you play
    Elemental in random BGs
    It's like saying demo lock is the best DPS in PvE because I topped charts on one LFR clear.

But in competitive environment, Ele is countered by melee (and hunters). It's still a great and highly viable spec however.
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2014-05-09 at 08:24 AM.