Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Orbs Graphics Update

Hello guys,

Ill post here what I posted on the blizzard foruns and I would like to see the opinions from everyone. No flame wars please, its just my opinion and the opinion of others, so lets be nice.
    Here it is what I wrote there:

"Hello,

Im here to humble ask a new art for the shadow orbs in warlords of draenor. I know its meaningless, but our current ones are SO ugly. Even the shadow guard from trolls from vanilla are better. Anything.

My PERSONAL suggest: Grab the shadow orbs from the Voidlord from warlocks. They have Shadow Runes inside them and they go from 1 to 3, just like shadow priests. You dont have to implement or create new ones. That ones are fine enough and we can SEE how many orbs we have just looking at our characters, with makes its very easy and nice too see.

Its a small feedback, please our shadow orbs are so damn ugly.
    Thanks in advance."

What to you guys think?

Shadow orbs have ok graphics? Any suggestions, thoughts? I personally find them very ugly.
    *raises flame shield*

15+ Year Old Account
    You won't get flamed for saying Shadow could use some graphical love - pretty much everyone agrees with that around here We disagree sometimes on what exactly it should be, but are all pro-shinies

With that said, they would have to change the graphics because our orbs will go to 5 in WoD - but that's still a pretty easy change. Glyph of Ravens should also match the number of orbs we currently have as well - rather than just spamming us with more shadowy colours.

As a side note, I'd totally like a Glyph of Lumas - that gives us baby Lumas flying around us like Rosalina

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You won't get flamed for saying Shadow could use some graphical love - pretty much everyone agrees with that around here We disagree sometimes on what exactly it should be, but are all pro-shinies

With that said, they would have to change the graphics because our orbs will go to 5 in WoD - but that's still a pretty easy change. Glyph of Ravens should also match the number of orbs we currently have as well - rather than just spamming us with more shadowy colours.

As a side note, I'd totally like a Glyph of Lumas - that gives us baby Lumas flying around us like Rosalina

Damn! That healing Halo is going to top that little bugger up!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    Damn! That healing Halo is going to top that little bugger up!
    He bounced a Dark Cascade to the healer too - it must be a heavy healing phase!

15+ Year Old Account
    The orbs are amazing, makes me sad when I see ppl glyphed for ravens
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    I agree, shadow doesn't have many visual spells.

> Halo needs a cooler graphic, it's too plastic atm. The old halo was better, had more detail and was sparkly and all.

> Divine star is bland, it needs to be more flashy and star like, and it should have realistic star movement.
    (Basically you throw it out on the left side in a ellipse way and then it comes back to you on the right side.

> Cascade I think is fine for visuals, not sure how they could make it more shiny.

-

> Shadow orbs indeed, they should update the graphic, and they should float differently around you.
    (on horizontal rotation other ones are diagonal up and down (but make sure they don't float through you obviously).
    > Mindflay should have a pulse effect, and insanity should be more distinctive color.

There's not much else they can truly change though

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    My PERSONAL suggest: Grab the shadow orbs from the Voidlord from warlocks.
    Would love to see this happen. It's quite a slap in the face of every shadow priest that they would give the new orb animation to a warlock -pet- in the first place, when it is clearly ideal as a shadow orb spell animation..
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    I believe its fine as it is, and I rather see graphics designers focus right now on WoD content and the new character models. Balance could use some updates to their form. If you don't like the way the shadow orbs look you can use the shadow raven glyph. What I don't like is that the orbs fade when you still got 'em, but since they will soon fade over time anyway, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Would love to see this happen. It's quite a slap in the face of every shadow priest that they would give the new orb animation to a warlock -pet- in the first place, when it is clearly ideal as a shadow orb spell animation..
    Yes... that REALLY pissed me off. The voidlord shadow orbs are SOOO much better you cant even compare....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I believe its fine as it is, and I rather see graphics designers focus right now on WoD content and the new character models. Balance could use some updates to their form. If you don't like the way the shadow orbs look you can use the shadow raven glyph. What I don't like is that the orbs fade when you still got 'em, but since they will soon fade over time anyway, who cares.
    They dont need to spend any time on it. Just put the Voidlord orbs on me and Ill shut up.

The way they look doesn't really bother me.

But the fact that it seems hard to code the exact number of orbs floating around you depending on how many you have banked atm is just ehhh. It's the same crap as with shaman shields.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    The way they look doesn't really bother me.

But the fact that it seems hard to code the exact number of orbs floating around you depending on how many you have banked atm is just ehhh. It's the same crap as with shaman shields.
    Well the Voidlord ones CAN do that.

Deleted
    Conclusion: Voidlords are better Shadow Priests. What a sad day.

I think they look pretty good, and I prefer them over voildlords orbs anyday... But the more customization the better, wouldn't mind some extra glyphs to alter they visuals (your voidlord suggestion could make a decent minor glyph)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I think they look pretty good, and I prefer them over voildlords orbs anyday... But the more customization the better, wouldn't mind some extra glyphs to alter they visuals (your voidlord suggestion could make a decent minor glyph)
    Ya, I think they should fix our current orbs and ravens, and then give us a Voidlord Glyph and a Luma Glyph

I kinda like our shadow orbs. All I want is them changing according to the number we have. Maybe an extra effecg when we are full of shadow orbs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    I kinda like our shadow orbs. All I want is them changing according to the number we have. Maybe an extra effecg when we are full of shadow orbs?
    I wouldn't want to look at floating balls around my character to assess how many of them I got. I'll just use an addon for that, TYVM. Which makes it irrelevant. Either you got the balls around you denoting you got orbs, or its not there. Also might have PvP implications.

I don't really want that to be able to assess the amount of orbs... THe blizzard UI or an addon are just fine for that... It just gives you a sense of progression through Mind Blasts and "accomplishment" and maybe a nice affect when you're full... I agree with the pvp implications though
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I wouldn't want to look at floating balls around my character to assess how many of them I got. I'll just use an addon for that, TYVM. Which makes it irrelevant. Either you got the balls around you denoting you got orbs, or its not there. Also might have PvP implications.
    Theed and I talked about this once, and the conclusion was that we thought it should be accurate - but that it should not display our orbs (at any number) to enemy players. They see a Shadowpriest, we see a Shadowpriest with orbs

There should also be a Glyph of Subtlety (minor), that makes it so your orbs don't display at all, IMO

Personally, I think they're cool. I just wish that they floated around the head instead of around the entire character, so they'd be more like verdant spheres (cca wc3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I was looking at Divine Star. Jesus... thats something you wouldnt expect even in 2004.....................