Thread: Hunters

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Nope, I gave reasons.
    So does young Earth creationists.

But in the end you died and you complained about a talent almost no competitive shaman uses in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    hunters take zero skill
    P.S Hunter's cc at least require 1 braincell in order to land and some cordination,not always but still trapping from stuns/fears/roots cause shamans (an example) grounding ur traps or u get disarmed/silenced/stunned is way more common than u think,at least at 2k+.
    I'd agree that landing traps in 3s are not as easy as people make it out to be.

The thing is that 2 very good hunter comps (being KFC and PHDK) are pretty faceroll. That's why people tend to relate to hunters as 'easy'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    "I died! no fair!" is not a valid reason
    lol

OT: Marksmanship is go-to? How's Survival doing? Only specialization I really like out of the three; considering leveling another Hunter. :3

So does young Earth creationists.

But in the end you died and you complained about a talent almost no competitive shaman uses in pvp.
    so what, doesn't stop it from being broken. Anyway that discussion is over, it's already being changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

The thing is that 2 very good hunter comps (being KFC and PHDK) are pretty faceroll. That's why people tend to relate to hunters as 'easy'.
    And don't forget that they're considered a melee class (apparently), that's also ranged and has the ability to attack on the move.

so what, doesn't stop it from being broken. Anyway that discussion is over, it's already being changed.
    if its really (op) broken, then wouldn't more shamans use it?

pretty simple logic.

exactly, stormbolt and asphyxiate basically removes the margin of error from scatter trapping and they're on the same cd which makes trap ALMOST foolproof but it can still be stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

if its really (op) broken, then wouldn't more shamans use it?

pretty simple logic.
    op != broken

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    And don't forget that they're considered a melee class (apparently), that's also ranged and has the ability to attack on the move.
    Once again, list everything good about a class you consider OP and never look at the big picture.

- - - Updated - - -

lol

OT: Marksmanship is go-to? How's Survival doing? Only specialization I really like out of the three; considering leveling another Hunter. :3
    survival is pretty good in 2vs2 and in 3v3 you need something with a silence and dispel protection like a lock/spriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly, stormbolt and asphyxiate basically removes the margin of error from scatter trapping and they're on the same cd which makes trap ALMOST foolproof but it can still be stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

op != broken

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, list everything good about a class you consider OP and never look at the big picture.

- - - Updated - - -

survival is pretty good in 2vs2 and in 3v3 you need something with a silence and dispel protection like a lock/spriest.
    I didn't say it was OP, all I said was I heard that Blizzard considers it a melee class that's able to attack from range and on the move. :/

Thanks for the heads up, though. Really love Survival.

As ridiculous as they've been all expansion.

Just ignore Illana.

He/she has consistently proven they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. They post useless garbage time and time again. They have very little grasp on how the classes in this game even work. A cancer on the forum with a huge mouth.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-06-23 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you believe phdk and kfc are so faceroll because of stun+trap then you miss out on a whole lot of other reasons why it's faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Hunters are suddenly all Marksmanship?
    Blizzard removed the silencing shot talent and gave it baseline to MM hunters. 3s ranged, instant blanket silence on short cooldown is just too good to pass up. Also MM has very good burst.

What pets are they rolling with nowadays?
    Pets which provide stat boosts. Depends on your comp. CC on pets is being removed in WoD anyway so Blizzard clearly hate it. They made the CC cooldowns on pets way too long now for it to be viable.

What's the general state of Hunters atm?
    Hunters are in a very good spot at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    As ridiculous as they've been all expansion.
    Best avatar ever. "Have I joined a cult?"

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Just ignore Illana.

He/she has consistently proven they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. They post useless garbage time and time again. They have very little grasp on how the classes in this game even work. A cancer on the forum with a huge mouth.
    this is the only useless garbage you will ever see on this forum: people calling others' posts useless garbage without making any relevant contribution of their own.

