Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I was subbed then unsubbed within the last 9 months, guess that shoots your theory to hell eh.
    Yes of course, because the world literally revolves around YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Blizzard pushed hard to get people in this quarter, and release of a big patch last quarter kept players then.

Hardly a surprise unless you were expecting some sort of constant linear decrease.

Next quarter it will hit them very very hard. I'd be shocked to see less than 500k leave unless they find a way to bring people in
    Well you were expecting millions of player losses during the last 3 Quarters anyway, so why would we believe you now ? You already stated in another thread HS doesn't have any players and the monetization is nowhere (while contradicting both Kotick and Morhaime themselves just ... yesterday ...).

Blizzard hater ?: Check.

Next one.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 12:11 PM.

Didn't know Blizzard PR posted on MMO champ.

Deleted
    Unsubbed also so count me in :P

the only reason why subs bump up a little in decemeber was cause they openly lied to community about wod release beeing "sooner then soon tm" - people got hooked on and now they are unsubing back cursing blizzard for shenenigans like this //shrug

They lose subs all the time, and they gain subs all the time. If the subs don't go down, that just means they broke even. It is good to see them taper off though. Having WoW in the mix will keep other game developers on their toes. Granted it seems like just a massive hole for people who can't move on, but that's my biased perspective since I have moved on. But I would love to come back. If they actually did something to make the game fun again. Otherwise I'd rather give some developers my money that seem to be designing systems that make sense and with the future in mind. And if Wildstar doesn't work out at least I'll have fun until something else even better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    They lose subs all the time, and they gain subs all the time. If the subs don't go down, that just means they broke even. It is good to see them taper off though. Having WoW in the mix will keep other game developers on their toes. Granted it seems like just a massive hole for people who can't move on, but that's my biased perspective since I have moved on. But I would love to come back. If they actually did something to make the game fun again. Otherwise I'd rather give some developers my money that seem to be designing systems that make sense and with the future in mind. And if Wildstar doesn't work out at least I'll have fun until something else even better comes along.
    I have NO idea why people after 7 years still are convinced another MMO is worth checking out really. If you play an MMORPG, you play World of Warcraft or else you are burning yourself endlessly with HUGE population drops up to 90% within 6 months after launch or simple server shut downs (like Warhammer, tabula rasa, vanguard, Pirates, DC Comics and dozens of others).

I mean if you want to play an MMORPG outside of WOW, there is absolutely no reason to play these things for the long run. Better invest in other kind of games then. So many other great genres around.

But after 7 years you would think people knew that by now. Forget real time friends, forget long term commitment, forget long hourly discussions at your local hobby club or café. A complete waste of time and money and friendship in these copycats.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-05-08 at 12:46 PM.

Incorrect - People have unsubscribed, but the same amount of people also (re-)subscribed thanks to the Level 90 Boost. Can't complain though, shows they're doing something right, yet no-one will make that connection because everyone loves to blame Blizzard for just about everything and anything.

From my personal experience, I had a massive amount of old guildies/friends who resubbed after Blizzcon (Q4) in preparation for WoD hype.

Most of these people unsubbed (or were considering unsubbing) in Jan-Feb because there was already nothing to do in the game for them (cleared LFR the week they came back, did Timeless Isle/Flex for a month or two, got bored).

The same thing happened when WoD pre-orders and instant 90 came out (which just so happened to be right at the end of Q1). People came back, played their new 90 for a few weeks, realized we are still 6+ months away from WoD, got discouraged and unsubbed.

Speculate all you want about millions of players you never met and about how they love/hate the game and will sub/unsub forever... but this is what happened in my (small) community of friends for Q4 and Q1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    WoW might not have lost any subs, but they did not gain any either, which is just as bad. Any company should strive for becoming bigger as that results in growth. Standing still is still a loss for WoW.
    A loss? Are you serious? All those subscribers are paying a monthly fee, lol.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I have NO idea why people after 7 years still are convinced another MMO is worth checking out really. If you play an MMORPG, you play World of Warcraft or else you are burning yourself endlessly with HUGE population drops up to 90% within 6 months after launch or simple server shut downs (like Warhammer, tabula rasa, vanguard, Pirates, DC Comics and dozens of others).

I mean if you want to play an MMORPG outside of WOW, there is absolutely no reason to play these things for the long run. Better invest in other kind of games then. So many other great genres around.

