Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Oh nice! I never played gen 3 and 4 for, so Im looking forward to this one! :3

However the only thing I don't like is that I saw that you have to trade for the Eevee in the original game. "Trade from FireRed/LeafGreen/XD"
    Going to be sad If I can't get a Espeon or a Sylveon if amie is in the remake.
    Well, you might be able to get it from the GTS trade system or Wonder trade. That is, if they decide to include the X and Y trading version.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    If they do to these what they did to Heartgold/Soulsilver it will be amazing. They added a LOT in those remakes, and I would consider them probably the two greatest remakes of any video game...ever.
    i quit pokemon at gold/silver/crystal so may i ask what was new in heartgold/soulsilver?
    sorry to ignore the original topic :P
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    i quit pokemon at gold/silver/crystal so may i ask what was new in heartgold/soulsilver?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...thetic_changes
    Some blurbs:
    Can catch Laravatar before Mt Silver
    Physical/Special split from Diamond and Pearl caries over, so pokemon like Feraligatr aren't completely useless
    2 new routes near Cianwood city leading to a Johto safari zone

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    Not alot, I defiantly tough it was lacking. Not worth it, unless you just enjoy pokemon and want something to play. I feel pokemon peaked at BW2, the game had it all for me personally. Reasons to IV breed for sweet pokemons to crush in-game, min-max the game with gold medals etc...Fun.

I hope gen3 will have some off the things BW2 did right. X / Y lacked sooooo much from it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    They've always done this, first game(s) of new generation lacks majority of end-game, then second game has it.
    Still I somehow have 673 hours played on my X.

I'm pretty hyped for these, I just want some footage! And we're getting that tomorrow yay!

Forgive me, but I never played Heartgold/SS. Are they just remakes, or are they new stories set in the same region? IMO, the R/S plot was the best of all the mainstream Pokemon games. I really hope it's just a remake with some new, rich content.

And WHY! Why does Nintendo want me to buy a 3DS so badly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Forgive me, but I never played Heartgold/SS. Are they just remakes, or are they new stories set in the same region? IMO, the R/S plot was the best of all the mainstream Pokemon games. I really hope it's just a remake with some new, rich content.

And WHY! Why does Nintendo want me to buy a 3DS so badly?
    Yes, HG/SS was remakes, but with some new content added here and there. You should probably expect the same with the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, possibly with even more new stuff.

Last edited by johnhoftb; 2014-06-07 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm from the look of sceptile seems theyre adding new mega evolutions..
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Switched up the scans in the post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    hmm from the look of sceptile seems theyre adding new mega evolutions..
    Yeah they are:

Meg-Sceptile is Grass/Dragon with Lightningrod as its ability.

Mega-Swampert gets Swift Swim as its ability.

Kyogre and Groudon get Forms which devolve them into their ancient forms which are called Primal, and they get a new move.

Magma and Aqua redesigns: from left to right in the pictures, Maxie, Tabitha, Courtney, Magma Grunts, Aqua Grunts, Matt, Shelly, and Archie.

The band around Brendan and May's wrists is a Mega Bangle.

Steven is now researching Mega Stones and has a Mega Charizard X.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how I miss Sceptile and Swampert. This is probably one of the only set of starters where I am torn on which one to choose. I mean, in Emerald I had Sceptile. Might have to go back for nostalgia.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of excited for this:

Only me who highly dislike mega evo's? I just never tough it was a good design.

Would rather have made weak pokemons that got mega evo's to make them usefull, just buffed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Only me who highly dislike mega evo's? I just never tough it was a good design.

Would rather have made weak pokemons that got mega evo's to make them usefull, just buffed instead.
    I like the idea of mega evolutions but think it was poorly thought out. Like, I agree with some of them but others (Absol comes to mind) should just be a damn regular evolution.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I like the idea of mega evolutions but think it was poorly thought out. Like, I agree with some of them but others (Absol comes to mind) should just be a damn regular evolution.
    Yep, just my toughs. Already good pokemons, or medium-tier (Like Lucario or Charizard) pokemons shouldent have gotten mega evo's.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why johnhoftb is the best poster on mmoc.

Can someone explain how mega evolutions work? I haven't played X and Y.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    And this is why johnhoftb is the best poster on mmoc.

Can someone explain how mega evolutions work? I haven't played X and Y.
    If a certain Pokemon holds a certain stone (the stone matches your pokemon's name), you use your bracelet to mega evolve your Pokemon for the rest of the match. They get different stats, new typing sometimes, new look, and sometimes a new ability. Think of it somewhat like digimon in that their growth is temporary, but extremely powerful.

I'm getting a bit sick of the stories in the Pokemon series, yeah X and Y were good games but I wish they would shake it up a bit.

Going from Gym to Gym and occasionally fighting Team X is getting a bit dull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I'm getting a bit sick of the stories in the Pokemon series, yeah X and Y were good games but I wish they would shake it up a bit.

Going from Gym to Gym and occasionally fighting Team X is getting a bit dull.
    and the mindless grinding to level a pokemon.. and ive never liked the ev training shite.. i just like to catch a pokemon and use it and not have to worry about natures or gender or a stupid ability.. it ruins the fun when i have to catch 20 of the same pokemon or reload a save for a specific nature
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya