Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    exactly the point, thank you

But seriously, I care about the batman series just as everyone else does. But i ask you why you think they decided to make this into a tv series. Was it necessary? Is there enough story and budget to make it part of the batman realm or is it just based off the success and reputation of Chris Nolan's batman series? Would this have been made if Chris Nolan never made his trilogy? I just feel like its being made for the wrong reasons. YOu cant blame me for saying that Agents of shield wasnt made for the same reason just the same as it hasnt exactly been sucessful for up to par as it was expected to be compared to the Avengers.
    Why was Smallville made when it did? Was it necessary, was there a successful Superman trilogy before?
    If anything it's being made due to Arrow's success showing that superhero genre can be successful in TV and DC needing more live action things to compete with popularity of Marvel's cinematic universe.
    And I don't know who thought Agents of SHIELD would be as successful as Avengers considering gigantic differences between them like one is a tv show and the other is a high budget movie or one having top Marvel heroes while the other has to mix new characters with D-list comic characters but I think it turned out much better than I expected.

The Trailer wasnt very good idd, but thats just a trailer. Lets wait and see the whole picture before ranting pls:> I hope that OC guy wont overact so much as he did in the trailer ;o

And while Agents of Shield started weak, the last few episodes were very good. But if that would help with the views, dont know. Lets hope, I see a lot of potential in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Because people like watching T.V. shows about Characters they like, thus it will garner them good ratings?

HOLY SHIT I ADMITTED IT, I DUN GOOFED!

Not sure if you are just pulling random numbers or facts out of your ass, but 8 Million views is nowhere near a failure.

South Park which is still a commercial Success and has been for years averages between 2-3 Million viewers per an Episode.

8 million would mean it is actually one of the top viewed programs.
    Im not puling out of my ass, i actually researched it,

looking at the percentage it has dropped since the first season and seeing its on ABC and not a cable television, if it continues to fall at this rate, it wont be making any profit and will be canceled.

And South park is on a cable television which is considered successful with those census. Agents of Shield is on ABC which is a local channel not cabel television wand with its currecnt census is considered not exactly successful

So, you are jumping up and down and ranting about how ruined a show is before it is even actually released.

Everyone is entitled to their opinon, and if you looked at the census of Agents of Shield the pilot had 17 million views and the latest episode had only 8 million views which in the television realm is considered a failure
    no? the majority of non cable shows go through that.

agents of shields ratings are very good and its one of abc's top shows, they are also planning an agent carter series that will premier inbetween agents of shields seasons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no? the majority of non cable shows go through that.

agents of shields ratings are very good and its one of abc's top shows, they are also planning an agent carter series that will premier inbetween agents of shields seasons

UMMM.. HI, its last episode only had 8 million audience compared to its pilot which had double. Thats not considered a success! Its literally dropping every episode, at this rate it will be eventually cancelled... and i believe its still on its first season?
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2014-05-07 at 10:32 AM.

Im not puling out of my ass, i actually researched it,

looking at the percentage it has dropped since the first season and seeing its on ABC and not a cable television, if it continues to fall at this rate, it wont be making any profit and will be canceled.

And South park is on a cable television which is considered successful with those census. Agents of Shield is on ABC which is a local channel not cabel television wand with its currecnt census is considered not exactly successful
    then why did they not only renew the show but greenlit a 2nd marvel tv show to premier inbetween seasons?

you know what else is on local channels? arrow. arrow is considered a massive success for cw and agents of shield knocks it out of the park.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

then why did they not only renew the show but greenlit a 2nd marvel tv show to premier inbetween seasons?

you know what else is on local channels? arrow. arrow is considered a massive success for cw and agents of shield knocks it out of the park.
    And did you know a majority of pilot shows are cancelled before its first season? Just because its staring a new series does not guarantee its success. Shall I remind you how many shows have been cancelled prematurely?

UMMM.. HI, its last episode only had 8 million audience compared to its pilot which had double. Thats not considered a success!
    ummm hi every show experiences a large drop from premier to season finale and agents of shield had a MASSIVE premier.

look at ressurection started at 13 million ended at 8 million. considered a massive success.

ummm hi every show experiences a large drop from premier to season finale and agents of shield had a MASSIVE premier.

look at ressurection started at 13 million ended at 8 million. considered a massive success.
    I wouldn't bother arguing with him, his rage has seemed to consume him to the point where actual facts mean nothing too him.
    Well its either that or he is just stupid as fuck.