But after 7 years you would think people knew that by now. Forget real time friends, forget long term commitment, forget long hourly discussions at your local hobby club or café. A complete waste of time and money and friendship in these copycats.
    Well if you stay with WoW you burn yourself with repetition and boredom, because they haven't really innovated on the game since Wrath. At least with another game you have hope, with WoW you know where it's going if you like it great, if you don't you can't really count on it improving. Better to lose a few months having fun, than sticking with something you know isn't fun. Note I'm talking about someone who knows they don't like WoW, if you love WoW more power to you. Also I like to support developers that are trying to innovate and do something new, not take my subsciption and use it to build the next expack and no new content in the interim and then charge me again on top of that for the expack I just got done paying for with my subscription.

How is this still open or the mods just sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Well if you stay with WoW you burn yourself with repetition and boredom, because they haven't really innovated on the game since Wrath. At least with another game you have hope, with WoW you know where it's going if you like it great, if you don't you can't really count on it improving. Better to lose a few months having fun, than sticking with something you know isn't fun. Note I'm talking about someone who knows they don't like WoW, if you love WoW more power to you. Also I like to support developers that are trying to innovate and do something new, not take my subsciption and use it to build the next expack and no new content in the interim and then charge me again on top of that for the expack I just got done paying for with my subscription.
    You play an MMORPG for the LONG goal. Otherwise it is better to stick with other games. Outside of WOW and EVE there is absolutely NO other MMORPG that would have this same impact on RL friendships, actual discussing things in a club or have a drink with RL friends and talk about WOW tactics and adventures.

No other MMO came even close to this experience. You talk about innovation ? Why did you ignore Pet Battles? Farming? New Battlegrounds then ?

Why do think another new copycat MMO would be challenging over the coming years ? WOW has the best controls for an MMORPG by a long shot so PvP with a competition is already there with NUMUROUS choices all over the place. From rated PvP to casual BG's to world PvP raids if you want that.

As for PVE, the Raids in WOW have been the best of ALL competition. Everyone agrees on that. So besides the usual hyped trash, what is there other to find than fast responsive combat in PVE and PVP ? and made by the best PC developpers with almost unlimited resources.

DO you really think that after 7 years it is still going to "come" up from the blue skies of hype ? I know it won't and believe me most of us have seen it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its so sad watching all the bitter little men bicker on a WoW third party fan site about WoW's decline.
    Facts are, anyone who unsubscribes didn't do anything serious at the end game anyway, so even if 1 million of these players quit, it doesn't effect the rest who do.
    Can you refute my claim? Link me an armory of a toon that downed some significant portion of 25 man heroic bosses, or with a quality 1.8k+ pvp run and then give your reasons for setting the game down. If there is a single person here who has actually played the game at a serious level and has quit because their experinence was so paltry that their money was better spent elsewhere I will be greatly surprised.

More likely: if 1 million unsub this month the distribution will read:
    45%- No level 90s, quit before even reaching max level once. Never made any lasting friendships or experienced any of the systems MoP put in place.
    35% - Level 90, no gear better than Timeless Isle, no achievement better than LFR ToT. Has 2-3 friends in game, all of which are as inexperienced and delusional. Will post places like MMOchampion about how the game is far too easy for them, despite never having really played it.
    13% - Multiple level 90s, variety of experience in Heroic raiding or high-end PvP. Had to quit, despite having a solid guild relationship for real life complications (Financial, new job, child born, married, etc.)
    7% - Actual players who have been raiding or pvping for extender tier/seasons and have grown tired of the same thing across 10 years. Quit more because of disinterest in the genre, but for the sake of argument, we can say they dislike the game.

Now, you tell me why we are still talking about this then? When TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND players quit across a 5 month window and undoubtedly AT LEAST 140k of them didn't actually play the things that made MoP great. What makes us, as players care about this?
    Obviously Blizzard cares, because its money for them. But what makes us care enough that there needs to be hundreds of posts on this topic a day?
    Anyone care to explain, let alone prove they have beat the odds by actually doing Challenge Modes, Brawler's Guild, Pet Battles, Proving Grounds, Achievement hunting, Heroic raiding, High end pvp, or even being active in any type of guild - and then quitting because they didn't like the content?
    Or is everyone here just another child who quit the game despite never having done anything of note and now blaming blizzard as if MoP was some disaster.

I eagerly await the replies or lack there of.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Well you were expecting millions of player losses during the last 3 Quarters anyway, so why would we believe you now ?
    You already stated in another thread HS doesn't have any players and the monetization is nowhere (while contradicting both Kotick and Morhaime themselves just ... yesterday ...).

Blizzard hater ?: Check.

Next one.
    Erm I never stated any of that at all. I said they would lose some this quarter but nowhere near the amount some suggested due to pre orders + free 90s.

I'm not a Blizzard hater, nor a Blizzard fanboy.

Believing everything Blizzard do is "bad" or everything they do is "good" is batshit retarded.

Equally, having either feelings of love or hate towards a gaming company is equally strange and i'm sure somebody who does Psychology could go more in depth about why a person might want to feel an emotional connection to a business they use.

