Thread: Raids in SWTOR

Raids in SWTOR

Im new too this game and I really enjoy th smaller raids in MMO. And i can see that SWTOR supports 8man raids(operations?)

How does it works?
    Is the raiding active in SWTOR?
    How many raid bosses in ingame as we speak?
    Is the needs for healers okay at the moments in guilds?

there are 4 high end raid instances in the game at the moment, but there are also rewards for doing the three classic raid instances once a week.
    bosses vary, each instance has 5 to 10 bosses, someone else can count them
    you can do them in 8 player groups or 16
    player groups, and both in three different difficulties offering different rewards, story mode, hard mode and nightmare mode. although I am not sure if the nightmare modes of the newest raids are already in the game.

I'd say raiding is very active, if you stand in the fleet in the evening, there are people looking for random raiders all the time.

Thanks for that.... wil i need the expanson too do raiding??

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Thanks for that.... wil i need the expanson too do raiding??
    Yes, you'lll need to have the RotHC through subscribing to have access to all level 55 content which are the 4 current raids the other guy mentioned. You can't do current & level 50 raids or wear the gear drops without having 2 ridiculous weekly passes from the cartel shop, so if you're going to raid you basically need to subscribe.

I love the look and feel of the swtor raids. Dread Palace and Fortress look absolutely amazing. If you have a PC that allows you to turn everything up to max and run with no hitches, do it. Can't say I've ever been disappointed with any of the the raids here. Just wish there wasnt THREE versions of the raids lol.

"4 high end raids"... really? I suppose your only referring to the Lvl 55 raids? Which are TFB, S&V, DP, DF... Those are the full lvl 55 raids but you can also still get a challenge from EC NM. Plus there are Boss instances like TC and then even further there are Hidden raid bosses with in existing raids such as the Dreadfull Entity and the Hateful Entity which require everyone in the raid to obtain a Dread mask from dreadtooth and for your group to defeat dreadtooth with 10 stacks to recieve an amulet and then fight the Dreadfull Entity in TFB HM/NM in 16m. From there you get an orb that you can use to summon the Hateful Entity in S&V HM/NM 16m. However if your new to raids I would get practice by starting in EV and KP that way you know the ropes before taking on a full raid head on. Also you can get beginning tier raid gear from HM Flashpoints and then do the weeklies for ultimate comms and buy some End game raid gear from the vendor. Then you should be better set to start with some TFB or S&V. Or as an alternative get with a good guild that will help you get geared up and that will more than likely be quicker.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Soul Reavers Guild is always recruiting! For more info check us out at...

Website-www.soulreavers.swtorhost.com
    YouTube-www.youtube.com/swtorsoulreavers