Okay, seriously, just stop with this bs. I just saw the trailer for this spinoff series. Its like an over the top soap opera wanna be action series. Clearly another money-laundering series like Agents of SHIELD. The trailer is so effing cheesy it made me wanna gag. I wouldnt be surprised if this show would eventually be cancelled. Sure it will garner a lot of audience in its pilot like Agents of Shield did, but it will slowly die out because lets face it, it was only made because of Chris Nolan's reputation of the trilogy. Im really start to lose faith in Hollywood
    Do you know what money laundering actually is?
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm in the twilightcomicnerd zone in this thread, but coming from someone who's not a fan of comics nor do I read any:
    I enjoyed Fantastic Four movies, Batman 2k movies, Arrow (TV) and Superman Returns tremendously.
    On the other hand, last year's Superman, Avengers and the other recent Marvel movies, I found unappealing, over the top, cheesy and unrealistic. Yes, I know it's not supposed to be "real", but you know what I mean.. The fact that they continue in their idiocracy is not anyone's fault but the ones' who bought tickets to see the movies. And I highly doubt they're all "comic book/novel fans"; these movies are just targeted towards a broader audience.
    Therein lies the issue, these series, movies and spinoffs aren't always going to be good, they're just aimed to capitalize on their other products' success.
    I tried watching the first MARVEL episode when it first appeared, but I found it unbelievably boring and unattractive, and it's the first time I hear about this Gotham new series also. I saw the trailer, and just as I expected, "Ryan Atwood" was not the best choice for such a strong character like James Gordon. Hard for anyone to fill Gary Oldman's shoes anyway.
    It's good that DC is making another presence though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    It surprises me just how worked up people get over the most trivial of things.

Change the Channel.

VIOLA! SKY FALLING SEQUENCE DISABLED!
    It's Voilà actually Viola is a musical instrument.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2014-05-07 at 10:47 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

yes majority of shows has a number of drop, but not more than double only in its first season and with its consistant drop every episode its a doomed series

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    I wouldn't bother arguing with him, his rage has seemed to consume him to the point where actual facts mean nothing too him.
    Well its either that or he is just stupid as fuck.
    yes i am filled with rage, since you guys cant agree its being made for the wrong reason. I just hope its not being made in the realm of Chris Nolan's batman world but another complete spinoff series and in that case, good luck with them. If it does become series, then i apologize
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2014-05-07 at 10:50 AM.

Have to say i was a little dissapointed by the trailer, although it has great potential as a crime series in the batman universe. Looking forward to the pilot this fall.

yes majority of shows has a number of drop, but not more than double only in its first season and with its consistant drop every episode its a doomed series

yes i am filled with rage, since you guys cant agree its being made for the wrong reason. I just hope its not being made in the realm of Chris Nolan's batman world but another complete spinoff series and in that case, good luck with them. If it does become series, then i apologize
    the cancellation bear who has way more experience than you when it comes to how well a show is doing thinks agents of shield is fine

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...or-not/257518/

also even if agents of shield were to have started out at 8 million it would still be a success. nobody gives a shit how low a series is compared to its premier as long as its still a very successful number because again every show sees a massive fall between premier and season finale ESPECIALLY for the first season.

greys anatomy has around 8 million viewers. its one of abcs most popular shows.

modern family has around 8 million viewers

most of scandals ratings are around 9 million

once upon a time a very succesful show already renewed only has around SIX million for its average ratings.

ER MAH GERD ALL DA ABC SHOWS IS FAILINZ @_@

how about you learn some fucking perspective

Deleted
    Everyone is entitled to their opinon
    Apparently you're entitled to yours more than others are, since you felt like you had to tell tens of thousands of people here how you personally think Gotham is a joke. Thanks for that.

if you looked at the census of Agents of Shield the pilot had 17 million views and the latest episode had only 8 million views which in the television realm is considered a failure
    Whose ass are you pulling this BS from? Take a look at http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Switch to Cable and you'll see Game of Thrones has 7 million viewers. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s 8 million would almost get them to the top10 of network shows. "Only 8 million views", "considered a failure?" Seriously? Want to back that up with some sources?

Silverblade Paladin had it right. Good job creating a thread only to make it abundantly clear to everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-05-07 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Okay. I was going to merge this thread with the original thread -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1512782-TV-Gotham

But the title and the OP is so biased and there are so many bad posts that I would have to edit way too much. So I will just lock this one. And if you want to discuss the Show you have the first threaad to do so in.