- - - Updated - - -

If you believe phdk and kfc are so faceroll because of stun+trap then you miss out on a whole lot of other reasons why it's faceroll.
    Well it's not like you're going to land kills without trapping something, making that part easier make the retarded damage even harder to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    every class is ridiculous in their own way. need a list?

paladin:
    -ret:spam your incredible off-heals and HoF's when your amazing burst cds are on cooldown
    -heal:spam your retarded instant healing while los'ing everything
    Oh yeah, Ret being able to off-heal for 100k every 15 seconds and burst that is barely on-par with that of Warriors and DKs is ridiculously powerful. Totally.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

in terms of outputting damage id say that yeah hunters are easy, but they have so much control and a lot of cc, some of which is isnt targeted (binding shot, traps). Its easy to say they're faceroll but like all classes, they go a bit deeper than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I respected Hunter players a lot more in Cataclysm, it was a time when the class was a lot harder to play, and so anyone who attempted to achieve any significant rating, or actually reached any was worthy of praise; much like Retribution at the moment.

Now that's not to say it's that easy you can smash your face against the desk and reach 2200, but it's noticeably easier than it was back then.

I respected Hunter players a lot more in Cataclysm, it was a time when the class was a lot harder to play, and so anyone who attempted to achieve any significant rating, or actually reached any was worthy of praise; much like Retribution at the moment.

Now that's not to say it's that easy you can smash your face against the desk and reach 2200, but it's noticeably easier than it was back then.
    Harder? You have to be kidding me. Then again it is you so we have to take what you say with a grain of salt.

There wasn't 5million and 1 ways to stop a trap in cata, it was an actual reliable cc back then. We had conc shot glyph which was CORE to keeping distance on people, now we can barely keep distance on any melee apart from DKs and it doesn't even matter against them.

We still had readiness (though that was still there at the beginning of mop) and that was a really powerful tool not only for offensive but also defensive capability. Dismiss pet sac was also recently removed.

It's becoming harder and harder to be a hunter and it's only because of weapon scaling and great synergy with other OP classes (warrior, DK, rogue) that we still excel in high rated arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's becoming harder and harder to be a hunter and it's only because of weapon scaling and great synergy with other OP classes (warrior, DK, rogue) that we still excel in high rated arena.
    Comps like hunter/enhance/x (beastcleave), hunter/feral/x (jungle cleave), monk/hunter/x are incredibly solid comps as well. And for rets a hunter is still the best partner, despite rets being at the bottom of the pvp spec spectrum. A hunter in the comp basically turns other classes into faceroll, it's not the other way around. And there is a good reason for that.

how so? It's our cc that requires the setup, not their instant, targeted cc.

Roar of sac is good to make squishier classes less squishy but honestly if a hunter uses it on anyone but themselves it usually results in a switch and the hunter dying in a stun or forced to trinket.

Beastcleave is "ok" and it's more down to the unhealable damage enhance with ascendance up puts out with the hunter in a instant hex>scatter>silence combo. You rarely see a freezing trap in beastcleave.

KFChi is ok, you get some nice cross cc with paralysis and trap but it's still not as strong as KFC or PHD.
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-05-17 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harder? You have to be kidding me. Then again it is you so we have to take what you say with a grain of salt.

There wasn't 5million and 1 ways to stop a trap in cata, it was an actual reliable cc back then. We had conc shot glyph which was CORE to keeping distance on people, now we can barely keep distance on any melee apart from DKs and it doesn't even matter against them.

We still had readiness (though that was still there at the beginning of mop) and that was a really powerful tool not only for offensive but also defensive capability. Dismiss pet sac was also recently removed.

Thanks, I love your personal attacks, it really shows us what kind of person you are.

Everyone has too many gap closers, and too many gap creators at the moment but I agree some classes have a little too much up time, namely Monk, Rogue and Warrior.

I'm just going to assume that you didn't play your Hunter in Cataclysm at all - or for long enough - if you really think it's harder to play now than it was back then. I didn't play one, but I definitely played with the class long enough to understand the difficulty that it had in that expansion and its seasons meta's because of how the class inherently worked. It was definitely comparable to how Retribution currently is, yes.

Granted all classes became somewhat easier coming from Cataclysm to Mists (quality of life issues solved, ability pruning, homogenization, etc.), the Hunter was one of the few that ended up in a much better shape, though undoubtedly it still has its problems - just like every other class - my point was that the current Hunter is easier than it was in the previous expansions. Right now, (as you say) Hunters are difficult - though not because of underlying class mechanics - but because of the way the game is at the moment, and its current meta where everybody has a gap closer, everybody has the ability to get away, and everybody can cast on the move.