I discuss each one of Blizzard's decisions on merit, not blindly hate or love.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Its so sad watching all the bitter little men bicker on a WoW third party fan site about WoW's decline.
    Facts are, anyone who unsubscribes didn't do anything serious at the end game anyway, so even if 1 million of these players quit, it doesn't effect the rest who do.
    Can you refute my claim? Link me an armory of a toon that downed some significant portion of 25 man heroic bosses, or with a quality 1.8k+ pvp run and then give your reasons for setting the game down. If there is a single person here who has actually played the game at a serious level and has quit because their experinence was so paltry that their money was better spent elsewhere I will be greatly surprised.

45%- No level 90s, quit before even reaching max level once. Never made any lasting friendships or experienced any of the systems MoP put in place.
    35% - Level 90, no gear better than Timeless Isle, no achievement better than LFR ToT. Has 2-3 friends in game, all of which are as inexperienced and delusional. Will post places like MMOchampion about how the game is far too easy for them, despite never having really played it.
    13% - Multiple level 90s, variety of experience in Heroic raiding or high-end PvP. Had to quit, despite having a solid guild relationship for real life complications (Financial, new job, child born, married, etc.)
    7% - Actual players who have been raiding or pvping for extender tier/seasons and have grown tired of the same thing across 10 years. Quit more because of disinterest in the genre, but for the sake of argument, we can say they dislike the game.

Now, you tell me why we are still talking about this then? When TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND players quit across a 5 month window and undoubtedly AT LEAST 140k of them didn't actually play the things that made MoP great. What makes us, as players care about this?
    Obviously Blizzard cares, because its money for them. But what makes us care enough that there needs to be hundreds of posts on this topic a day?
    Anyone care to explain, let alone prove they have beat the odds by actually doing Challenge Modes, Brawler's Guild, Pet Battles, Proving Grounds, Achievement hunting, Heroic raiding, High end pvp, or even being active in any type of guild - and then quitting because they didn't like the content?
    Or is everyone here just another child who quit the game despite never having done anything of note and now blaming blizzard as if MoP was some disaster.

I'm 8/14 heroic in my 10 man. Our entire roster including myself unsubbed because we got tired of SoO. Though I'm sure you'll come in and say 8/14 heroic in 10 is not a serious raider. I eagerly away your reply.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Facts are, anyone who unsubscribes didn't do anything serious at the end game anyway, so even if 1 million of thesehttp://www.mmo-champion.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=26945197 players quit, it doesn't effect the rest who do.

Firstly made up statistics to suit your point are exactly that, made up.

Secondly, the intention of most players isn't to complete every raid on every difficulty or get the highest PvP rank, this has been true since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    How is this still open or the mods just sleeping?
    Why should it be closed? The argument is that the game has been stable and if you look at the last period, while that is true, that is like saying stock x is stable, just because it has the same value today as it had 10 years ago, sneakily concealing the rolercoaster it was in the time between. Though in this case with the limited amount of data points the game has been rather stable. Before the last peak the sub losses actually began to level off, before they now started dropping again. The reason why people lose interest now should be obvious. Either way, we have popular topics with less substance.

The problem does not reside with the active players. In fact the vast majority never read forums at all.

The problem Always comes down to the few that left and seek a justification WHY they left their old love. Hence they support every negative thread.

They find it satisfying to feel good about their decision and so want to seek a justification for their decision. "Blizzard fucked up, so I left".

Of course you are right: players would never care if the game had 1 million or 20 million players as long as your world is there to play in. Certainly now with the new connected realm tools where economies are connected etc...

That's why the negative posts about subscriptions are maintained by these folks who left WOW behind and now seek a justification.

About the no content isssue, it is LAUGHABLE. As you showed thousands of other achievements can be played in this game and they simply ignore it to TxxxL the game and its fans.

Nothing more nothing less, it is the inernet after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm 8/14 heroic in my 10 man. Our entire roster including myself unsubbed because we got tired of SoO. Though I'm sure you'll come in and say 8/14 heroic in 10 is not a serious raider. I eagerly away your reply.
    An entire guild quit huh? Curious! Good reason if so, but can we see the wowprogress page alongside your armory to verify!

Of course, 10 man isn't real raiding, but its actually something compared to the other thousands of people discussing this topic here who haven't stepped foot in anything of note.

To continue learning about this topic, you must understand it seems extremely odd that an entire heroic raiding guild would quit the game, despite not finishing the tier. Any thoughts on what was the downfall of the group, as they set out to excel, but not only didn't make it, failed to even retain the guild's existence?
    Perhaps this was their first tier raiding together?
    Just curious at this point.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!