Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Conquest should be upgradible.

With new valor buffs I think conquest gear should be allowed to be upgraded. Keep the instanced cap at 550 but it only works outdoors. Otherwise gap between pve gear will be even larger in wpvp.

As an Asian realm player I know how disasterous +8 upgrade is, so you guys better whine before patch hits.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-05-14 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Or..., not and just buff the amount of PvP power on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    You need hp upgrades (or put resil on it) else you get oneshotted by pve geared players without chance to resist. Buffing pvp power also leads to another problem of even more gear gap in instanced pvp.
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Sure, we totally need more dmg output in pvp. Not like people are already getting globaled in arena, or anything.

Deleted
    Blizzard to pvpers in 5.4:7: go grind out a 550 prideful set and you can FINALLY be geared for world pvp against pve'ers.

Blizzard to pvp'ers in 5.4.8: Suckers!

Idk if its possible but if they could just disable item upgrades outside of instanced content that'd work too without any impact on rated pvp.

Having said that..... 2k bloody coins here I come 5.4.8.

They could add it to honor gear (the full 4 upgrades, ilvl 538), that would help alts to remain competitive.

On pvp, as long as the instance pvp cap stays at 550, I see no problem, I really don't want to cap 8k VP to stay competitive in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    With new valor buffs I think conquest gear should be allowed to be upgraded. Keep the instanced cap at 550 but it only works outdoors. Otherwise gap between pve gear will be even larger in wpvp.

As an Asian realm player I know how disasterous +8 upgrade is, so you guys better whine before patch hits.
    Why? You are superior in PvP-environments as it is, and thats where it matters isnt it? Or are you aiming for the "2.4k ladder in W-PvP"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    Why? You are superior in PvP-environments as it is, and thats where it matters isnt it? Or are you aiming for the "2.4k ladder in W-PvP"?
    I think it's more that PvP gear was finally, roughly, equal to most players out in the world, since the majority weren't 14/14 580 ilvl players and then they get a further buff of 8 ilvl. It's just kind of annoying. Would be better if they just buffed PvP gear so that it was 558 to compensate for the increase to both, at least then the health would increase a little more to attempt to balance out the damage increase.

However, to the actual concept of upgrading PvP gear again. No. Malev season showed that it was a horrible system for PvP since it forced you into upgrading your weapon instantly and then filtering down from the 2250 items purely for more stats. No need for upgrades, just increase to compensate.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2014-05-14 at 02:50 PM.

Upgrading is silly... it's just something they did to keep people raiding in current content so they have something to aim for.

Overall, upgrading is a stupid gimmick.. and even more so in PvP.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Upgrading is silly... it's just something they did to keep people raiding in current content so they have something to aim for.

Overall, upgrading is a stupid gimmick.. and even more so in PvP.
    I actually like the upgrading system for PvE, it serves the purpose of gradually nerfing encounters without having to actually nerf the encounter. Each week PvE'ers can upgrade an item 4 times netting them +8 ilvl overall which translates into 8/16(16 slots), a total of .5 total ilvl increase on the spreadsheet. Before you even factor in the actual stats, it's already nerfing content by 1 ilvl every 2 resets. Would you rather they have ICC style nerfs, which were largely disliked because of how trivial they made content?

The only downside to upgrades is that upgrading an item slot and then getting a better item for that slot doesn't feel like an upgrade, it feels like a loss because of the wasted Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I actually like the upgrading system for PvE, it serves the purpose of gradually nerfing encounters without having to actually nerf the encounter. Each week PvE'ers can upgrade an item 4 times netting them +8 ilvl overall which translates into 8/16(16 slots), a total of .5 total ilvl increase on the spreadsheet. Before you even factor in the actual stats, it's already nerfing content by 1 ilvl every 2 resets. Would you rather they have ICC style nerfs, which were largely disliked because of how trivial they made content?

The only downside to upgrades is that upgrading an item slot and then getting a better item for that slot doesn't feel like an upgrade, it feels like a loss because of the wasted Valor.
    I don't have a good answer. I did my super PVE raiding in Wrath and didn't like the way they did ICC either. But I also don't like the idea of upgrading gear.. but that's just me. I'm not asking for a change, it's fine the way it is.

What I didn't like, and I'm glad they fixed, was the upgrading of PvP gear. It made the gear gap even bigger each week.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

I especially like how Blizzard justifies removing reforging so that people don't have to do so much "modifying" before they can put a new piece on, but then leaves...and expands....the one "modifying" aspect that is gated behind a currency limit. So ridiculous. People are too lazy or too undisciplined with gold to enchant, reforge, gem, and transmog a new item, but having to spend a weeks worth of time and relentless repetitions of dungeons, quests, farming, etc to gather 1000 VP every week is perfectly fine. What is far worse than getting a new drop and having to gem/enchant/reforge it first, is getting a new drop that would otherwise be an upgrade but can't be equipped because you don't have the valor to upgrade it and now need to wait another week. I know they are using this system for incremental PVE raid nerfs, but this is nothing more than a terrible attempt to keep raiders interested in the same mind-numbing content for 10-12 months, and I really hope they don't expand this upgrade bullshit to PVP gear.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-05-14 at 04:11 PM.

I think it's more that PvP gear was finally, roughly, equal to most players out in the world, since the majority weren't 14/14 580 ilvl players and then they get a further buff of 8 ilvl. It's just kind of annoying. Would be better if they just buffed PvP gear so that it was 558 to compensate for the increase to both, at least then the health would increase a little more to attempt to balance out the damage increase.

However, to the actual concept of upgrading PvP gear again. No. Malev season showed that it was a horrible system for PvP since it forced you into upgrading your weapon instantly and then filtering down from the 2250 items purely for more stats. No need for upgrades, just increase to compensate.
    That is why I said disable upgrades in instances. Only works outdoors.

- - - Updated - - -

Any reason why pvp gear should be crap in wpvp?

Deleted
    PvE gear is crap in PvP so why should PvP gear be strong in PvE-environments?

Why is wpvp pve? Enemy players are suddenly treated as pve mobs outdoors?

The world outside of PvP instances is a PvE environment? If anything, it should be classified as both PvP/PvE, especially on PvP servers.

I think blizzard didn't really take into account this when making the change.

Either they forgot or don't care, most likely the latter.

looks like someone forgot the first season of mop when you could, it was horrible and near unplayable if you where behind the gear curve.

From the pve aspect I can understand why this is a good choice. The buffs are like handouts and while valor is easy to get you still have to get it to upgrade. All pve players get the ability to increase their ilvl but pvpers are still restricted to 550. Big buff for PVE in wPVP and just when I felt like I could head back out for blood coins. I guess I better focus on that before the patch then.

They could allow ilvl increase to pvp items and just scale them back to 550 in instanced pvp but that may be to much for them..